Is it ok...

... to just stick to the one plan rather than mixing it up?

I'm not a veggie but I hardly ever eat meat (unless it's on a pizza!) so the red plan really doesn't grab me at all! Extra Easy seems okay but I've really clicked with the green plan - I find that the carbs make me feel like I've eaten a proper meal rather than 'diet food' and I intend to add meat at least twice a week as Syns.

The only thing that worries me is that I don't want to overload on carbs and bring my weightloss down. At the moment a typical day for me is:

Breakfast: Two small (400g loaf) slices of wholemeal toast with two triangles of Laughing Cow light cheese (both Healthy Extra Bs) plus two or three pieces of fruit.

Lunch: Massive green salad with griddled courgettes, peppers etc, along with remaining three cheese triangles from HEB and a corn on the cob.

Dinner: Jacket with baked beans plus lots of salad. Fruit and mullerlight etc for dessert.

Syns: 250 ml red wine.

Does this sound ok to everyone? I just worry (even though I know I should trust the plan) because I remember my doctor once telling me that I should really restrict my carbs to lose weight and here I am having bread and a potato in the same day! :rolleyes:

if you are doing green then you have 2 heb's & 1 hea...............so you could have 2 800g loaf slices of bread for your 2 heb's in the morning which would fill you up for longer.

think you need to have more syns too.

You can mix and match the plans or stick to just one - whichever suits you. The great thing about a green day is that you can have lots of carbs - enjoy the plan!

I find if I do green days, my meals can be very heavy on the carbs - But this is just me, not the plan in general. This time round I'm making sure I have the 1/3 superfree with meals, even though it's not necessary, I just find it gives me peace of mind for ensuring my portions aren't too big.

Some bread and a potato is not overloading on "carbs"!

Having said that, it is perfectly possible to have a green day without too many carbohydrates if you prefer. I did a green day yesterday and apart from my porridge and crispbreads, I didn't have any other carbohydrates.

I had a vegetable soup for lunch and a salad with carrot, lettuce, cucumber, peppers, eggs and cheese for dinner. Yogurt and fruit for desert.

Stick to what suits you best, that way you are much more likely to stay on plan. If your losses slow down then feel free to try a different plan but for the now the most important thing is that you follow the plan. So if green suits, then green it is.

Agree with above post though about using your Hex's and your syns.

Good luck.

Gail x

Thanks all.

I agree that I'm missing out on a HEXB. I keep forgetting the darn thing. Would nuts count? I was considering buying some almonds or something and giving myself a portion a day for the protein. Also, I love em!

Yeah, you're probably right with the Syns. My wine is 8.5 and I sometimes have one of the cakey Mullerlights which takes it up to 9.5 but maybe I'll grab myself a little treat tmrw to take me up to the 15.

Jayne x

Plenty of us veggies on here lose weight with green only. I do think some of it depends on your body type. Some people lose tonnes with EE but I know many people who only get good losses with red (which is why SW's push, push pushing of EE is driving me MAD!)

I'm averaging 3lbs a week, I use all my syns and both 2 HEA and 2 HEB. I think it helps that unless I go out to eat, I always eat wholegrain carbs.

I'm doing green permanently but have just realised I haven't been using all my syns. I'm not attending a class and thought, until I read this post, that the syns weren't obligatory. Maybe they are??

I'm doing green permanently but have just realised I haven't been using all my syns. I'm not attending a class and thought, until I read this post, that the syns weren't obligatory. Maybe they are??

Syns are an essential part of the weight loss plan, it helps you keep a balanced diet so that maintaining when you reach target will be that much easier.

Try and have your full allocation of syns every day (or least a weeks worth in a week).

I remember a post on this forum, someone said that to lose 1lb of weight you had to have a calorie deficit of XX (I can't remember exactly) and having your syns every day doesn't even meet that deficit number, so not having your syns won't even lose you 1lb.

For the original post: -

Overloading on carbs means to me, just having carbs on each meal and nothing else!! Having toast for breakfast, pasta for lunch and a jacket tato for tea wouldn't be an overload AS LONG AS you have something non-beige with them :)

xx

xx

I have always done only green days, lost over two stone so far so it def works :) I used both hebs and heas and have whatever I want carb wise x

Our consultant told us for our bodies to burn carbs it needs alot more water than it does to burn protein which is why people often complain that carbs leave them feeling bloated and stuffed if you drink lots of water you'll be fine! Good luck

I think to gain a pound you have to have in excess of 3500 calories over the week? maybe it's the same to lose a pound?

that does figure with the amount of chocolate I ate over christmas and gained 2.5lb's :(

Our consultant told us for our bodies to burn carbs it needs alot more water than it does to burn protein which is why people often complain that carbs leave them feeling bloated and stuffed if you drink lots of water you'll be fine! Good luck

Really? Maybe that's why I've NEVER suffered with my carbtastic plan! I drink 95% water, and about 2-3 litres per day

I think it helps that unless I go out to eat, I always eat wholegrain carbs.

I'm not massively keen on the texture of wholegrain pasta and brown rice, but because I worry I don't get enough fibre whenever I have pasta I do half white and half brown and that works pretty well for me, actually I've come to prefer the taste to just white and feel less bloated after eating (bit off topic but wondered if it might help some people!).

Back