Is it just me.....

emski

Gold Member
or is everyone overexcited about christmas?? Its only one day!!

BCholiday41112.gif

I'm not I am working 6pm till 4am so having dinner at my friends and going to work, off on boxing day and will make that a lazy day watching tv, unless you have small kids I think christmas is over rated I look forward to the new year when the sales are on lol....I look at the fact its one day and if I work I get paid a fortune more money to spend in the sales...xx

How excited I get depends on who's going to be around and what will be going on. This year will be a weird one, so more looking forward to New Year's. I often find Christmas a bit overwhelming, but I do love to give people presents. I like to get pressies too, of course. But I get a lot more satisfaction from going out and choosing gifts for people I know and love. It's great fun.

I haven't had Christmas really since i was 16, before my mum died.
The past 3 Christmasses i've been on my own, jut sat indoors and waited for the day to be over really...

But this year i'm spending it with my boyfriend and seeing friends inbetween, so i'm quite looking forward to having a happy Christmas again.

:xmastree:

I live with Mr Scrooge himself who always walks around going... do we need to have decs up.... no don't get that we don't need that its only Christmas... Grrr do I have to get decks up from the cellar...

Get the picture... lol

This year will be very odd as it will just be my husband and I... now daughter has moved and my father will spend it with her as she is working close up to... have that lost feeling already.

I thought I would plan a nice meal... lobster and Roast lamb with fresh veg and a lovely homemade fruit Jelly with a touch of baileys ice cream maybe... or maybe a moussaka... my total fav made the way my greek grandmother used to make it...

Anyway Christmas... normally makes me so happy... this year... making me feel sad first in 19 years without my daughter.. it hurts.

So I will have to annoy my husband now!

Back