Is It Just Me Or What???

I thought I'd join this forum, coz I'm FED UP, and I could really use a bit of reassurance.

Here's the thing. I've been doing the Slimming World diet since April and I've lost 20 odd pounds so far. I've been really focussed since I started - following the diet religiously and counting my syns - all that stuff.

But for the last three weeks I have put on weight when I've expected to lose it, half a lb two weeks running, and then this week the scales said I'd put on THREE AND A HALF!!:mad:

There are people who come to my group who've been out for meals and drinks and still have a weight loss or a small gain, so I don't understand it. I keep getting to just under 10st then going back up to just over 11 and it's been WEEKS now. It's not fair!!

I was just wondering if anyone else has been through this stuck-in-the-mud thing or going through it? What do you do to keep yourself motivated? All tips welcome! I feel like the harder I try, the less success I'm having at the moment.:cry::cry::cry:

Hi don't know the answer ....

I'm going to ask the slimming world moderator to move this post to that section though - as you'll get better feed back there!

Hope you get lots of answers and hope you get sorted!

yeah when i reached 1.5 stone i had to shake my diet up a bit. i released that i was eating way too many carbs and so i started eating omelettes a few times a week for dinner instead of pasta and that helped.

i'd recommend doing success express for 3 or 4 days - that will definately help. and make sure you're bulking your diet out with veg :)

Just hang in there ... it WILL pass. Im sort of at that stage just now sticking to WW 100% and things are so slow just now, this is when its so easy to lose your motivation.

It WILL get better *HUGS*

In my IMAGE sessions there are a few people who have the same issues. My consultant has been thinking and working through the specifics - and the suggestions and comments are wide ranging.

Some of the people are putting lots of pressure on themselves and the body is reacting to it, some people are not drinking enough so the liver keeps on to the liquid and bloats you up, not eating enough is a big one! One that occaisionally works for me is a flexi-syn evening. I have no idea why (and I don't want to jinx it) but every now and then when I have been good I treat myself to 100 syns or so My theory is that it shakes my body up a bit - wouldn't reccommend though as it could be all in my head. Beginning some new exercise could help. Change your food habits, eating the same stuff all the time apparently makes your body lazy.

Hope that it helpfull!! xx

Completely agree Phishfood. When I lost all of my weight the first time I used to have a weekend off the diet every once in a while and eat whatever I wanted and it seemed to boost my metabolism. I don't know why but it has always worked. I would say have a treat, try not to worry and you might kick start your body into losing weight again.

If you are still sticking to it religiously then go out for a big meal. It will kick start your metabolism again and get the losses back. Welcome to the forum x

Wow! thanks to everyone who has replied so far - it's definitely given me food for thought (no pun intended!) I agree with mod-karen79 and Phishfood about shaking the diet up - I tend to get hooked on the same kinds of things and eat them obsessively! Time to make some new menus think.

And I've also heard of the idea of Kick-starting weight loss by eating a bit more, so maybe I'll try that if I have another bad weigh-in next week.

Thanks y'all for the support - it means a lot! x

No problem, start a diary on here so we can all support you and give advice through your journey

Good idea. The thing I am trying to do at the moment is think about my 'diet' not as a diet but as a fresh start to eating properly, eating things that aren't filled with additives and all the other stuff pumped into food these days. I am also trying to see it as a long long term thing, where if one week I stay the same and the next I put on weight, it doesn't matter too much as longs as I keep going and try to make progress.
I go to the meetings with a friend and she says that at first she really didn't want to go (both of us were humiliated by the thought when we first started) but now she says that if she hadn't of started she would have put on so much more weight - and not lost the 2st she has.

Right. Well it's weigh-in day today and once again I've worked hard all week. I've tried to vary my foods and I've not had much in the way of syns. I think if I have another weight gain this week I'm not going to go back because I can't see the point of keeping going each week when no one can explain what's going on. It's too soul-destroying. I will carry on trying on my own.

I'm sure you will have lost, but even if you haven't, it might just be your body having a funny 5 minutes (or weeks ;) ). You might find that in a few weeks you'll have mega losses over the course of a couple of weeks which will counteract the gains :)

I know it's hard, but i think on the bad weeks, we have to visualise things over the long term. Like maybe get to the end of 6 months and look back at what we've lost, and the odd week where we've put on will just be a blip on the horizon that doesn't count in the grnd scheme of things :)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you tonight! xxxx

How have you got on there this week? It would be great if you do come back for support etc - even if you stop going to the classes.

I lost 1 1/2 this week but am glad of it. The girl I go with lost 6 1/2!! For the first time this week she scoffed at me for my loss. You've gotta keep going even if people are like that!!

Well, phishfood, I lost 1.5lbs this week! Hurrah!:p I made a plan before I went tonight that if they bloodywell told me I'd gained AGAIN I was going home and burying my face in the cake tin. So I didn't have a hissyfit this week (I think I must be getting known for it) and the cake remains safe in the tin. I still wish I could work out what's been going on though. Oh well, I guess I'll need to be extra EXTRA vigilant about what I'm stuffing in my mouth from now on...

That's BRILLIANT!!! :D Well done you!!!!! xxxx

Thanks for the congrats, guys! BTW, someone suggested I start a diary on here to chart my progress. This might be a stupid question, but how do I go about doing that?? do I use some special application like the ticker things or do I just record my weight each week?

Back