Isn't anyone else calorie counting?

Oh me too! I'm calorie counting as well - nice to know there are a few of us on here :) I've been doing this for about 2 weeks, sticking to around 1000-1200 calories a day. So far, so good (I'm down 8lbs) although I have had a couple of 'off' days, I have upped my exercise on the other days to make up for the overage! Using Food Focus as well to keep me on track.

Hi was doing cd and lost most of my weight that way .I am calorie counting now mainly to maintain but also to lose holiday weight gain which I have done :D
I use food focus find it a great help and completly free bargain .

So far I have been using food focus, though I have found that a lot of the foods I eat aren't in their database (I'm cheap, I buy no-name brand stuff all the time), so I am adding most manually. However, it has a nice little area I can save in, so it's worth it and if my PC crashes I don't have to worry about microsoft excel sheets going with it!

Day #3 just started, so far so good. Upper 1600 calorie range, not including exercise, though apart from walking my dog I don't do much exercise. It's not terrible, but I have had to modify a few of my recipes - I had no idea I was cooking meals that were 1900 calories per person! :eek: Replacing oil with nonstick spray, butter with a lower fat butter spray, sugar with sweetener etc. My husband will be happy, he is looking a little saggy around the waist since I started going all out cooking and now I know why!

Guinness beer beef & bacon stew, which I was serving with a very fatty gravy over mashed potatoes (though my hubby preferred french fries, which is even worse because he got the kind from McDonald's rather than baking himself...) with sauteed mushrooms. The fat left over from cooking was just combined in the original version of the death meal. When I make it again I will be using turkey bacon and patting it dry before mixing it in, ditching the gravy (the stew can be used for that), baking my husband's fries myself (loads better) and going with steamed mushrooms. No more fat being mixed in!

As for what I am eating now, adding veggies, fruit and cutting out sweets unless in moderation. Food Focus is working well, day 4 :)

Guinness beer beef...mmm....I'll be dreaming of that now! LOL!
Glad FF is going well for you? I love being able to see exactly what i have left (or gone over? :whistle:)

I haven't gone over yet and I am always trying to squeeze as much as I can into my daily allowance, if I have 50 calories left I have some extra fruit! :D

I am 7 calories over today, for shame! ;)

Ah well, the 30 flights of stairs I climbed today should make up for it! There are so many stairs to get into my appartment, then the ones at work and in the shopping mall...I never realized how many stairs I was avoiding. Surprisingly my knee put up with all of it.

I live on the 5th floor and I work on the 3rd floor. I have no fear of lifts (other than the really tiny ones that can only fit two people, but that's more if there is someone else in there...too tight a squeeze). I used to really like those formerly wonderful automatic staircases, until I realized they are designed simply to stall weight loss (at least, that's my theory ;) ;) ).

Probably invented by the same jerk who invented king and super sizing menus ;)

I was offered a coupon today for 10 free rides in one of those bike taxis that goes around the city ~ suddenly it's like the whole world wants me to be fat! *paranoid* ;)

Where is everyone? This part of the forum is so quiet...is counting calories that unpopular or am I just a forum junkie from the start?

hey, im calorie counting! i use nutracheck to keep track of the calories im eating/burning etc. only lost 19lbs so far so its not happening as fast as id like :(

hey, im calorie counting! i use nutracheck to keep track of the calories im eating/burning etc. only lost 19lbs so far so its not happening as fast as id like :(

Are you eating the calories that you burn from exercising? How long has it taken you to lose the 19lbs? Are you able to set it up so that you burn X number of pounds per week, then get a guideline on how much you need to exercise/eat?

Oh and congratulations on the 19lbs! I am green with envy ;)

Last edited:
nutracheck sets your calorie limits based on your weight/height/how much you want to lose, so basically my targets are to eat no more than about 1700 cals a day, and burn off about 200, although i usually burn more than that. to be honest ive been doing this since june but only recently started using nutracheck so i have more "strictness" to it, if you know what i mean?

When I am using the "guestimating" method (if I don't have food focus handy) I am usually about 50 calories off per item. That can add up quite a bit and when I get home I correct it. It is a lot stricter and more safe, I like it.

3 months for 19lbs is really good, you should be proud! The first week is usually the big loss, then after that it tapers to a healthy 1-2lb loss per week. You are losing at a good pace. A pound is a pound is a pound :)

aww thanks! i could just never do a vlcd like cambridge or slim fast, i like my food too much :D. just completed my food diary for today, eaten 875 cals today, alot less than my target of 1905 so thats good (its not that ive eaten hardly anything, just its been all healthy stuff!) and walked 40 mins ( to and from work altogether) and going for a half hour walk tonight. how are you finding it all? 1 more lb and youv lost half a stone!!! bet it feels fab! xx

Back