Is SW really difficult for you guys who like a drinkie?

13.5 syns doesn't sound like enough. I measure it for my stews and 175ml of white wine is 6 syns - 175ml is not very much, a paris goblet's worth at most.

I dont really drink either, i will every now and then enjoy a glass of wine or two or a Jack Dans neat but thats about it. In fact i can tell you my last drink was in April and i havent been bothered since. The problem for me lies in the deliciosness of a bag of kettle chips or doritos.:rolleyes:

I like my vino (I thought a bottle was 30 syns btw)..... and I'm convinced if I didn't like it quite as much as I do, I'd find 'dieting' a whole lot easier!

I can say no to the choc, crisps and biccies IF I know after a hard day I can relax with a glass or two of wine or homemade sangria (yummm).

When I did WW many moons ago, it was ridiculous, I'd skip meals just so I'd have enouhg points for a drinkie at the weekend!! And they say its a healthy diet!?!?!

xx

I don't drink either, maybe a glass of wine with Christmas dinner.
I just love food.

im not much of a drinker during the week, but if im out with friends i can quite easily drink malibu and diet coke, my downfall is when i decide i need a double vodka and red bull which then leads to the shots...hence why ive got 3 horrible bruises on my arm from falling over...i dont get that drunk often because i hate feeling out of control. Usually after i wake up in the morning i then crave crisps so i end up using a whole weeks syn allowance in one night/one morning food addiction is my worst tho

I had to quit smoking in order to quit drinking and to be perfectly honest I don't miss either. However, food has been the hardest thing for me to quit. People talk about drink addiction and nicotine addiction. No one ever talks about food addiction.

Oooh I feel a blog coming on...
Total agree its not like you have to smoke or drink whereas you have to eat!!

I do like my tipple but I do keep it within my syns. I REALLY like wine but it's so high on syns and one or two glasses is not enough so I don't drink it unless it's with a special meal or occasion. The last glass of wine I had was at my son's wedding in August.
What I do drink, is brandy with diet coke.
I have learned that a tot in a pint glass lasts quite a while and I enjoy it.
I admit to having 2 or 3 most evenings after work. Weekends, more but always within my limit.
I don't drink to get drunk as I hate the after effects of too much alcohol but I do enjoy it, and if asked whether I would want chocolate or a drink, and drink will get my thumbs up every time!
For me, to give up the "naughty" food is much easier than my tipple!

Back