Is there a SW bubble n squeak recipe

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by katie240181, 12 April 2009 Social URL.

1. katie240181

katie240181 Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i am new here, i have done slimming world numerous times, but always ended up failing so i am starting again hoping to try harder this time, so i want to work out some food plans to help me in the week, its easier for me if i know what i am having when i get in from work, but i was wondering if there was a SW bubble n squeak recipe, if there is does anyone have it please

thank you :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    here you go:
    454g Floury Potatoes peeled & chopped
    227g savoy cabbage
    2 leeks chopped
    1 garlic clove crushed
    227g smoked tofu
    salt & pepper

cook the potatoes until tender (about 10 mins), drain & mash. Cook the cabbage for 5 minutes, drain & add to the potato.
    Spray a heavy based frying pan with fry light & fry the leeks & garlic on a low heat for 2 - 3 minutes, stir into the cabbage & potato mix. Add the tofu & season to taste.

Transfer to a frying pan & cook for 10 mins, turn over then cook for another 5 - 7 mins

4. julie19

julie19 Silver Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    oh - forgot to say - it is syn free on green

5. Ninja

Ninja Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(20.28%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I just use left overs.

I tend to use sweet potato and white potato combined and mash with remnants of my HeA milk, could add some LF spread and syn if you want. Then use whatever veg you have and mash it all together.
    You could make them into individual patties or just one huge pan full to be portions out and fry it over a med heat in fry light.

Sweet potato's are slightly better than white potatoes because they're less starchy and have less carbs....I think :confused:

What are you planning on having them with?

6. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    You could also use SMASH (or an own brand instant mash)

It's especially tasty done in a pan sprayed with butter fry light. Mmmmmm!!!

7. furrystomper

furrystomper BATMAN & ROBIN FOREVER

Start Weight:
    16st12lb
    Current Weight:
    16st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.97%)
    Diet:
    sw
    Mmmm sounds nice, think il have to try that :)

8. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

I do mine with curly kale (currently in season, yum yum!)
    Just mash potato, let it cool, add cooked curly kale, some chopped spring onions, fresh herbs if you have any and seasoning. Bind with an egg yolk and leave to chill for at least 3-4 hours.
    Form into cakes, spray a pan with fry light and cook for ten mins each side.
    Hope this helps!

9. evanesco

evanesco I'm the tortoise.

Start Weight:
    10st1lb
    Current Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(5.32%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers ProPoints
    I just cooked extra potatoes and veg on a roast dinner day. Chuck it all in the pan, mash it up, shape it into individual patties, pop 'em in the oven for a bit.

10. <3FallenxAngel<3

<3FallenxAngel<3 Getting married :)

thought id try just mash, cabbage, sprouts (chopped) onion, garlic, and egg mixed together and either just fried in fry light or shaped into patties and fried in frylight! maybe add some bacon or chicken for free on Extra easy or HexB

11. LittleMissCupcake

LittleMissCupcake Minimins is the best!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    i make mine with smash - and add onions (i buy frozen ones and defrost them) chilli flakes, chopped bacon and my hex a of cheese.
    serve with sweet chilli sauce! hmmm

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.