Is it ok to add up all my weekly syns and deduct through out the week?

philly_x

I've just started so I'm not sure about this. At the moment I have 15 syns a day, in a week this is 105 syns. Can I just start the week with 105 and deduct downwards? I'm basically saving syns for the weekend and wondering if I could have a treat before then?? I didnt even come close to using all my syns last week so I dont think I will this week either, its not like I intend to have them in one sitting or anything! Does anyone else do this? What does everyone think?

Yes thats fine. Just be warned though that it doesnt work for everyone but if your just starting out then it should be a problem xx

Some people on here do this Hun and it seems to work for them. I prefer to limit myself to having them daily unless I have a function at the weekend. My advice would be give it a try and see how you get on, you will never know unless you try it!

That's my plan - saving all my sins for weekend red wine! Shall see how it goes though, if I do not keep losing I shall re-plan!

I think i'll be reasonable with it! I think i'll just have to keep track of how many I use I guess! I was basically asking this question because I really fancied some milky way little stars after reading in the low syn book they are 3.5 syns for a 12g pack. Went to the shop and the pack was 33g?! and it's a very small pack as it is!! I bet about 3 of them weigh 12g...why do they do that?!?! Where can you actually get a 12g pack anyway it would just be SO small!! >=(

I have never been a snacky person, so easily save them all up. Feel if I didn't use them at the weekends, I wouldn't use my sins at all!

Our leader says 10 syns a day and to count them backwards from 70 for the week, thus doing the syns on a weekly basis rather than daily.

Irene xx

Thanks for all your responses everyone! Irene that seems like a particularly sensible and easy idea! I will probably start using that soon! x

I start the week with 70 syns and use them weekly, not daily. I have most at weekends. This works for me.

Thats how I do it. BUT I weigh on a Friday morning and have the most of the Syns on a Friday and Saturday then have much less throughout the week. It will work well if you don't have them all the day before WI!

Yup 70 used up however I want works for me too!!! The only thing I found with it was on a couple of occasions I'd go out at the start of the week amd have a couple of glasses of wine..... then have run out by the time I went out on the weekend!!! this sometimes lead to me having a few more syns (drinks) over the 70........ however I'm a lot more controlled with this now and as long as you plan well I'm sure it won't be a problem! good luck hun xx

I don't really see how this can work for dieters. Possibly for target weight peeps. Reason why is because of the biology of it. If u starve ur body of fat all week, when you do say give 70 syns worth in one go your body will grab it as it wont know when its getting it next surely??

I don't really see how this can work for dieters. Possibly for target weight peeps. Reason why is because of the biology of it. If u starve ur body of fat all week, when you do say give 70 syns worth in one go your body will grab it as it wont know when its getting it next surely??
This has worked for me since I started on SW. I'd have only about 5 syns a day and then have about 30 to 50 syns of alcohol and food on a Saturday night. I lost over two stone doing this. However, my losses have never been big and my last half stone has taken me ages. I've managed to speed things up this year by doing the new EE plan and not saving my syns. Once I'm settled with the new EE plan I'm going to try saving my syns again.

Being able to have a drink at the weekend is a big motivator for me. It's probably not doing my liver any favours but I'm willing to have slower losses so that I can enjoy myself.

The best thing to do is to try it and see how your losses go.

I was under the impression that this is not something SW would recommend since the idea is that you dont deny yourself - the reason behind having syns. But saying that, I do it. (Dont look at my weight chart as a guide to someone who does this. I havent followed plan recently hence my last few weeks craziness - the drops was when I was doing 100syns as and when throughout the week)

I may be wrong - i thought I'd read that here but I may be wrong. I dotn go to group.

Every consultant will advise differently. You have to remember that this is a LIFESTYLE and you have to make it work for you. Many people find that they need more Syns for the weekend/nights out whereas they can stick to free foods during the week. Not having Syns during the week isn't depravation or starvation, you just eat more free food which will keep your metabolism steady. If you start to feel that you need more Syns but have already used your daily allowance, this is the time you are in danger of going off the rails and saying "Sod it, I will have a night off"

yeh, I'm just saving them for when I really really want something, im trying to stop grabbing things if they are just there or if I fancy it! I substitued a 9 syn pack of magic stars for a free mullerlight yesterday and was happy with it and didnt feel deprived! But the magic stars are still there for when I really really want them! and after the weekend, once I know how many syns I have left, I bet i'll have some! :)

Back