Its Day 1 again!

Angel1974

Loves Porridge
Good Morning All,

Well I'm focussed and ready after just having my 2 weetabix and 1/4 pint semi milk - After some serious thinking and reading over the weekend, I have decided it's time to get my butt into gear, (I also saw some pretty scarey photos of me taken only last weekend, my backside and thighs are huge!!)

Anyway here's hoping I keep on track, my problem (well one of them LOL) is I don't see the results and then can stay motivated. I'm hoping being on here will help, after reading many meassages and thanks for all the warm welcomes over the weekend.

I am also making an appointment to see my Dr this week to discuss my options of surgery - So I'll keep you all posted.

And I even went online and ordered Davina's exercise DVD, I used to be a gym junkie, but am far to embarrassed to hit the gym at the mo :sign0007:
Good luck to everyone have a great week, bye for now! :wavey:

hey Angel, you're about the same start weight as me.. I was a little bit more though (239) and am at the same weight as you now..ish (225).

You've done the right thing by starting back on WW - take a picture of yourself now, and take your measurements - wings, boobs, waist, hips and thighs - because then even after half a stone or a stone you will not be able to say "i cant see a difference" because if you take another picture and re-measure yourself, you will do. The differences are small each time but thats what losing weight is about - small steps that lead to your end goal :)

can i ask why you are looking into surgery as an option? x

Good luck hon. You're about the same start weight as I was as well - there are quite a few of us in the 15/16 stone bracket on here so you'll be in good company x

Hello Blackwidow,

Thanks for the advice I think the measuring would be a good idea and wil dig out the tape measure later.

The reason I am thinking about surgery is I have tried almost everything else, WW, SW, RC, SF, and several different types of pills from the Dr and I can't stick at anything as much as I try I soon fall off the waggon if I take my eye off the ball for even a second
I have such a huge appetite! - I am looking at the option of having a band fitted, as I think this will help my portion control, and I will see results in the early stages which I know will keep me motivated.

It's however only a thought at the moment the Dr may not even think it's necessary however I am at my heaviest ever I usually hover around the 180 mark still obese for my height but I ran a 10k at that weight! But I want to be within a healthy weight range and BMI!

Sorry for waffling on, but your question has made me do some more thinking and maybe even some soul searching!

So do you attend classes? and well done for the weight loss so far
Which plan are you doing? How you finding it?

Thanks you have made me smile, I was at the stage of feeling like I was on my own, over the last 12 months my weight has just crept on, and I have been in denial for months. But the photos made me so shocked, I know it's time to do something.

I can't afford to attend classes and I also work on the road as an NVQ assessor so can't commit to one particular class, and I didn't fancy the option of just turning up to any.

So how you finding things?

The doc may not feel that surgery is the best option for you at your weight but may prescribe classes for you (you can get 12 classes paid for) if your Health Authority allows it.

If you did decide to opt for surgery, might be worth looking into the balloon rather than the band - it takes 20 minutes or so so put it in and there is no invasive surgery required. Just google gastric balloon.

Still think WW is worth a shot though - look how well we're all doing on here xx

Ah, cross-posted so didn't see you can't easily get to classes. Lots of us on here don't go to classes and get our support, weigh-in etc on here and it works for us. Do you have a bud you could weigh in with?

Hello thanks for your post will have a look at the balloon option. I do have a buddy my fella is trying to loose weight and I finally coached (or bullied) him into facing the scales so our weigh in is going to be on sunday mornings. He will eat whatever I put in front of him, but will at times say sod it one won't hurt! he says you deserve a treat etc, so I have had a chat with him and said we need to be focussed we are going to America in Oct 2009 and I want to fit in the plane seat, not like this year where I have marks on my thight from the arms of the chair after only a 4 hour flight.

I am also hoping to get a tattoo in Miami and need to look tip top for Ami (the tattooist from Miami Ink) LOL

It's great I feel more positive and confident each time I receive a post or send one, maybe I will be addicted to minimins instead of food! LOL

I know I'm addicted to minimins and it's helped me :)

Well you have a goal to look forward to and a good one which is fab - you can lose loads in 11 months! Your oh does need to help you though; mine is just the same, oh let's just have some crisps, oh let's just have some cheese on toast. Grr!

Fingers crossed for you x

Back