Is Sole Source a head game?

bellefrogette

Silver Member
For reasons that escape me I cannot ( or have not so far ) gotten or get my head into sole source mode..and I am so prolonging the issue that its unreal.

So I am wondering if anyoneof the sole sourcers might share how they go it into solesourcing , made it a sold part of their programe and have stayed with it? Tips would be helpful as well. Thanks.

I think it's all about what you are telling yourself (that little voice and those subconscious thoughts/beliefs). If you are thinking "I HAVE to do this because I am fat /unfit / horrible / weak / look terrible in my clothes" and "will do the CD ...but it's so many weeks/months with no food...will miss x,y,z.....won't be able to go out on x night" then I think your mind automatically rebels.

I'm taking the approach that I WILL do this, I WILL be slim, I can eat if I want to, I am choosing not to. I will be able to wear that black top on Nov 20th when I go out with the girls etc......it's mind games yes... but the mind responds to positive messages just as it does to negative.

Also the HALT technique is good.. are you eating because you are hungry (physical or emotional hunger?), angry (hurt), lonely or tired?

Gg

I did SS+ i had a small chicken meal a day for the last three weeks, but now I am SS now, i feel I can do and don't miss food at all, I think its getting your head into it, Thursday will be my 4th week weigh in and I will have lost my first stone perhaps even a little over it, I feel happy and not hungry now at all, why not try SS+ or even 810 and gradually get your self to SS? I hadn't planned it that way, i just missed eating so much, but now I don't as I got it out of my system and now am in the habit of just having the shakes, and if I feel I need a 4th packet one day, I just have it :) GL and remember.... don't stress over how long it will take you to get to a goal.... the time will pass anyway and if you stick with it you will lose it :)

Last year I did it for 12 weeks, sailed through, no problems then had my compulsory week off on the 13th week, couldnt get back into it at all, fought for another 6 months, gave up totally for 3 months over the summer and last night I started again.
It was so so so easy first time round - this time it's hard work. This is really day one - fingers crossed.

I have found that it's a head game for me, I know I'm not physically hungry but a large part of it for me is learning the difference between physical and mental hunger and working out how to combat the latter.

I have a pair of size 14 jeans hanging on my wardrobe door and an electronic countdown on my computer desktop counting down to various events coming up, my 29th birthday, a charity ball I'm going to at Goodwood House, a dear friend's wedding and a ski holiday as motivation for when I'm battling my own head.

I did SS for 5 months with no break last year , and its all about getting in the right 'headspace ' You have to get yourslef excited about doing SS , see it as a completely positive experience , think about how wondeful you will feel at weigh in , set small goals and celebrate by buying new clothes , or make up o book .. I took it 1 day at a time , and every day I managed 100 % made the next one easier , feel empowered , you are chosing to do this not being forced .. if you really want food no one is stopping you .
If you see CD as a positive change to your life and a short term situation to lead to a long term goal .. its simple :)_

I

I have.... an electronic countdown on my computer desktop counting down to various events coming up.... as motivation for when I'm battling my own head.

Oh.. where did you get this? Is there a link on the web?

Gg

It must be a head thing - but I have no idea what triggers is. Every other time I've dieted (other diets) I haven't managed more than 2 weeks, but this time i'm 3 weeks and 2 days in and still 100%ss. For some reason I'm just not even tempted by food - not even when my miserable husband made me pick up fish and chips for him on my away home last Friday. Every now and again I think that I will still be doing this next April/May, but it still doesn't make me want food or feel deprived. I'm even palnning not to do Christmas (helps that I don't like roast dinners or christmas pud though - its the chocs that make it for me) Fingers crossed this mind set continues til i'm and goal and beyond!! I wish I knew what has triggered it for me - because i'd bottle it!

Hope you get your head round it ;-)

Last year I did it for 12 weeks, sailed through, no problems then had my compulsory week off on the 13th week, couldnt get back into it at all, fought for another 6 months, gave up totally for 3 months over the summer and last night I started again.
It was so so so easy first time round - this time it's hard work. This is really day one - fingers crossed.

Alex, fingers crossed for you, I have also done it before, so many moons ago I wonder if I have one atom of that same woman in my being but hey, by Sunday you'll have strong ketones..keep on keeping on, one day at a time

Hope you get your head round it ;-)

I suspect I will, I have today, all day today to write and think and feel and meditate -at the end of the day either I am in or out, the struggle is doing my head in more than ketosis could ever. I think its not making the choice one way or the other that is making moi crazy.

I did SS for 5 months with no break last year , and its all about getting in the right 'headspace ' You have to get yourslef excited about doing SS , see it as a completely positive experience , think about how wondeful you will feel at weigh in , set small goals and celebrate by buying new clothes , or make up o book .. I took it 1 day at a time , and every day I managed 100 % made the next one easier , feel empowered , you are chosing to do this not being forced .. if you really want food no one is stopping you .
If you see CD as a positive change to your life and a short term situation to lead to a long term goal .. its simple :)_

:eek: ok, from your mouth to God's ears.., cos I need simple, excited might take longer..but you are onto something, I absolutely do not see it as a positive choice, an empowering choice, a choice I make of my own free will. I am behaving as if someone is forcing me ( no one will is ) and I am acting out ( all in my head) no wonder I have held myself on this plateau, taking my 4 Cd then nibbling round the edges( at stuff I do not need or want ) like I am getting away with something.

I actually feel like a muppet right now, but many thanks cos I can see that I have built up an unwinnable battle in my head.Where I am always the loser. I had hoped that someone would post something that would facilitate a paradigm shift because my best thinking wasn't working

Your right Belle.. it is about the choice ... and I feel that once you "choose" to be in it becomes quite empowering as you are in control of food rather than food being in control of you (or feeling out of control around food).

I think the same goes for any healthy lifestyle plan; the perspective you adopt makes the difference. CD is just a little more extreme but ideal if you have food addiction tendencies as it is as close to abstinence from your "drug" as you can get.

Good luck and I hope you'll join us :D

Gg

I have found that it's a head game for me, I know I'm not physically hungry but a large part of it for me is learning the difference between physical and mental hunger and working out how to combat the latter.

Nally I am a bit of a wuss, mental hunger and psychological craving scares the bejesus out of me, I think I am going to die or something if I do not nibble , in my head its drama queen central,but I intend to draw curtains on that never ending saga, at least I see it now and I am a great one for journalling. I think it will be the question- what is the drama now- that I want to eat? my physical hunger switches off after 48 hours so in bodily terms , its not an issue. I hope by sunday I am not having to eat my words.

I did SS+ i had a small chicken meal a day for the last three weeks, but now I am SS now, i feel I can do and don't miss food at all, I think its getting your head into it, Thursday will be my 4th week weigh in and I will have lost my first stone perhaps even a little over it, I feel happy and not hungry now at all, why not try SS+ or even 810 and gradually get your self to SS? I hadn't planned it that way, i just missed eating so much, but now I don't as I got it out of my system and now am in the habit of just having the shakes, and if I feel I need a 4th packet one day, I just have it :) GL and remember.... don't stress over how long it will take you to get to a goal.... the time will pass anyway and if you stick with it you will lose it :)

I have tried 810 but I tend to jazz up the meal too much and before I know it I am back to full eating. The CDC I had before did recommend even going as high as 6 CD in the day, just to stay within the zone of the product if I found myself craving and that, the feelings would calm down. I actually at the time did not understand the wisdom in what he was saying.

He pointed out that intially for some people the urge for food would kick back strongly but if I fed it with another Cd my mind would get the message that the only thing on the menu was CD, and then after a few days I would be into my groove. I think the short term expense blinded me to the fact that he was not saying that this would be forever or even a week . I do not do the food /Cd combo well at all and the first time round when I was successful it was pretty much cambridge all the way

I think it's all about what you are telling yourself (that little voice and those subconscious thoughts/beliefs). If you are thinking "I HAVE to do this because I am fat /unfit / horrible / weak / look terrible in my clothes" and "will do the CD ...but it's so many weeks/months with no food...will miss x,y,z.....won't be able to go out on x night" then I think your mind automatically rebels.

it's mind games yes... but the mind responds to positive messages just as it does to negative.

Also the HALT technique is good.. are you eating because you are hungry (physical or emotional hunger?), angry (hurt), lonely or tired?

Gg

Hi there Corey girl, my mental dialogue is just non stop and harsh, when its not harsh it is dispairing and my whole being rebels at my tone and rebels..not to sabotage my efforts but in protest at my attitude towards myself. You have added another piece to the conundrum..I have been hitting my self over the head with the need( as opposed to the choice ) to sole source and it has to be said, I have been a bit if a bully. I do put a positive spin on thing most days and I start off well , but I can't think of when last I actually encouraged myself or spoke softly

Hey Belle

It sounds like you would really benefit from some cognitive behavioural therapy to help you change the negative thinking loop you are finding youself in. Once you are in the loop it can be impossible to stop the voice and around and around you go.

Cognitive Behavioural Therapy for Dummies: Amazon.co.uk: Rob Willson, Rhena Branch: Books is a good place to start.

www.livinglifetothefull.com is also a really good website and is an online toolbox you can use to help.

Stress and Negative Thinking - Common Patterns of Negative Thinking just gives an overview.

Good luck
xx

Back