Is it worth going to group?

I totally agree with binge eater, I hate the group therapy, I stayed for a few weeks and found it totally boring, I hate the clapping and by the time they have clapped everyone in the class I was bored beyond belife.i personally believe if they gave a talk about new foods comming out syn values and prehaps recipes, I would have found it interesting, but at some point you will have to leave the group and then you have do it on your own, it costs £240.00 a year to go to class and depending on how much weight you lose it can cost 1Lb per £ quite a lot if money.so I choose with the help of this site to do it on my own

I totally agree with binge eater, I hate the group therapy, I stayed for a few weeks and found it totally boring, I hate the clapping and by the time they have clapped everyone in the class I was bored beyond belife.i personally believe if they gave a talk about new foods comming out syn values and prehaps recipes, I would have found it interesting, but at some point you will have to leave the group and then you have do it on your own, it costs £240.00 a year to go to class and depending on how much weight you lose it can cost 1Lb per £ quite a lot if money.so I choose with the help of this site to do it on my own

That a great idea, Rosie16. They should re-jig the classes and use that time to talk about things like nutrition, recipes etc instead of each persons weights and stories about what the ate or did not eat during the week. However, many others might disagree, though. Im with you, though on this one.

Yeah, sometimes the subconscious bit if competition and knowing that we are accountable to somebody can help. I would love to even find a small group. its just the big group thing with announcements and personal stories that are very boring (to some) put me off, somewhat.

If you do want to go to class, when you go tell the C you don't want your name reading out at image therapy;)

I don't go to class. This is my group! :gen126:

Ok by that I mean you guys. Not that little circle of emoticons!!

Glad I read this thread... I was a bit bothered by the way the consultant went around the group etc and hadn't realised I could say pass on me lol...but then would prob feel more embarrassed if I was the only one...cor!

I find group to be the best motivation tool for me!!
Never in my life have I ever had the confidence to go to a group & meet new people especially as everyone is older than me...I felt people wouldn't take me seriously, I'm 6 weeks in now and have moved from the back row to the front centre and contributing to image therapy & supporting others the best I can
Each week I look forward to sharing my success and listening to others who have succeeded, I don't think there is anything wrong with having a little boast about how well you have done and vise versa? Why should I not talk about how well I have done ?
I think image therapy is a good idea although it may not work for everyone,
Group is a way of building confidence and supporting others...definitely worth £5 a week...x

Think if your in the mood for group its great & if you find the right consultant for you also

I've heard about consultants that txt members to see how they are, speak to them at group and offer 1 on 1 support . If yours is supportive it is a great tool

Maybe size of group and consultant style makes the difference

My new lady is ace but unfortunately I only have time to weigh during work hours!

Definitely shop around. . After all you can go to any group you like!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm the only bloke in our group which has about 40 lady members with the usual about 15/17 which stay... I love staying and having a brew and a chat with them, it motivates me !!!!!!

I think it depends on you really, For me group works because I like the going and weighing and being accountable for my food over the week. Also I am a tad competitive so enjoy the reward stickers and bits that keep me motivated, and its always nice to have people congratulate you on a good loss and be able to hear other peoples storys and tips.

Back