Is it true the more water you drink...

lostpolarbear

...the more weight you lose? I'm terrible for not drinking enough and when I've stuck to ss my weight loss hasn't been as good as I'd like do you think it's because I'm not drinking enough? X

most definately does :) ul find that your losses are not so good if u dont drink the water as they r when u do. ul also feel better in yourself for drinking the water, help prevent dehydration and constipation. just spread it out through out your day and drink it steadily and im sure ul see some improvement :)

Ooh I best get drinking then!! Hehe. I seem to drink more when I have a bottle of water for some reason so will get a bottle and keep it with me. X

my shoddy 2lbs loss last week, I put down to not drinking enough as the other weeks. I've been hammering the water this week to see if my theory is correct!

glug glug :) i have some 1/2 l bottles that i fill up each morning so i know i need to have drank it all by time day ends......on the down side i was up twice in the night and having my bathroom downstairs was no fun during a cold night :-( but i know its good for me....good luck with your journey and i hope u find the water intake ok x

The amount of water i drink doesn't effect my weight loss at all.
I drink LOADS and it doesn't make me lose anymore..... i wish it did. I average 2lbs - 2.5lbs a week on SS.

Hi Lost Polar Bear,

I def lose more when I've drank more that week. I too struggle to get the water down, but it DOES help to keep a sports bottle of water with you and sip at it.

Can I just say - your losses have been FAB to date! Dont be disgruntled with those!! But yes, imagine you could lose EVEN MORE if you drank more! Get drinking! XX

Unfortunatley there's no real hard science behind the water thing. According to some research, water consumption might spark the body to produce more heat, boosting metabolism and burning more calories. But the research isn't in depth enough to say for certain. The other argument is that it makes you feel more full so therefore reduces calorie intake or stops you drinking high calorie drinks.

But what is scientifically backed up is that your body needs at least 2L a day (via food with water content, water etc) to function optimally so if you aren't getting that much you need to make sure you at least get that. It will help your skin, your concentration, your general feeling of well being etc.

Back