Slimming world-sort of!

Pru12

Hi!

I have just joined this forum as I am about to start slimming world, again! This will be attempt 64093 I reckon! I have only ever stuck to it religiously once, and I lost nearly 2 stone. However, I put nearly all back on last year! I had an awful year and I ate my way through it. I half heartedly attempted slimming world a few times last year, but I wasn't in the right frame of mind to do it. But I am back to being motivated. I haven't got social media, so I thought starting a little chat here will keep me on track-I hope!

Now, one of the biggest reasons I gave up/ had failed attempts at slimming world is that I really hate the 'light' version of everything and really struggled with the obsessive syn counting when I wanted to have the full fat stuff. So this time, I am eating full fat stuff and cutting down on the amount of carbs I have. I will be eating slimming world meals 3x a day, but I am going to eat carbs once a day, probably at dinner, but if I want mayo with something, it will be the proper stuff! & I also won't be synning it:eek: When a recipe calls for low fat anything, I will be using the full fat version, and obviously a third of my plate will be speed food and lean meats. I am obviously not going to go mental with the full fat stuff, but one of my favourite dinners is tuna and pasta-using the light mayo completely ruins it and I can't face that pain again!!

I should also point out that I am not in a rush to lose this weight. I would quite like to lose 2 stone by the end of this year, but I am not putting myself under an insane amount of pressure to do it, like I did the time I followed SW. I want this to be a proper life style change, so eating the full fat stuff will keep me on track. I am going to exercise regularly and eat (mostly) slimming world style, with a snack here and there that I won't syn as I don't snack on a daily basis!

Do you think I am mad?! I think it is possible as it is still a healthy diet! Has anyone else done it?

Thanks for reading my ramble!

If you doing Slimming World then you need to syn your snacks and full fat foods as they all contain calories and you don't want to over do those calories which could stop you from losing the weight.:)

If you doing Slimming World then you need to syn your snacks and full fat foods as they all contain calories and you don't want to over do those calories which could stop you from losing the weight.:)

Hi :) I’ve done slimming world before but I’m trying a new way where I get rid of the light stuff and just use the full fat instead! Gonna see if that works!

I will be watching this post with interest. I wish u well and hope it works. I think it will my husband did what u are doing and he lost a stone over time. Good luck.

Back