It's Good To Be Back

LizDesigns

Silver Member
Hi lovely people.
It's been a very long time since I last visited this fab site but it's good to see the fantastic support hasn't changed.
I don't know if there will be anybody around that remembers me but for those of you who don't, here's a quick run down of my story.
My name's Liz and i'm a 29 yrs old Mummy of 1. I started my CD journey on the 7th of April 2008 and finished it around Oct/Nov 2008 after losing 6.5 stone.
It dramatically changed my life and was definately one of the best things I have ever done.
Well a year on and I am still managing to maintain and 4 weeks today i'm going on my first hot holiday abroad since losing my weight. Although i'm not ready for a bikini just yet, I am going to be wearing shorts, which for me is a huge step!!!
The reason I am posting this rather long thread, is that when I was on my journey I loved reading other people's success stories and it really helped spur me on.
If this just helps one person then i've done my job.
Yes, it's hard work, yes I wanted to pack it in on so many occassions, yes my hair fell out (but it grew back), yes I have saggy bits (but it's so much better than having fat bits) and yes you are able to go back to eating normally and not pile it all back on.
For all of you starting out or are on your journey, the best of luck. If I can do it, all of you can too.
I've attached some pics to give you an idea of before and after and if you have any questions etc please drop me a line. X

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    494.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 154.jpg
    154.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 68
Liz you look fantastic. Thank you for your success story and being honest about your experience (good and bad).
Today is my Day 1 and I am grateful for the inspiration. Have a fantastic holiday x

You know I remember you! Welcome back and Congratulations on maintaining your goal weight! I am so proud of you!!!

xxxxxx

Hi, Welcome Back. I was on CD last year and remember you well.

I am now doing SW but just wanted to say hi !! xx
Hi Flirty, I remember you too. It's great to see some of the old crowd around still. Good luck with SW. X

Liz you look fantastic. Thank you for your success story and being honest about your experience (good and bad).
Today is my Day 1 and I am grateful for the inspiration. Have a fantastic holiday x
Thank you. Good Luck on your own journey, just keep your goal at the forefront of your mind. x

You know I remember you! Welcome back and Congratulations on maintaining your goal weight! I am so proud of you!!!

xxxxxx
Thanks hun.
And by the way when I said you're doing well. I meant to say you are looking fantastic, what a huge difference and you will succeed this time. x

Thanks hun, and I know I will! No way I am being a fat bridesmaid :D xxx

Wow - thanks for that!!! May I print it and keep it to help me remember what you've said???
Of course you can. I'm flattered, after rereading it just sounds like the ramblings of a mad woman. ;)

Wow, what brilliant pics - you're like a completely different person! You look fab :) Well done for losing so much and for maintaining it for so long - you're definitely an inspiration! x

your pictures are inspirational!! very cool. you look beautiful! well done. :) x

Thank you all of you lovely, lovely people. You've made me feel all warm inside. :gen126:

I certainly wouldn't have been able to do it without the support of this fantastic forum and words of wisdom I found here, in times of need.

The best of luck to all of you, this really is the best diet in the world.

Spooky, lovely to see you. Is there a new addition to the family just yet?

Back