Isd it true.. The more you drink the more you shrink?

mumto4

What is it about water that makes you lose weight?

Is there a limit you should be drinking as I know it is dangerous to drink too much?

For a fab weight loss how much should you be drinking a day?

Hi, the minimum is 2.5 ltrs and then you can drink whatever you feel you need after that. Some people find they have a better loss if they drink more and some people find it slows their loss.

Have a search through some of KD's posts, as I think there is one about water in that and the myth surrounding the 'more you drink the more you shrink' phrase.

I was also told that drinking plenty of water would help with the skin shrinking back and reduce sagging skin. Tho not sure how true that is.

I must admit, i feel i need to drink more some days than others, this week i have been trying to drink 3-4 litres a day to see what happens with my weight loss, lets hope i have a good loss on monday.

I must admit, i feel i need to drink more some days than others, this week i have been trying to drink 3-4 litres a day to see what happens with my weight loss, lets hope i have a good loss on monday.

Ooh good idea Laura, let us know how you get on. I'm thinking of drinking more next week to see if there is any difference in weight loss. :rolleyes: I hope so!

It's funny how we loose fast on cd, but we always want to loose faster! If only my fairy godmother would be kinder and sort me out with a swish of her wand! lmao :p

Hugs x x x

My CDC told me that lots of water helps after a blip and gets you back into ketosis faster (not that I blipped but was discussing on the 'just in case') not sure if its speeds up weight loss but it does help the skin catch up.

Hi folks :)

For me the water thing was just about finding an amount that I could drink comfortably in one day and feel well on.

After about the first week on CD I sit at 4 litres of water per day on top of any water that I use to make shakes/soups or any teas and coffees. My 4 litres would come in 2 x 2 litre empty pop bottles that I fill each night before bed.

I would take one to work for the day and then start on the 2nd one when I got home:). After the first 2 weeks on CD I would always use the water flavourings as for me it just made it taste better and easier to get down.

IMO it's just about experimenting until you get it right for you as long as you are drinking the recommended daily amount already. :D

I like water and find it easy to drink but yesterday (day 1) I was panicking a bit that i was drinking too much . Think i'd drunk 2l by 11:30am and i only got up at 9! Then i drank more during the day.

Today I have filled up an empty 3l juice bottle and going to pace myself to drink that and if need be a teeny bit more. I'm finding that i'm really thirsty anyway but don't wanna end up with water poisioning lol

I am also interested in the "more you drink the more you shrink" debate. I am going for 4 litres a day, more if possible as I am hoping that it will help with weight loss and help my skin too. I am also thinking that it helps compensate for the lack of food, giving me something to do with my hands and mouth, and fills up my stomach.

A realted question: does your body get used to the amount of water you consume and need to pee less? I am peeing like a racehorse, and I was just wondering if my body will adjust to the water intake.

One thing that is paramount to remember is PACE YOURSELF! You must NOT drink a lot in a short amount of time, people have died from drinking multiple litres very quickly. It must be paced over the day

It's a myth.

If I remember rightly, it all started when some folk wanted to get America drinking more water...up to 2 L a Day! :D

They stated that drinking 8 glasses of water was a key to weight loss and a tonic for the skin.

That's been disproved, but people jumped on the band wagon and assumed if 8 glasses of water helped weight loss, then 32 glasses of water would help them lose 4 times as much :rolleyes:

Snopes, the well known myth busting site says this

The best general advice (keeping in mind that there are always exceptions) is to rely upon your normal senses. If you feel thirsty, drink; if you don't feel thirsty, don't drink unless you want to.
snopes.com: Eight Glasses of Water a Day

Which is great, cos that what I've always said :D

It is important to have the recommended amount though, rather than go totally on senses, as Cambridge is a ketogenic diet, and so can be dehydrating. After that, it's up to you.

But: I noticed on the lipotrim forum, JanD contacted LT (which is similar to Cambridge (VLCD with shakes) about a maximum and was told not to have more than 4 litres

"SHE said - well you musn't have more than 8 pints. My heart sank - 8 pints?? I asked why and she said that if you drink more than that you will wash away all the nutrients and just wee them out. "

MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - My conversation with LT ... strawberry mousse & water intake (long one - sorry.) x

There we go and that is the myth that I was referring to earlier. Thanks KD.

so 2.5-4l per day girls...

Thanks for doing research but does it aid weight loss then or is it just good for you?

so 2.5-4l per day girls...

Thanks for doing research but does it aid weight loss then or is it just good for you?

Mainly for good health. If you have water retention, then it'll help that. Doesn't do a great amount for fat loss, as long as you have having at least the minimum.

You have to be carfull not to drink too much as it can wash out the natrual salts in your body and make your potassuim low (the nurse coming out of me! lol)

My CDC told me to aim for 6 litres a day, its really hard but ive been sticking to it, so am I drinking too much??

6 litres??

I'd not an expert (maybe a CDC can help) but I'd say yes!
I told my CDC I was having around 4 litres a day and she said ease off on some days, so some days have 3 and some days have 4.

You sure she didn't say 6 pints? (thats about 3 and a half litres)

Hi i had my WI last night and lost 6lbs i was disappointed and she asked if i had been drinking 2.25 litres aday or 4 pints, i hadn't, because i dont like water :jelous: so i've had the water flavour and its great, won't have any problem drinking 4 pints now.
Louiexx:wave_cry:

Don't be disappointed with 6 pounds...

I lost 7 in my first week, and I felt the same, after seeing people of here that had a lost a stone in the first week...
But the weeks after that I carried on losing 6 pounds a week, when some other peoples had slowed down, and I lost 1stone 5 pounds in 3 weeks.

So don't worry! 6 pounds is still amazing!

6 litres??

I'd not an expert (maybe a CDC can help) but I'd say yes!
I told my CDC I was having around 4 litres a day and she said ease off on some days, so some days have 3 and some days have 4.

You sure she didn't say 6 pints? (thats about 3 and a half litres)

Yep I rang earlier and double checked so im sooo confused now

Back