Its been ages and i'm more miserable than i've ever been.

Modarella

So I haven't been on the site for a long time. I had tried Slimming World before but started a new job which involved shifts. Meaning I couldn't commit to a class every week.
I went away, counted calories on My Fitness Pal and lost a stone and a half before I got married on 25th July 13. But in the past 8 or so months I've been getting more and more down and obsessive about my weight, the guilt of eating is all day every day. I cant eat or drink without it being my No1 thought all day.
I've just threw a complete flakey about it all to a very shocked husband (who works in a gym and is very involved in nutrition, working out etc...) he's had his own issues to deal with of late and hadn't noticed i'd been struggling.
I've been off work for 4 weeks or so due to a cyst on my ankle and my job was extremely active. So ive not been burning calories at all really and my diet has suffered. Ive put on a stone in this time and that caused the complete and utter meltdown tonight.
Ive just completely lost all motivation and I've ended up back on here. I jst don't know what to do but I needed to vent a bit.
Just feel completely lost.

That sounds like a rotten place to be. The ankle thing is a real nuisance and there's nothing worse than wanting to be active and not being able to. I'm just getting over a stress fracture in my foot and it's been a real frustration. Is there anything you can do without hurting things - like swimming or a static bike maybe?

It does sound like you're really miserable and I genuinely empathise. I've certainly been there. I think my suggestion would be to get back to Slimming World. They accommodate shift workers and you are always welcome in different groups if you can't make your regular one, whether or not it's the same consultant. I find SW takes the guilt out of eating because the focus is so much on all the wonderful things you can have, rather than the things you can't.

You owe it to yourself to feel better about things, but you have to make a change to see a change. Grab this by the scruff of the neck and do something different!

Back