It's gonna be a difficult night

Nicki xWx

Well, it's Friday night, my takeaway night, normally at 8.30 I order my mega feast so it's delivered in time for my fave programme. I am so tempted to phone them and order my usual feast, I'm doing everything I can not to but I so want it. This is the first time I've struggled. I've asked my hubby to hide all the phones so I can't order it. How do u overcome nasty habits like these?

You think how badly you want to lose weight. Do you want that take away more than you want to lose weight? Form new habits, make you and your hubby a nice meal on a Friday instead, treat yourself to a new lipstick, paint your nails, whatever it takes. It won't take long if you persevere, for new habits to take the place of old. Good luck!

i try to order better things off the menu or make things myself before he orders so i have a 'homemade' takeaway

or what i have started to do is eat something nice and filling before he orders so i either don't get anything because i have already eatten or only have a couple of mouthfuls just for the taste :p

I agree with kitty...you've just got to replace it with another friday night habit!

Did you resist??

I agree too....I always make sure that I've got something in that feels like a bit of a 'treat' at the weekend - nothing naughty, just something that I wouldn't normally be bothered to cook or prepare during the week.

Last night I had lamb shank with a red wine and rosemary gravy with mediterranean vegetables, potato wedges and steamed brocolli, cauli, and leeks.
It was lovely - not quite within the xenical rules, but I'd made sure that I had enough calories for it, so I didn't feel guilty in the slightest, but I still felt that I was indulging myself with something really tasty.

Old habits are very hard to break though - I still find myself craving pizza every now and then, but I have to have a stern talking to myself about how it may be half an hour's pleasure, but is it really worth the consequences, and the answer is usually no (at the moment!).

Hi girls thanks for the advice and yes I did resist!! I stayed up till midnight thinking about it, made myself physically sick just thinking bout it coz I got so hungry, but I got there in the end

Thankyou, I'm so ashamed to admit I have a real obsession with food, getting the shakes coz I just have to have it, it's terrible. And yet here we are again on a Friday, I just hope I can resist again tonight. Xx

Thanku girls I had a weightwatchers meal and bulked it up with veg on the side so I'm really full. It's 9pm and starting to crave the weekend kebab, but I've got a weightwatchers cheesecake at hand in case it gets too bad. Again, hubby has hidden the phones and money so the temptation is out of sight. Does anyone think this food obsession is serious???

Back