Is it possible?

Sweetie_Jo

Hi all,

I restarted yesterday after a few days off as i wasnt feeling too great :(

I tested just now with a ketostix for ketosis and it is showing traces. Can this be possible even though im only on my second day?

Hi Hun, yes it can be. Especially if u've had low carbs.
X

I always show as in ketosis on my second day of restarting even if I've had carb heavy food before starting. Guess I'm just lucky, as are you by the sounds of it.

BordersGirl said:
I always show as in ketosis on my second day of restarting even if I've had carb heavy food before starting. Guess I'm just lucky, as are you by the sounds of it.

Wish I were, it takes me ages to get back into ketosis :-(

Third day for me today, I was ravenously hungry to begin with, but feeling a lot better now... If you have a meal does it make you hungry later as you drop out of ketosis?

You don't drop out of ketosis on e you are in it unless you eat too many carbs. If you stivk to 4 packs a day, or 3 packs a day plus a protein meal and veggies within allowances then you are unlikely to drop out of ketosis. It doesn't happen after a single meal, unless that meal provides takes you over the daily maximum of carbs.

It can take 5/6 days to get into ketosis.

does everyone use ketosticks in general - I'm just starting and was wondering if I should be - I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis as hunger pains pretty much gone - also have a strange metallic taste in my mouth and wife says I smell like car cleaner! (??!) - and nope I've not just cleaned the car!

I haven't used the ketosticks. I'm currently on day 8 and i've had the metallic taste for the last few days plus don't feel hungry so i'm taking that as a good enough indication that i'm in ketosis.

Plus i'm too mean to spend the money on them :giggle:

A mini choc muffin was enough to kick me out of K :mad: lol

It usually takes me about 5 days - i use ketostix religiously they are rarely wrong for me :D

sabramshumphries said:
does everyone use ketosticks in general - I'm just starting and was wondering if I should be - I'm pretty sure I'm in ketosis as hunger pains pretty much gone - also have a strange metallic taste in my mouth and wife says I smell like car cleaner! (??!) - and nope I've not just cleaned the car!

No don't waste your money. You don't need them

If you aren't that hungry or have a metallic taste then your are in ketosis. Don't worry about the sticks - they're often wrong anyway. Let's face it, if ou're not hungry and you're losing lots of weight then who cares whether you're in ketosis or not?!

I have the k sticks & wish now i hadnt bothered as every reading us negative or 1 square past and im on day 22!

Back