Is Your Life On Hold ???

paul1978

DO NOT QUIT !
Are you waiting until you have got to goal weight until you do something you want to be doing now ? (if that makes sense)

Ive been wanting to get back into wrestling (please dont laugh!) for a long while now (I done a few shows years ago) but havent gone back as Im not that fit and am not slim. Thing is, there are other wrestlers that are not slim and they do it fine. I think I would be happy within myself if I went back wrestling and slim down whilst I was wrestling, rather than waiting until I was slim. So why have I got it stuck in my head I have to be slim and very fit before going back ?!? Im just waisting my life like this bcos Im getting too old for starting back wrestling.
And its doing my head in !

unfortunately yes..

Hi Paul - just started posting on here.... wrestling sounds intriguing!! I think you will find that your experience of putting things on hold ( unnecessarily!) is very common. I hate going home to my home town as I was always slim growing up and have always been fat whilst living here so people have knowm no different. I feel ashamed and embarrassed when I go homw and tend not to go out much in case I bump into an ex and see the shock on their faces...

HOWEVER I had to go to a wedding recently in ireland where there were a lot of people I wouldnt have seen in approx 12 years and I really didnt want to go but do you know something- I had a whale of a time and really no-one batted an eyelid or cared at all how i looked and in my more rational moments I already knew that but then the fat head takes over. I am now trying to wear nice clothes every day and take better care of myself and it is making a difference.

I think we do spend too much time worrying (needlessly) about what other people will think or say. You go for it, if its what you want to do dont let a few lbs stand in your way :)

Are you waiting until you have got to goal weight until you do something you want to be doing now ? (if that makes sense)

Ive been wanting to get back into wrestling (please dont laugh!) for a long while now (I done a few shows years ago) but havent gone back as Im not that fit and am not slim. Thing is, there are other wrestlers that are not slim and they do it fine. I think I would be happy within myself if I went back wrestling and slim down whilst I was wrestling, rather than waiting until I was slim. So why have I got it stuck in my head I have to be slim and very fit before going back ?!? Im just waisting my life like this bcos Im getting too old for starting back wrestling.
And its doing my head in !

Hi Paul:)

If it's "doing your head in" now, then just imagine how you may feel when you are sat back in your rocking chair at 80 years old (;)), thinking....."I wonder if.....",....."If only.....".

Go for it hun!! Jump in with both feet!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Better th regret things you have done than things you haven`t.
As my mum says "your a long time dead"

Unless you physically can`t do something, just go for it and enjoy yourself.

Hi Paul:)

If it's "doing your head in" now, then just imagine how you may feel when you are sat back in your rocking chair at 80 years old (;)), thinking....."I wonder if.....",....."If only.....".

Go for it hun!! Jump in with both feet!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D
totally agree go for itxx

Hi, i'd say do the wrestling as it'll get you slimmer and fitter quicker!
After saying that, i know what you mean, why you are waiting till youre slim.
i think we all put things on hold waiting for that magic number on the scales before can think about doing somehting - it's daft really when you think about, we are only holding ourselves back.
No one cares if we do something whether we are slim or not, but we do so much, we are our own worst enemies sometimes.

Back