It's about time I signed up!

Manxy64

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I've been searching a lot in recent weeks for various advice on weight loss and recipes and this site always seems to come up at or near the top in results. I've got a lot of useful information here so I thought I really ought to sign up and join in :)

I went to a Slimming World group about 16/17 years ago after the birth of our second child and found it great for losing the two stone I wanted to shed. Fast forward to five years ago when I had a few personal challenges and the weight has just crept on since then, and now I find myself about six stone overweight and finally trying to do something about it. Unfortunately there is no local Slimming World group any more so on an impulse last month I signed up online and have been following the Extra Easy plan since then, along with my husband and son who had independently decided to lose a few pounds. I've lost half a stone and seem to be getting fewer headaches, and we're all enjoying the wide variety of food, so it's all good so far.

This site has already been great for recipe ideas and I can see that there is a lot of support and advice here, so here I am. I expect I'll be spending quite a bit of time in the Slimming World forum from now on, and look forward to getting to know some of you!

Back