Issues with Tesco Lighter Choices Meals?

Sneeze

Silver Member
Today I'm having a Tesco Light Choices pasta meal with spinach and ricotta. The pack itself says 12pp, and having checked the NI, it is in fact 12pp. But the eSource says it's actually 10pp?

Similarly yesterday I had a garlic mushroom pasta meal from the same range. It said 14pp online but 11pp on the pack. I am double checking the NI each time but surely it's odd that the eSource is wrong on so many of these items. Particularly since you'd think they'd be quite common?

I just had a Light Choices Sandwich and it said 8 on the packet but esource said 7. There was no weight on it so I couldn't work it out with the nutritional info, but there was 240 kcals in it so going by the 40 kcal rule of thumb I counted it as 7. Maybe I should have gone with 8?

what's the "40kcal rule of thumb"?

40cals = 1pp apparently! when people are in a rush or havent got the facilities to work out the pp then they get the whole cals of what they want and divide by 40 :)

so 80 = 2pp, 120 = 3pp, 160 = 4pp and so on if you get 4.5 then round to 5 if you get 4.4 then round to 4 :) it doesnt always work out but 9 times out of 10 it does :D

OH and forget esource ;) i had it but got rid! it's ridiculous! .... ridiculously wrong! i found so many problems with it, i just now go by what is on the packet :) by law the NV's on packets HAVE to be correct therefore if you work out the NV's yourself then go by that :)

i just had a texco light sandwich,,yum yum,,i point everything by the nutritional pack. i dont even know where my pocket guide is as i found it so useless

I agree that if the pp's are on the packet then the esource should reflect that.
Although I thought I would point up some uncles ben's rice packets my dad had in his cuboard, they were about 2pp's or so going by the NI on the back for half a packet, but on esource they are 6pp! So im guessing you cant always go by the NI?

I agree that if the pp's are on the packet then the esource should reflect that.
Although I thought I would point up some uncles ben's rice packets my dad had in his cuboard, they were about 2pp's or so going by the NI on the back for half a packet, but on esource they are 6pp! So im guessing you cant always go by the NI?

yes you can ALWAYS go by the packet :) it depends with uncle benns which one you have but if you use your cal and do the values it states for half a pack then if it comes to 2pp then thats it :) the packet values can't lie, the companies who produce them HAVE to state the proper N.V's it's against the law not too

Hmm very interesting! It was just mushroom express rice or something similar, I wonder if esource has changed if I check it again, as this was quite a while ago.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hmm very interesting! It was just mushroom express rice or something similar, I wonder if esource has changed if I check it again, as this was quite a while ago.

info taken from tesco website;

Typical Values Typical values per portion (125g) -
Energy 848kJ -
kcal 200kcal -
Protein 4.3g -
Carbohydrate 39.4g -
of which sugars 0.6g -
Fat 2.9g -
of which saturates 0.4g -
Fibre 1.1g -
Sodium 0.39g / 390mg -
Salt 1.0g / 1000mg

that's the N.V's for half a pack of the rice you had, and all that in a cal = 5pp :) so esource was ALMOST right lol just 1pp out

i know some people were caught out with tikka rice thinking it was very low,,but when i checkedit out it turned out it was givin you the info for 65g of Cooked rice, not raw rice which is normally on packets

Smirky said:
info taken from tesco website;

Typical Values Typical values per portion (125g) -
Energy 848kJ -
kcal 200kcal -
Protein 4.3g -
Carbohydrate 39.4g -
of which sugars 0.6g -
Fat 2.9g -
of which saturates 0.4g -
Fibre 1.1g -
Sodium 0.39g / 390mg -
Salt 1.0g / 1000mg

that's the N.V's for half a pack of the rice you had, and all that in a cal = 5pp :) so esource was ALMOST right lol just 1pp out

I'm not sure which one it was for, but I didn't eat it, so I'm gonna go hunt through my dads cupboards and find them! Lol

Am glad it's not just me then. ;) I was just really shocked that the Tesco points were more accurate than the official WW ones!!

Do you think this may be because 0PP food has a NV so thry are pointing it ?

I have bought loads of tesco LT food this week because I just started new plan and am finding it hard to work out pp, def getting a calc next week!

Some of the stuff I bought has old points on - salad cream, beans, cup a soup etc, didn't realise til I got home!

Hoping the pp on the other stuff is right!!!

Back