is water flavour a laxative?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by bingbong, 14 February 2009 Social URL.

1. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi everyone,
    Bit :ashamed0005: asking this but I am wondering if anyone has found that water flavouring has a laxative effect?
    It is the only thing that I can think of as I only started using it a couple of days ago and have had a bit of it but today I used it to mix 4 litres of water and so have had far more than before. I hope not as it makes drinking water just so much easier!!!
    anyone?
    Bingbong

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Has it had that effect with you then hun?

4. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    I thought that might have been obvious. Yes it has! Strangely I nearly bought some laxatives today, good job I didn't as I certainly don't need them today!
    Bingbong

5. kellymundy

kellymundy Gold Member

Start Weight:
    20st9.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry thought you might have read it has happened to someone else and was curious if it might happen to you! lol.
    You could have an allergy to it hun, why don't you try not cutting it out completely but just cutting back on the amount that you have in a day?

6. Lard Arse

Lard Arse Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st1lb
    Current Weight:
    10st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st8lb(34.67%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    If using the flavouring is making the water easier to drink does that mean you're drinking more water? I drink far more water on a weekend than i do during the week and always find that it loosens things a bit (well, a lot actually), could just be that. If not drinking enough water can cause constipation then surely drinking it to excess (or just more than you're body is used to) could have the opposite effect.xx

7. Judith

Judith Member

Hello - check the ingredients on the flavoured water - if it has sweetener in that will probably be why it has a laxative effect.
    As a diabetic with irritable bowel I have to be very careful not to eat sweeteners!!

:wave_cry:

8. Grrlscout

Grrlscout Full Member

Start Weight:
    22st10lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st10lb(25.16%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet - SS
    I don't know about CD flavourings in particular, but I remember that the LL ones did have a laxative effect. I stopped using them for just that reason...

9. bingbong

bingbong Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    Thanks everyone,
    I checked and of course there is sweetener in it, should have thought of that one! I think that must be it, which is a shame, I will just have to limit how much I have of it. I would have thought that the binding effect of CD would have compensated for it!
    Today I have been feeling really dizzy, so I think that yesterday stripped my body of nutrients or something too which isn't good. Will drink water today and my shakes and hopefully it will pass.
    Thanks
    Bingbong

10. Berryred

Berryred Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st12.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7.5lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    poor you hun, take it easy xx

11. LadyHemlock

LadyHemlock Helsinki Vampire

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st6.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0.8lb(21.93%)
    Diet:
    Exante
    Do you always drink 4L water? I can't manage 4L it makes me very dizzy and gives me the runs. I think it's just the fact that my bladders already full and the water has nowhere to go but out the other way...lol!

12. andju

andju I lurve lurve lurve bars

Diet:
    slim and save
    Hi,I use the water flavourings,they definatley do have a laxitive effect,but that doesnt bother me,as it means i dont get constipated!!
    Did you know that you are only supposed to have a teaspoon a day altogether?if you have been throwing it in your water willy nilly that might be why,dont give up with them straight away love,you may find you have just had too much,they make the water taste so much nicer.
    xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.