Is SW family friendly?

Trash

Still fighting
Hi

Do you think SW fits in with a family of four?

I don't want to have to make 2 different meals each night!

I would recommend doing extra easy, it is the closest to "normal" eating you will get. It will easily fit in with family life and almost any meal can be adapted to be sw friendly so you can still have your favourites, just with a few tweaks :)

We now only eat SW recipes & we have never eaten so well!

Absolutely fits in with family life!!
i have a family of 6, myself, my husband, a 9yo son, 4yo daughter, 2yo son and 1yo son and we all eat the same!! and i have never before actually seen the kids eat so well - as in clean plates most nights!! hubby moans a bit, but mainly about my now lack of baking cakes and lack of crisps and choc in the house but he loves the dinners etc!
even my sister come to see me for the weekend n i made a baked bolagnase thing, she ate quite a large portion lol n sat there after saying eurgh i feel sofull, need to a day of workout now to burn that off! lol then i told her it was SW freindly and fat free and she was like oh! noway! that was well nice lol! wont have tro workout after all lol xXx

ScarlettStar86 said:
I would recommend doing extra easy, it is the closest to "normal" eating you will get. It will easily fit in with family life and almost any meal can be adapted to be sw friendly so you can still have your favourites, just with a few tweaks :)

I agree, extra easy is the best for my family of 4. I think in the last 10 weeks I have only cooked 1 meal that they didn't like and to be fair it was vile :)

I'd echo the comments already made - we're a family of 4 and SW fits in perfectly. Kids love the vast majority of the meals...especially the syn free ice cream!

Thankyou one and all for your informative replies ;o)

One more question and I'm sure it won't be the last....I'm trying to deciding which plan to follow -

On EE can i have bran flakes for breakfast with skimmed milk (so thats to H Extra's) but can i then have a wholemeal roll for lunch?

Confused!

Thankyou one and all for your informative replies ;o)

One more question and I'm sure it won't be the last....I'm trying to deciding which plan to follow -

On EE can i have bran flakes for breakfast with skimmed milk (so thats to H Extra's) but can i then have a wholemeal roll for lunch?

Confused!

You only get one Healthy A and one Healthy B on Extra Easy. But, if you really wanted that, then you could use your Syns. You could use your HEB on the bran flakes, and then Syn the roll (or vice versa).

yes hun u could, i think the wholemeal roll is 6 syns? (60g) please someone correct me if im wrong as i dont have my book to hand and relying on my (not too great) memory xXx

yes hun u could, i think the wholemeal roll is 6 syns? (60g) please someone correct me if im wrong as i dont have my book to hand and relying on my (not too great) memory xXx

Yep, 6 Syns for a 60g wholemeal roll.

Yayyy thanx girls - its just that i've not been food shopping so not properly prepared and have had to make do for something for work lunch ;o)

Trash said:
Yayyy thanx girls - its just that i've not been food shopping so not properly prepared and have had to make do for something for work lunch ;o)

Hi Trash! You could feasibly do a green or a red day which gives you two Healthy Extras just if you're doing red when you cook your evening meal skip the potatoes/rice/pasta, and if green skip the meat. I've done that when desperate!

Hiya Shirleen

Didn't realise you did SW! So now i know who to bug with all my questions lol

I've already prepared spicy meatballs to have with wholewheat pasta tubes for tea - and am afraid i cannot forsake the meatballs lol

So think i will syn the roll for today.

So this is my menu does it look ok?

Breakie
Alpen & semi skimmed Milk

Lunch
Wholemeal roll filled with chicken and salad and a bannana for afters

Evening Meal
Homemade spicy meatballs in Ariabat (passata) sauce
Wholemeal pasta shapes

Sliced peaches and sugar free jelly

So does this mean i have used Milk and Alpen as my 2 Healthy Extra's making this an extra easy day???#

With 6 syns used for wholemeal roll?

BTW how many syns for 2 little rounds of garlic bread?

Defo!

I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old and don't make different food. Sometimes I'll adapt so instead of giving them the chicken pizza base I just grill them chicken strips but they still have sw chips and cucumber/carrot sticks x

So this is my menu does it look ok?

Breakie
Alpen & semi skimmed Milk

Lunch
Wholemeal roll filled with chicken and salad and a bannana for afters

Evening Meal
Homemade spicy meatballs in Ariabat (passata) sauce
Wholemeal pasta shapes

Sliced peaches and sugar free jelly

So does this mean i have used Milk and Alpen as my 2 Healthy Extra's making this an extra easy day???#

With 6 syns used for wholemeal roll?

BTW how many syns for 2 little rounds of garlic bread?

As long as the peaches are fresh theyre free (tinned have to be synned). Was the pasta sauce a pre-prepared one out of a jar or one you made yourself? Pre-prepared sauces have no free food allowance so have to be synned (1 syn per 20 calories). If you made it yourself with all fresh stuff its fine :)

The garlic bread will be 1 syn per 20 calories too so you can work it out from the packet but I expect itll be fairly high.

As long as the peaches are fresh theyre free (tinned have to be synned). Was the pasta sauce a pre-prepared one out of a jar or one you made yourself? Pre-prepared sauces have no free food allowance so have to be synned (1 syn per 20 calories). If you made it yourself with all fresh stuff its fine :)

The garlic bread will be 1 syn per 20 calories too so you can work it out from the packet but I expect itll be fairly high.

Thanks for you reply - the sliced peaches are going to be tinned so do i work out the syns from the calories as you said before i.e. 20 cals per syn?

I have made my own passatta sauce with chilli's - so thats save some syns!

And will work out garlic bread later - Thanks

Defo!

I have a 3yr old and a 1yr old and don't make different food. Sometimes I'll adapt so instead of giving them the chicken pizza base I just grill them chicken strips but they still have sw chips and cucumber/carrot sticks x

Good thinking - whats the chicken pizza base?

Thanks for you reply - the sliced peaches are going to be tinned so do i work out the syns from the calories as you said before i.e. 20 cals per syn?

I have made my own passatta sauce with chilli's - so thats save some syns!

And will work out garlic bread later - Thanks

No the peaches are as follows:

Peaches, canned in juice, 100g 2½
Peaches, canned in syrup, 100g 3
Peaches, fresh, pureed/cooked without sugar, 100g 1½

Cooked, tinned and pureed fruit isn't free but its not too bad. You need to try to get the stuff in juice rather than syrup if possible.

Back