Its Make or Break Time

Surfhunny

Laugh in the face of food
I thought I'd come and post in this section because I need the motivation desperately!!! I've done CD countless times with varying success. This time is make or break, if I can't do it this time round it's game over, I'll have to go back to the painfully slow losses I have on SW.

I've recently booked my 2012 holiday, to floridly next September so I NEED to be at target by then. This is a double edged sword because it's 14 months away it's means I have plenty of time to get there BUT it also means I have no sense of urgency!!!

I've got 3 and a half to 4 stone to lose depending on how I feel when I get closer to target. I intend to do it doing SS. Whenever I do SS+ I end up slipping up so it's all or nothing for me I'm afraid.

I've made myself a chart to tick off each SS day, it's stuck on my bedroom door so I have no choice but to see it all the time. But as of yet I've not managed to tick off a single day. I want tomorrow to be the day I managed to be 100%

I so need to get this weight off, I'm feeling very fat and unhealthy :(

Hey Surfhunny...
Im exactly the same as you, booked a holiday to Thailand in Feb 2012, and Im going with another couple (the girl is mega skinny) so that is my motivation! I have about 3 and a half stone to ideally lose and want it gone by December.
This is my 3rd time on the Cambridge diet, and its now or never. I am just getting bigger and bigger and need to put a stop to it.
Im on day 6 of week 1 and its not going too badly... if you want a motivation buddy, I'd be happy to help :)
Its hard but we can do this!!

xx

Thank you Sabrina, it'll really help to have a partner in crime lol. So far so good today, only a couple of hours left :) I had a shake for breakfast and that seemed to fill me up more than the bars do so I'll stick with this for now. Hope your day has been good!

Pleased your day went well.
When do you get weighed?
My first weigh in is tonight, so I will let you know how I get on! Really hope Im not disappointed :(
x

you can do it, both great holidays to look forward to but you could both get to your goals well before then and enjoy some slim time before hand! I have a massive way to go, taking mine 8 weeks at a time, 8 weeks before my hol, 8 weeks before a big family party and then 8 weeks before Christmas.
Only on week 2 but feeling motivated and well, you know after a week or so on SS you get that good feeling and i've got! just hope it lasts

Thank you Lou. Day 2 is behind me now, I'm dealing much better about all this after managing to finally make it through day 1 yesterday!!

I'm not getting weighed for now, I'm using up my old stock of CD and exante before I have to go back to see my CDC. I'm easily swayed by the numbers on the scales, if it's higher than I think I get complacent and let naughties creep in and if it's not as good as I expect I sulk and let naughties creep in too, by not weighing I can't trip myself up. I'm going to base my losses on 1stone a month and maybe weigh at halfway, day 40.

Hi everyone

I am back for the second "official" time although I have tried on numerous occassions to do it on my own and never get passed day 1!

I am on day 6 and going well...

It's now or never for me too! So pleased minimins has an iPod app... I'll never be off here now!

Sara xxx

I took some full length underwear photos about 3 weeks ago when I first started doing 30 Day Shred. I repeated them last night to mark the start of my 80 Day Fat Blasting mission. I actually got a surprise when I compared the 2 pics. I haven't dieted during this 3 weeks really and my belly is slightly bigger, but my legs are much more shapely now than 3 weeks ago!! I can't believe it, I've done 30 Day Shred probably 18 times and Zumba twice between the two lots of photos, so something is working.I'm going to take photos every 20 days and I'm looking forward to my day 20 photos now.

I didn't do proper full body before and after photos last time and really struggled to get my head round how much weight I'd lost, my body shape more or less stayed the same just got smaller. So I'm hoping that this will help to cement things in my mind and stop me from gaining weight again because I didnt believe I was slim.

Hi Ladies,
I went and got weighed last night and I lost... 7lb YAYYY :)
Hope everyone else's week is going well
xxx

Have a look at dual dynamics on you tube, I find him motivating. I'm a week in a feel positive, plan on doing SS til hit goal weight hopefully in 8 weeks time.

Thank you Lou. Day 2 is behind me now, I'm dealing much better about all this after managing to finally make it through day 1 yesterday!!

I'm not getting weighed for now, I'm using up my old stock of CD and exante before I have to go back to see my CDC. I'm easily swayed by the numbers on the scales, if it's higher than I think I get complacent and let naughties creep in and if it's not as good as I expect I sulk and let naughties creep in too, by not weighing I can't trip myself up. I'm going to base my losses on 1stone a month and maybe weigh at halfway, day 40.
That's exactly what happens with me and the scales and from reading these boards a lot of people have that problem too but sometimes don't admit it or don't realize it. Once I admitted to myself that I was using the scales to 'cheat' when the loses were down and get disappointed and 'cheat' when the weight went up a pound, it became easier to stay on track from week to week. I usually only weigh on weigh in days. I weighed yesterday because my family is visiting from Milwaukee, Wisconson and I have decided to have one meal per day with them. I have chosen to do small Atkins type meals, meat, eggs, cheese and veggies. I will weigh at the end of their visit to see how that worked for my weight loss as I have decided to cut carbs out of my diet. Still trying to figure out how to work that. I now realize I don't have to have carbs every meal and I have felt satisfied with out them these last 3 days.
Hang in there surfie, one day at a time.

Some people keep diet diaries on youtube. There are CD ones and Atkins ones and Lighter Life ones and Lipotrim ones.. and tons of others!

They are very interesting and honest x

I actually spent a lot of time on Sunday watching people's YouTube diaries, some were very motivating but others only did a couple then disappeared which is a shame. Dual Dynamics is fab though, wish he was my CDC. He's so enthusiastic and motivating!! I've subscribed to his blog on YouTube!!

Honestly I think Lawrence dual dynamics is excellent I to wish he was my CDC, but whenever I feel a wobble I watch a blog and it makes me remember why I'm on this journey - not forever for 8 weeks lol

Back