It's Harder than I thought...

lighterlifeclaire

Silver Member
OK, So last night was my 6th weigh in (end of my 5th week I think) and my total loss is now... *wait for it* ONE POUND :eek:

I know its not because the diet doesn't work, because people in the group have lost weight. It is simply because I am not sticking to my points. I track everything from Tuesday (my weigh in is on Monday night) until around Thursday/Friday and then it all goes to pot and I guess everything.

Last week I was so bad I ate a takeaway 3 days in a row... (and it wasn't a wisely picked takeaway either)

I am also finding that if I have a chocolate or something similar on one evening, I do not track it - because I only really use my tracker at work.

Does anyone else have the same problem? I know I can lose weight because I lost lots 2 years ago on lighterlife (and have since re-gained it all) This just seems so much more difficult.

I am determined to suceed, I signed up to Monthly pass lastnight as I was considering giving it up, and I am also joining a gym tomorrow to attend regular Aqua classes to try and boost my weight loss... I think I need a buddy :cry:

Any help will be appreciated :eek: xx

Keep going Claire, it will work but you have to give it 100%.

You have done lighterlife in the past so weight watchers should be a doddle! Just keep remember ing to track your points and remember how hard lighterlife was and you managed that and you don't want to have to do anything so drastic again!

Like me!! On week 4 of lighterlife and having a constant battle with myself not to eat, really struggling and wishing i had stuck to weight watchers last year so i wouldn't have to be doing this now!

Good luck x x

hey there, sorry your finding it so hard. ive tried to succeed 3 times this year on ww and i manage normally 1 month where il loose about 7lbs then it goes to pot so your not the only one who finds it difficult at times. im now on week 5 of my restart and so far so good (fingers crossed). i think maybe rather than exclusively tracking what your eating online either get your self a small notebook and write it dwn when your eating it or log them into your points calculator if you have one. i know myself that i have be 100% mentally ready when i do ww or i cant even get through 1 day of it lol maybe just try focusing on one day at a time, try to stick to your points on that day and then before you know it you've been 100% all week and have lost at your wi. dont beat yourself up about the few weeks that havent quite gone your way, just start again, maybe change your wi day so it suits you more. i used to like wi on a friday so that if the weekend brought temptations that i couldnt resist i then had the week to do damage control.
goodluck and keep us posted on your progress x

Sorry you are finding the diet difficult at the moment, but you can do it and you will do it. I am only on week 1 so at the moment I am still feeling motivated. I have tried so so many diets in the past. WW seems to be more about sensible eating with a few treats along the way. I think the answer is to be honest with yourself and write everything down as soon as it has passed your lips. I find when I only have about 5 points left I start thinking about eating fruit or WW yogurt as everything only has 1/2 point value and it takes quite a while to eat 10 things. If I really want something sweet I have an options drinking chocolate. Remember a moment on the lips a lifetime on the hips. Hang on in there you can do it.

Hi

Losing weight isn't easy.
If it was,we wouldn't all be here now.
There are ups & downs along the way and some weeks will be disapointing, but the only way to get results are to make a commitment, make changes and sacrifices & introduce a way of eating than can be worked around everyday life/social occasions whilst combining with a healthy balance. WW does work as do all eating plans but you have to be prepared to stick out the course & track every single day. Some days will be easier than others, some days will be horrendous & way over points but the important thing is to realise how to bring it back/ make allowances & focus.

Writing everything down is a big help - looking up the points of things before eating them & planning all help.

I wish you every success on your journey & although it made be really difficult sometimes & the path may falter - we all have the same end in mind & will all be here to support each other xx

Stick with it Claire you can & will do this
Get your ll books out again & use the things you learnt while you were doing that into your ww journey I have found them very usefull even with ww
Reset your goals
If you go over your points one day all is not lost you can still save some on the following days
This is a slower journey but we will get there
& make a big batch of 0 point soup
Join the October Challenge

RecoveringChocoholic... how do i join the october challenge?? I need a small goal to set then i'll be on my way!

Yesterday I had a brilliant day... im allowed 32 points per day and I had 28 (saved 4 "just incase")... im feeling much much better and today is going to be a good day too!

I'm just about to have special K with semi milk and then at 10.30 im off to aqua aerobics... I need to keep myself busy today because ive got a day off work and those are mainly the days when i just sit around and eat.

I signed up to monthly pass so im now using esource too which seems really good, I tracked everything that passed my lips yesterday so hopefully this week I will get a loss if I stick to it!!!

Thanks for all ur replies this website is brilliant :D xx

Hi hon

This diet is hard at the beginning, but it does get easier - promise. I mainly track at work too, but I do have a laptop at home (well I did but that's another story!) to keep a check at the weekends.

Best advice I can give you is to plan more - I know it can be a pain to try and think about what you'll be eating on Sunday Night on Friday, but until you get into the swing of WW it's a good idea. When I first started I used to plan the whole week ahead, then I didn't have to think about what to have, which would usually result in the chippy or some other takeaway. and save some points during the week so if you do go over at the weekend it won't be so bad :)

Good luck!!!

Twigs
xx

Back