It seems such a long way to go!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by fingersx, 5 September 2010 Social URL.

1. fingersx

fingersx Full Member

HI all I'm new to this forum, it looks a great place for chat and support.

I've been on SW for 5 wks now and lost 9.5lbs on EE. I was feeling good and positive until I saw a recent photo of myself and it reminded me how far I've still got to go (2 stone). Sometimes it feels like I will never get there. I know I will if I stick to it though - good luck to everyone with the same amount to loose, lets help each other out!! :p

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Hayleyberrybenj

Hayleyberrybenj Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st7lb
    Current Weight:
    15st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st7lb(18.92%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi there :) I know how you feel hun..I've been doing it for 3 and a bit weeks now,lost 12 lbs but still have over 3 stone to go to hit my first target and over 7 stone to hit my ultimate goal.I'm trying not to think about it tbh and keep breaking it down into smaller targets to keep me motivated!
    Good luck with your Weight loss xxx

4. cmcewn

cmcewn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    28st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    25st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9.5lb(9.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    :D You will soon get there if you keep at it. I know what you mean though. I still have 12 stones to lose to my target and so its going to take me a year at least. I take it one stone at a time. Try breaking it down into smaller goals that might help instead of focusing on the whole thing. Well done on what you have achieved so far.

5. emma-louise

emma-louise Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st1lb(19.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i agree with the girls, definitely break it down into smaller chunks! i still have another 3 stone to go but i find concentrating on losing half a stone at a time helps xx

6. chazzdiver

chazzdiver Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st3lb
    Current Weight:
    17st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(2.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world!
    Firstly i'd like to say Welcome to our weird little community hun. :D

secondly, if you ever need someone to boost your spirits then we're all here for you. my target on here is just to reach a healthy weight for my size, not my final weight. i figured i'd work out how much more to loss once i get closer. it makes me sad to think that i've got to lose all that before i can start to lose weight as a self-confident body loss as oppossed to a healthy loss. but we'll persevere together!

7. sarahm85

sarahm85 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st2.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4.5lb(18.57%)
    Diet:
    WW Online
    I think many people have felt the same way as you, regardless how much they need to lose. Just enjoy the plan and celebrate each loss as they come xxx

8. downsizingmycurves

downsizingmycurves Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st3.5lb
    Lost(%):
    3st3.5lb(18.24%)
    Diet:
    Currently Paul McKenna
    It can seem like a long way which is, I assume, why SW concentrate on half stone goals.

I've been at it 5 months and have lost 3.5 stone. Still 4 stone to go if I want to go all the way to a healthy BMI (not sure yet, will depend on how my boobs look - want to keep them fairly firm).

Welcome and good luck.

9. tinkerbellsmum

tinkerbellsmum Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    healthy eating
    you will get there hun i got to my 2.5 award within 6 months its the last bit i can't shift.
    like the others have said don't look at it as 2 stone look at it as your stone award then your stone and a half award then 2 stone also add in club 10 and under each stone mark and aim for it in chunks.
    I was unfortunate that my stone award was at 13.5 lb anything so when ever i went under the next stone I also got a award but aiming for under that next stone was more rewarding for me and aiming to be under a half. another way is set intrem targets at your sw club
    you will do it hun good luck

10. evethewitch

evethewitch Silver Member

it will be lost before u know it just enjoy yourself along the way:)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.