Is SW family friendly?

I think the trick is not to make a big thing of telling the family that they are having healthy, low-fat, low-sugar SW meals. Tell some people that something is good for them and they immediately decide they aren't going to like it!!
Just say that you are trying out new recipes!

100% does I am a family of 4 and I cool one meal a night the kids have the same pack a me too sometimes it is great x

:O syn free icecream?! how?? lol x

I've popped few recipes on another thread, but in short:

Tub of quark
Couple of fat-free Muller Lights
Teaspoon or so (depending on sweet tooth) of Truvia
Some other flavourings to boost the taste - i.e. If a vanilla yoghurt, some vanilla extract, if lemon, some lemon zest etc.

Bung in an ice-cream maker and you get a soft, creamy ice-cream.

Piece of cake and can change the quark for 0% Total greek yoghurt, or whatever you have a preference for.

By all means shout if you need a better recipe!

Gotta try it - abosultely brilliant and TOTALLY SYN FREE!!!!!

Tub of quark
Some other flavourings to boost the taste - i.e. If a vanilla yoghurt, some vanilla extract, if lemon, some lemon zest etc.

Piece of cake and can change the quark for 0% Total greek yoghurt, or whatever you have a preference for.

sounds amazing! but i dont have an icecream maker :'(

sounds amazing! but i dont have an icecream maker :'(

Could pop it in a tub in the freezer and give it a stir every half hour or so until it freezes up. Won't be quite as smooth, but will still do the trick :)

MisterQ said:

Tub of quark

Yum!

I don't have an ice cream maker either but will give it a whirl

Could pop it in a tub in the freezer and give it a stir every half hour or so until it freezes up. Won't be quite as smooth, but will still do the trick :)
oh ok! will give it a go! gotta be better than no ice cream at all! lol xXx

It's very family friendly.... We eat most of the same meals as before just cooked differently. My motto is you either like what I'm cooking or you fend for yourself... There is no way I would be making different meals for other people, obviously certain meals are unsuitable for little ones (im thinking overly spicy stuff) but in that case they get tweaked to suit them. I think giving children different food to everyone else can make them fussy. Just my opinion but i have far better things to be doing than cooking 2 sometimes 3 different meals to suit other people.

Hiya Shirleen

Didn't realise you did SW! So now i know who to bug with all my questions lol

I've already prepared spicy meatballs to have with wholewheat pasta tubes for tea - and am afraid i cannot forsake the meatballs lol

So think i will syn the roll for today.

So this is my menu does it look ok?

Breakie
Alpen & semi skimmed Milk

Lunch
Wholemeal roll filled with chicken and salad and a bannana for afters

Evening Meal
Homemade spicy meatballs in Ariabat (passata) sauce
Wholemeal pasta shapes

Sliced peaches and sugar free jelly

So does this mean i have used Milk and Alpen as my 2 Healthy Extra's making this an extra easy day???#

With 6 syns used for wholemeal roll?

BTW how many syns for 2 little rounds of garlic bread?

i looked up syns for garlic bread (theyre in our books) and a slice of it from a standard baguette was 4 syns if i remember right, shockingly high!! if youre missing garlic bread you could always make your own on a weight watchers petit pains!! (hexb) and use some flora lighter than light (1/2 syn per tsp) and crushed garlic clove, bet that would be nice!! might try that lol

edit: forgot to add my family meal ideas lol. we use alot of quorn mince but you could use extra lean minced beef, and we make with that shepherds pies with our hexa of low fat cheddar on top, spaghetti bolognaise packed with mushrooms, tomatoes, garlic and onions and also put the low fat cheddar on top.

ive also made a pasta bake from the slimming world websites recipes, oh and one of my faves is burger and chips!! i use meat free but theres plenty of low syn proper meat burgers to have, put hexa cheese on sometimes i use low fat cheddar and my recent discovery is the low low burger slices, we can have three!! melt them on and put fried (in frylight) onions and mushrooms on top! have with slimming world style chips and salad of lettuce, tomato, onion its proper lovely junk food style.

also i love bangers, mash and beans ! i do this on a green day and use meat free sausages (i cant see where superfree would fit into this on an extra easy day though)

sausage casserole, 2 sausages per person and then i use tin of beans, tin of chopped toms, mushrooms, onions.

ive done chicken kebabs using schwartz perfect shake either cajun or chicken (both lovely) a hexb wholemeal pitta from asda, salad, slimming world chips, home made low syn coleslaw, the list is endless for family recipes that the kids will love.

and assured you will be feeding them a healthy diet :) i wish my mam had fed me so healthy when i was a kid :D

Last edited:
Hi, have just read your post, and have to say, I have 4 children, 15, 13, 12, &7, and im doing the ee plan, and have lost just over 5 stone. The plan is great really fits in with family life. My kids eats sw friendly meals most of the time, although I dont stop them having their takeaways, or kiddie friendly meals such as chick nuggets etc. They eat better now than they have ever done, and im confident that all of our meals are well balance, healthy, and tasty. I would say its possibly the best thing I have ever done for myself, and my family, and by changing our daily diet, I have found that my kids behaviour has improved, as have their attention spans, reckon its down to cutting down on convenience foods, etc.... hope its works well for you.;)

MisterQ said:

Tub of quark

This sounds AMAZING!! I'm a sucker for ice cream!

My whole family do SW and hold SW BBQs which neighbours come to and are none the wiser! It's the easiest eating plan I've ever followed!

Back