Is scan bran free?

katieeee

I can't find if it's free or if there are syns... It looks gross so I'd rather not use it as a Healthy Extra B.

Thanks!

1 syn each or 5 for a HEB

It's a high fibre crispbread, available from class or Holland & Barrett, that resembles roofing insulation ... and many people say it tastes like it too!

I've started making cakes with it and I have to say they're not bad! There's a Scan Bran page on Facebook where people are sharing recepies. They're so easy and most are done in the microwave and ready in minutes!! X

I make choc scan bran cake and I find it great for evening nibbles!
5 scan bran softened in hot water and mashed
3 beaten eggs
1tbsp golden syrup
2tbsp cocoa powder
Sweetener to taste (my recipe says 1/2 mug but my mugs vary greatly in size! I use around 1 1/2tbsp)

Combine all ingredients and pour into shallow microwaveable bowl or dish.
Microwave on high for 7mins. Will be springy to touch and have pulled.away from the sides when cooked.

Whole cake when following this recipe is 8 syns! I use a shallow dish and cut it into small squares like brownies :)

I make choc scan bran cake and I find it great for evening nibbles!
5 scan bran softened in hot water and mashed
3 beaten eggs
1tbsp golden syrup
2tbsp cocoa powder
Sweetener to taste (my recipe says 1/2 mug but my mugs vary greatly in size! I use around 1 1/2tbsp)

Combine all ingredients and pour into shallow microwaveable bowl or dish.
Microwave on high for 7mins. Will be springy to touch and have pulled.away from the sides when cooked.

Whole cake when following this recipe is 8 syns! I use a shallow dish and cut it into small squares like brownies :)

sounds a bit too good to be true?? I worry it isnt going to be chocolatey enough??

I think I might give scan bran a whirl and try this cake. maybe you can help me out a bit - its 5 scan bran for a hexb right? (I do red and EE) and then i syn per scan bran if not used as hex?

How do you syn your cake/brownie pieces? I assume you cut it into 8 pieces? Or 16 and have them at 1/2 syn per piece?

Gave scan bran a try, don't like it, no matter what you do to disguise it. There are lots of lovely crispbreads around, so I am not wasting time eating something that resembles coconut matting!!

sparty said:
sounds a bit too good to be true?? I worry it isnt going to be chocolatey enough??

I think I might give scan bran a whirl and try this cake. maybe you can help me out a bit - its 5 scan bran for a hexb right? (I do red and EE) and then i syn per scan bran if not used as hex?

How do you syn your cake/brownie pieces? I assume you cut it into 8 pieces? Or 16 and have them at 1/2 syn per piece?

You can always add more cocoa but syn accordingly. Some people just can't get on with it but I find it ok. Worse bit about making a scanbran cake is resisting dipping the spoon back into the syrup- one for the cake, one for me!

Back