is it worth it, keeping motivated

raquelscatt

i joined sw in sept 2011 and havent yet lost 3 stone. i am a very large lady and still have about 5 stone to go. i lose a bit, then gain and love going out socially, i find it hard to say no!

ive got over the fact that im not going to win the race as the fastest loser, my sister has last 4 stone since march 2012, and friends similar loses, but after watching the dispatches programme about weight watchers, its made me realise, i am in a way wasting my money. i dont even average weight loses of half lb a week!!

i am getting so bored with the whole thing and cant shake off the feeling of what a waste of time and whats the point!! i joined a gym but found that had no effect so gave it up but now i miss it in a way!

i cannot control my food and know how easily i could put the weight back on and that is not an option!!

sorry for rambling but forever bending my consultants ear who is great, need to vent elsewhere.

Perhaps you could try focussing on your health as a motivator rather than weight loss? After all what is there to motivate us to keep off weight once we've lost it? It might help you keep at the gym because although your weight loss might not improve your health will? I read a book on it, can't quite remember what it was called but I can dig it out if you are interested in knowing more.

i am getting so bored with the whole thing and cant shake off the feeling of what a waste of time and whats the point!!

Think how bored you will get of not being able to leave your house because you are so big you can't get out of your bed.

Or how bored you will be when the weight begins to affect your ability to stand up on one of those social events so you stop going to them

Or, how embarrassed you'll feel when you can't fit in the plane seat, or the train seat, so you stop going on holiday or anywhere.

Or, how you will end up having limbs amputated as a result of obesity related diabetes

Or how you won't be able to climb the stairs because your heart is surrounded by far & won't work properly.

Now ask yourself if you'd prefer those to trying to control your food & stick to a healthy eating plan.

Is it worth it ? .... 2.5 Stone down i can definately say yes . I have a 3 yr old he Is the reason i lost weight i can now run around with him and be the mum i always wanted to be i eat and drink out Alot and plan what i will eat and drink in advance so i dont get tempted
Its all about what your personal priorities are mine Is to be as healthy as possibile so i can be a good role model for my son and im now there doing it and im do much happier in myself now too

Think how bored you will get of not being able to leave your house because you are so big you can't get out of your bed.

Or how bored you will be when the weight begins to affect your ability to stand up on one of those social events so you stop going to them

Or, how embarrassed you'll feel when you can't fit in the plane seat, or the train seat, so you stop going on holiday or anywhere.

Or, how you will end up having limbs amputated as a result of obesity related diabetes

Or how you won't be able to climb the stairs because your heart is surrounded by far & won't work properly.

Now ask yourself if you'd prefer those to trying to control your food & stick to a healthy eating plan.

Well said :)

I think sometimes it is a matter of how bad you want it.

I wanted to lose weight for years. But always tried and it never worked. I tricked myself into believing I wasn't cheating and my body just wouldn't lose weight. I even went to GP for thyroid test as I was certain.

Then last year something made me say 'I've had enough' I stuck to weight watchers and exercised 4 times a week as well as having a social life. I lost 40lbs between jan and June.

Your the only one who can do this and you shouldn't compare yourself to others. When your ready it will happen.
Please don't give up...think about your future.

i joined sw in sept 2011 and havent yet lost 3 stone. i am a very large lady and still have about 5 stone to go. i lose a bit, then gain and love going out socially, i find it hard to say no!

ive got over the fact that im not going to win the race as the fastest loser, my sister has last 4 stone since march 2012, and friends similar loses, but after watching the dispatches programme about weight watchers, its made me realise, i am in a way wasting my money. i dont even average weight loses of half lb a week!!

i am getting so bored with the whole thing and cant shake off the feeling of what a waste of time and whats the point!! i joined a gym but found that had no effect so gave it up but now i miss it in a way!

i cannot control my food and know how easily i could put the weight back on and that is not an option!!

sorry for rambling but forever bending my consultants ear who is great, need to vent elsewhere.

Yes it is worth it! Its hard work, its for life but it is definitely worth it!
I lost about 9 stone and got to a target I was happy with, also got a bit bored of constantly having to make the good choices while others around me were having what they wanted, messed about a bit and put some back on. Luckily I have realised that I don't want to continue putting it back on and am back on track and just off the top of my head these are some of the reasons why.....
I want to fit in the size 14 clothes that I have(or maybe even smaller ones one of the days)
I want to continue going to yoga/zumba classes/running and exercising and being able to do most of the things that others can in the classes
I want my kids to be able to say no shes not when their friends say your mums fat, unlike in the past
I want my daughter to be happy to have her picture taken with me on her 21st, her wedding day etc unlike when she had her prom :( (I don't think she was even aware she was doing it but I was)
I want to be able to fit in an aeroplane seat if I get the money together to go on one
I want to be able to wear the health clubs gown when I go on a spa day and not have to take my own as theirs won't fit.......
These are just a few things have thought of I could go on and on and on. Take a look at the non scale victories thread and you will see lots more reasons by lots more people, the inspirational pics thread and lots of fantastic examples of why its worth it.
You too are worth it. You can still have a social life, make good choices when you can and allow yourself meals/days when you can't and you will get there. Good luck!

Back