It's bugging me, I NEED to know....

Kingleds, I honestly would rather have a consistent 1-2lbs loss every week, than have a questionable big loss. I find if you can still lose weight tweaking the plan, the time WILL come when you will have to stick to the plan 100%...plus, if you do that, you're more likely to push the boundaries and end up yoyo-ing or falling off the wagon completely.

That 1-2lbs is equal to between 3st 10lbs and 7st 6lbs over a year. It all counts hun, and you're doing great.

Christiana said:
Kingleds, I honestly would rather have a consistent 1-2lbs loss every week, than have a questionable big loss. I find if you can still lose weight tweaking the plan, the time WILL come when you will have to stick to the plan 100%...plus, if you do that, you're more likely to push the boundaries and end up yoyo-ing or falling off the wagon completely.

That 1-2lbs is equal to between 3st 10lbs and 7st 6lbs over a year. It all counts hun, and you're doing great.

Thx! I've never been able to tweak successfuly (of course i tried :))

I agree, my losses are average 1 lb a week. Sometimes sts and then maybe a little more in a few weeks.
The bit that was bugging me is the people who have 'blow outs' and lose 5 lbs!!
As said though, everyone is different, and we don't know if those people ended up with their food catching up with them!

Keep calm and carry on ;-)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Madame. I found your post really interesting. My big losses seem to happen after a week of STS even if I've had a bad week. I think the arrears theory might be what's making my losses so erratic. I've had 2 good on plan weeks now so hopefully this will be the one I lose again!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Woodland girl said:
I agree, my losses are average 1 lb a week. Sometimes sts and then maybe a little more in a few weeks.
The bit that was bugging me is the people who have 'blow outs' and lose 5 lbs!!
As said though, everyone is different, and we don't know if those people ended up with their food catching up with them!

Keep calm and carry on ;-)

Interesting thread. I dont worry about it cos theres plenty of people who dont worry about their weight, have never had to, and they can smash back a whole dominos, massive bags of sweets, takeaways everynight and do not gain an ounce. Its easy to think its not fair when dieting but unfortunately thats the way of the world. Everyones bodies are different and have different metabolisms.

I think what everyone needs to remember is there is a vast difference between thin and healthy. You can be naturally thin, but have arteries loaded with fat because your diet is terribly poor, or you can be very large, but eat really healthily and exercise. No two bodies are ever going to be identical, even identical twins have their differences!

Lose at the rate that suits your body and dont put pressure on yourself to BE the fastest loser - this is not a competition, its a path to a healthy and happy life.

Am really confused now. It seems to be consensus that if u have a lot to losr u will lose quickly. I had nearly 6 st to lose when i started and have never had 'big' losses- just 1-2lbs a week if i am 100% on plan Am happy with this but am now concerned that i should be expecting more based on everyones comments here?

People expect quite a big loss in their first week, this is also due to getting rid of some water. But after that the average is 1 - 2 pounds a week. So if you are losing this then you are doing really well and should be very proud of yourself!!

The irony of all this panic, as that I lost 5.5 lbs this week!! I have done nothing different at all!!

kingleds said:
The irony of all this panic, as that I lost 5.5 lbs this week!! I have done nothing different at all!!

Wow! Well done! Had you done anything differently this week that you could share?

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

In that I was 100% on plan ,and thats not different to usual no!!

But I did 1 Red Day instead of all Extra Easy, and I also had Baked Cod instead of Salmon in a couple of my lunches. In fact, I was expecting a gain as even though I had been on plan, I ate LOADS & LOADS of food.

I also didn't eat as much chocolate. I used to have a Bourneville bar at least 3 times a week - I replaced these with Mikado sticks as you can have loads of them, and have been using more of my syns on stuff like oils etc.

I also had 2 takeaways - both synned and within my allowance.

and weirdly, I didn't do much exercise at all.

I'm putting it down to my body going into shock after 2 weeks of on/off plan over easter.

kingleds said:
In that I was 100% on plan ,and thats not different to usual no!!

But I did 1 Red Day instead of all Extra Easy, and I also had Baked Cod instead of Salmon in a couple of my lunches. In fact, I was expecting a gain as even though I had been on plan, I ate LOADS & LOADS of food.

I also didn't eat as much chocolate. I used to have a Bourneville bar at least 3 times a week - I replaced these with Mikado sticks as you can have loads of them, and have been using more of my syns on stuff like oils etc.

I also had 2 takeaways - both synned and within my allowance.

and weirdly, I didn't do much exercise at all.

I'm putting it down to my body going into shock after 2 weeks of on/off plan over easter.

I really get the point of your posts and heard the frustrations. I also have slow losses and at the end of the day we're human and it's natural to look to others to compare if they are having better results, it's life. If we were in sales and someone did better, it would be natural to think what are they doing that I'm not, same applies to weight loss x

Anyway well done for this week. That's an amazing loss. One quick question, do you usually do the same meals, snacks etc each week. I noticed you said you swapped bournville for milkados etc, I'm wondering if it's the variation as that may also explain my slow losses too.

Xx

Kankles said:
I really get the point of your posts and heard the frustrations. I also have slow losses and at the end of the day we're human and it's natural to look to others to compare if they are having better results, it's life. If we were in sales and someone did better, it would be natural to think what are they doing that I'm not, same applies to weight loss
I'm wondering if it's the variation as that may also explain my slow losses too.

Xx

I am in sales - and your right! I always want to find out what someones doing thats different to me if they are doing better.

I don't tend to eat the same things all the time, except my syns so changing these up probably helped - it takes me longer to eat 11 syns of Mikados than 11 of bourneville so i tend to eat less of them - leaving me more syns for proper food.

I really think it was the superfree & superspeed though. I had 2 weeks on/off plan (mostly off) before hand and had missed class & upped my Superfree to limit the damage of those 2 weeks.

kingleds said:
it takes me longer to eat 11 syns of Mikados than 11 of bourneville

This made me giggle because it takes me about 11 seconds to eat 11 mikados! Even considering stopping buying them as I end up wanting to eat the whole packet!!

I'm liking this post. The first time I did SW I was one of those people you are talking about, I would cheat and still lose weight. I think because my diet was bad before that as long as I stuck to SW most of the time it was still better than what I was eating before.

However this time around (bar the blip of the holidays!) I am doing the diet to the letter, my losses are steady but I feel better, once you have one bad thing it's hard to not have more I personally feel so I finder it easier not to have it in the first place!

I do find I lose more the weeks I eat more though so am trying to eat more syns. As someone said I think its metabolism and my body at the moment seems to need more syns to lose weight (all within plan though). Not sure whether thats because I'm exercising this time around or not.

Thoroughly enjoyed this thread - eating and still losing annoys me too!
My biggest ever weight loss was 4.5 lbs in my first week. When I had 5+ stone to lose and I was SO committed that I think my body lost it out of shock!
Oh - I did have one more 4.5 loss but that was when I was having a gallstone attack a day, not eating and getting taken to hospital to part company with said gall bladder!
Otherwise I'm a slow & steady 1lb a week and am thankful - I know I can maintain it in the future.

Go read some of the vlcd threads where people have big losses - and HUGE gains when they have a week or so back on normal food. Plus when they come off the vlcd and try to find something else they often gain weight and then find it difficult to even lose 1lb a week.

Be thankful everyone for the slow losses - you'll find it much easier to maintain a healthy weight in the future because hopefully you will have re-educated yourself to the healthy SW way of eating.

Last edited:
just wanted to say well done everyone! your weight losses are all amazing, it doesn't matter how slow or quick it comes off as long as it is.

Also, hear hear, to feeling healthier because we're eating well.

I think we're all fantastic! Keep up the good work xx

Just a thought, all those of you that are slow losers, if you are exercising you are probably building some lean muscle which in the long term is better as muscle helps burn calories.
I don't think 1 or 2 lbs a week is slow, its probably optimum and anyway slow and steady wins the race:D good luck to everyone on your continued weight loss.

Back