Is it just me....?

VeggieBev

Silver Member
A couple of people have started commenting on my weightloss and I find it really embarrassing and hate talking about it. Is it just me??

When people say how much have you lost, I just say 'oh I'm not sure, maybe a stone or something' and then change the subject. I'm not sure why - everyone else on here seems to love it when people comment. A really nice lady at work said the other day that I was looking great and I said thanks but just kept walking. I felt a bit rude but I knew she was about to go in for the 20-questions and I couldn't bear it. I'm happy that I'm losing weight but I'm doing it for me and sometimes I wish people wouldn't say anything. Am I weird???? :D

I don't know if it might just be because a lot of my friends have tried and failed with 'diets' before and they've become what I call 'diet bores' where they talk about nothing but how many syns (or whatever their plan uses) are in every food or drink in sight or just keep going on about how they need to lose weight but never do anything about it. Maybe I'm just so desperate to avoid turning into them that I've actually gone the other way!

I do love that I have Minimins for all of my SW-related rambling though of course!!

I feel the same. Obviously, I know people are going to notice at some point (I've lost 12lbs so far) but I don't really want to talk about it. I'm not sure why. Only my immediate family and a couple of close friends know I'm doing SW. I haven't mentioned it to anyone else because I just don't think it's any of their business. For me, I think it may be because starting SW is tied up with sorting out my relationship with food and that's quite a personal thing.

A couple of people have started commenting on my weightloss and I find it really embarrassing and hate talking about it. Is it just me??

When people say how much have you lost, I just say 'oh I'm not sure, maybe a stone or something' and then change the subject. I'm not sure why - everyone else on here seems to love it when people comment. A really nice lady at work said the other day that I was looking great and I said thanks but just kept walking. I felt a bit rude but I knew she was about to go in for the 20-questions and I couldn't bear it. I'm happy that I'm losing weight but I'm doing it for me and sometimes I wish people wouldn't say anything. Am I weird???? :D

I don't know if it might just be because a lot of my friends have tried and failed with 'diets' before and they've become what I call 'diet bores' where they talk about nothing but how many syns (or whatever their plan uses) are in every food or drink in sight or just keep going on about how they need to lose weight but never do anything about it. Maybe I'm just so desperate to avoid turning into them that I've actually gone the other way!

I do love that I have Minimins for all of my SW-related rambling though of course!!

I admit i turned into diet-zilla. But many people are asking because they are genuinely pleased for you. The more you lose the more people will mention it, so get some stock answers ready...

I'm completely the opposite I love it when people notice and comment on how well I'm doing or how have I achieved what I have, it really boosts my confidence after all I'm not doing this for any bad reasons :)

Someone commented today on how well I was looking and I looked like i'd lost weight and that it really showed lol i've only been on sw 2 days lol must be a miracle :)

I love it - and haven't told anyone except for people at work that I'm on SW. Despite losing 25lbs, I haven't had anyone outside of work say anything yet, hoping my time will come soon :)

I didn't tell anybody about joining slimming world except for my husband and mom. For me it was a case of if I failed I didn't want people to judge me. Its also a very personal journey for me. Now that I have lost over 2 1/2 stone it's obvious I've lost weight and my friends are asking how I've done it. Im only too happy to tell them all about slimming world. I still don't broadcast it and certainly don't put on Facebook my weekly weightloss like some of my group. Although I understand it helps some people to do this.

I really didn't want people to know I was doing SW, I just wanted it to be a natural thing of people noticing the weight loss and maybe making a positive comment, but I didn't want it to become a "thing" - unfortunately I needed the very people I didn't want to tell (other halfs family) for childcare during the classes, so now they know, and I bloomin hate it, but needs must and all that, i just try and change the subject or just keep the conversation "light and breezy".

Back