Extra Easy Is this an easy way to calculate syns?

Seanamall21

Hi all! I am new to SW, doing EE, and when using the snackulater etc, i have found that everything is roughly 1 syn per 20kcals. Am i right in saying this? If so, this would make life sooooo much easier when out shopping or getting a branded snack in a rush! I used to do WW and have the points calculater on hand was great!
Thanks
xx

Yes, 20cals =1syn for foods that don't have any free food allowance.

Have you got the slimming world app on your phone?

Like eternity says, it is correct for most snack type things, but if it has any free allowance then it isn't and obviously much harder for things with out a label!

I dont have the app, so i need a handy way to calculate syns, so i dont either eat first, count later, or deny myself something that i could of had just because i didnt know the vaalue. And yes, i know about the free allowance but generally i mean the more naughty stuff like bars and crisps lol!

xx

Make a list of synned things you like and keep it in your wallet bag desk etc then you'll have your own mini on the go guide.

Or even better plan the day ahead as much as possible when you have computer access to check syn values eg night before.

Back