Is tasting food ok?

Tasting it isn't recommended, it will get your taste buds going. If you spit it out it won't effect ketosis or weigh loss but it will make you hungry for sure.

if i tasted it i would have to eat it :(

Hi - I put a similar post on the other day. It really isn't worth it because although it wont affect your weight loss it will awaked your taste buds and you will want to eat - it took me three days to stop doing it - now I ask other family members to taste things!

just a tip for you hun! What I do as I have a toddler too is just put the spoon of the hot food to my top lip just to feel the temp but not into my mouth. I never taste it and i wipe it off my top lip straight away otherwise i would fear that if i tasted it, i would come out of ketosis and be hungry and end up eating.

So just put it on your top lip to feel temp and wipe off with tissue straight away!

Another tip. When I was on Lipo, I bought some fab spoons from Asda that change colour if the temp of the food is too hot. Or, I'd just dip my finger in! Its so hard I know! My daughter went right off her food when I was doing it (she's 1 too) and I was cooking everything in sight to try and tempt her. Tempted me more though! Good luck xx

Back