Is week 1 only water loss?

no pain no gain!

confused:confused: .Ive been reading people telling about their big loss in week 1 and then saying its just water loss in week1. does that mean theres no fat loss at all? can people not tell that youve lost weight????

Im no expert but you can certainly tell that you have lost weight no-matter how it is made up on the scales and in your clothes.Some of the more experienced members on here will be able to tell you more about how fat is burned and when x

I lost 10 lbs in my first week and I am sure it wasn't all water. I could feel a difference in my clothes and there was a noticable difference in my body shape as, after only one week, a few people asked had I lost weight. That was with nobody knowing I was doing the LT as I never told a soul. As Shamrock said someone will be along to give you a more technical explanation. Anyway, stick at it and if you can get through the first week it gets so much easier. Julia x

Hey Shamrock, just noticed your stats... you are doing amazing! I got my fingers crossed for my second weighin on Monday. Jx

Im getting weighed monday too cant wait woo hooo
although my scales aint showin any movement :mad:

Ladylipo you have done brilliantly up to now - good luck for Monday! I am a bit worried about my second weigh-in - I did so well week one I don't want to be upset it I don't do well this week as I have stuck to it 100%.Julia x

Im sure you'll have a brill loss but just dont expect a loss lik week one as most of that is water weight!! Wat time do you WI?

Hey Coccinella,
Cheers for the encouragement! I dont think I will have done as well this week,I do think its all down to the water intake.Your doing very well,keep at it and we will all check in come monday,my WI day too x

I usually go up to the chemist around lunch time. I would be pleased with 5 lbs (maybe thats being greedy) but, fingers crossed. Jx

Thats what im hoping for too, i need to loose that on adverage every week to be at goal by my hols next month!!!
I go first thing, do you have a shake or drink anything before you go?

Not sure of the percentage of fat and water which you lose the first week or so but it is mainly water.
I personally noticed Id lost weight the first week purely because I didn't feel as bloated but people didn't notice or at least start saying anything until I had lost 3 stone plus.
I think there are a couple of reasons for this, the first been I had such a lot to lose that 20 stone minus 3 stone is very little on the grand scheme of things and secondly which I think is more likely, so called friends would rather comment on you been fat than compliment you on losing weight, I think in my case it was the latter.
Unfortunately for me I was becoming quite aggressive in the end when people said anything untoward about my fat issue, which helped me lose weight even more as I thought I had grown out of that:eek:
All I can say is the scales dont lie and remember why you are doing this......for YOU! XXX:)

I always have my first shake at lunch time. That way I can have my second at tea time and save a third for evening. If I did't do it that way I just couldn't cope. I struggle in the evenings. So I will go to the chemist before my shake I think. Good luck to us all anyway Jx

In the first week hun you lose water and glycogen(dont know how to spell that) thats why the los is bigger. When you refeed tour glycogen stores refill again which is why you can gain a bit of weight although its not fat xx

if i understand this correctly we have to lose a lot of water weight anyway, so i dont really see the problem with it being water weight. when the fat comes off so will water, it all has to go, if some of the water comes out a bit faster in the morning then thats fine. its not like you will be getting that water back when you are thin.
it all has to go.

You lose gycogen too and do get that back xxx

It's them horror-bags glycogen stores which hold onto 4lbs of water, so I assume that if your quite big then you'll lose quite a lot of water, but after that's gone you are down to losing just pure nasty FAT, and that's the bugger we want to lose.

Back