is SW only good if you Have a lot to loose?

busybee123

IM so fed up.

I need to lose 1.5 stone

I've just joined ww and hate counting!
Think I've made a mistake! Lol !

I know it works, but I eat unhealthily And IM starving!

I know SW works, but I've never ever managed to get to goal and found loses slow.

I'm 31 and so confused but desperately Want to loose the weight for my holiday.

Advise appreciated xx

IM so fed up.

I need to lose 1.5 stone

I've just joined ww and hate counting!
Think I've made a mistake! Lol !

I know it works, but I eat unhealthily And IM starving!

I know SW works, but I've never ever managed to get to goal and found loses slow.

I'm 31 and so confused but desperately Want to loose the weight for my holiday.

Advise appreciated xx

Why are you eating unhealthily on WW? There really is no need. Isn't fruit and veg free now?

SW works for all, I've seen people join to lose 7lb and lots join to lose a stone.

What is a slow loss to you? Surely a slow loss is better than no loss at all, or gaining??

If you desperately want to lose weight then stick to WW and eat healthily or stick to SW and slower losses.

I've done both diets - also a lot of others too. When I did SW years ago &did red and green I struggled and never managed goal. This time Doing EE I lost the 1.5stone that I needed to and have been at target for over a year. This time it just clicked and like you I was always hungry on WW

Points well made!

I rag unhealthy in the sense that IM only 26 points a day and IM finding I will use all my points on a tiny weeny tea like fish fingers or pasta or ready meals or treats and remember SW being more healthy but less treats.

I found I always got fed Up with it due to losing just a 1lb a week.

Proper wasted my money going to ww haven't I!!

Perhaps f you used your points differently you wouldn't be so hungry hun........I'm sure WW have lots of healthy recipes.

It's your call of course but there's nothing wrong with losing a pound a week on SW :)

Slimming world is great if you want to loose a little or a lot, I lost 2 stone on slimming world, my original target was 1.5 stone but then I decided to loose another half.

Slow losses are better then no losses

If you'd have stayed with Slimming World, losing 'just' a pound a week, you'd be at your dream weight now.

You sound as if you're impatient and want quick answers (I know how it feels!), but that's the way people put all their weight back on. You need to learn to eat healthily so that it sticks for life. Scrimping your points together to eat fish fingers is bananas! Ready meals are packed with salt and sugar to withstand the nuking.

Are you going to make the commitment to change for life and put in the effort needed?

Set yourself mini goals. Special dates etc. Easter seems just around the corner.. with a loss of 1lb a week, you could look at a total loss of almost 1 stone! With your dream weight in time for summer.

Now, isn't that worth just 1lb a week? :)

The difference i have found with ww and sw ... Is sw changes your Eating ( i eat so much more fruit and veg these days ) and eat Alot healthier than i ever did on ww the problem with ww Is that there are so many ww ready meals and products that you end up spending a fortune on pre made crap just to save the hassle of weighing and counting thus not improving your diet. On sw i Cook from scratch most of the time and im also ensuring my toddler eats well as he has the Same occasionally we have fish fingers but i make my own to save syns

The difference i have found with ww and sw ... Is sw changes your Eating ( i eat so much more fruit and veg these days ) and eat Alot healthier than i ever did on ww the problem with ww Is that there are so many ww ready meals and products that you end up spending a fortune on pre made crap just to save the hassle of weighing and counting thus not improving your diet. On sw i Cook from scratch most of the time and im also ensuring my toddler eats well as he has the Same occasionally we have fish fingers but i make my own to save syns

Oh and half a lb a week Is 1st 12lb a year

Oh and half a lb a week Is 1st 12lb a year

Fantastic!!

Kick up the bum well needed!!

I am too impatient i guess, my hubby easily looses 4lbs a week and it bugs me,. although im proud of him.

But i love cooking and i feel ww does take this away.

Plus i do want to keep it off and i guess slow losses are the way forward.

Thanks girls for this advice.

Fantastic!!

Kick up the bum well needed!!

I am too impatient i guess, my hubby easily looses 4lbs a week and it bugs me,. although im proud of him.

But i love cooking and i feel ww does take this away.

Plus i do want to keep it off and i guess slow losses are the way forward.

Thanks girls for this advice.

Slow and steady Wins the race i dont really mind how long it takes me as long as its in the right direction id rather have small losses and maintains than put on

I've done slimming world for 4 years. I have lost not quite four stone in that time...and you have slow losses? There is nothing wrong with 1lb a week, 1-2lb is a healthy amount to loss in a week, thats not slow. 3 months to lose a stone is nothing, i didnt lose that amount in a whole year! I know you can get away with eating some rubbish on WW but is being hungry an unhappy with the diet better than being satisfied, happy and losing at a steady pace?

I was always a slow loser, to the point where I started measuring my loses in blocks of butter because sometimes I was 'only' losing 1/2 lb - but realised that was still the same as a block of butter in fat ........... over 107 blocks gone now and stayed off ........ I'm happy! :D

I was always a slow loser, to the point where I started measuring my loses in blocks of butter because sometimes I was 'only' losing 1/2 lb - but realised that was still the same as a block of butter in fat ........... over 107 blocks gone now and stayed off ........ I'm happy! :D

Great losses ladies!!

Very motivating. At the end of the day - i want to eat healthily and want it to stay off.
Think im gonig to Switch back!!!!!

All diets are tough if you only have a little to lose though. The core of the plan though, and the rules that you follow should be enough for you to lose weight right into your healthy level.

Hiya!

I have 19lb I would like to lose and have come to accept the fact that it will be 1lb off a week. I have tried to do quick fixes and am in no better position than I was 2 years ago! So I have no unrealistic ideas to lose so much by a certain deadline but each week think...I am making better choices, eating healthier and I will lose my next pound of fat ;)

You've all made it seem more real to me now!
I've aldi devised I'm going to go swimming. I'm a very weak swimmer, but I really want to try it and get better at it.

You've all made it seem more real to me now!
I've aldi devised I'm going to go swimming. I'm a very weak swimmer, but I really want to try it and get better at it.

The more you swim the more your stamina will improve i teach swimming on a monday after my wi and then have a swim when i started i only did 10 slow lengths and now i do 30 in less than 30 min its nice to finally be able to practice what i teach so to speak :D you will get there patience Is all it takes rome wasnt built in a day xxx

Back