I've been and gone and done it :o))

JanD

maintaining since June'09
Yes - despite what I've said in the past about it not being natural not to eat and how talking about 'refeeding' when you've lost the weight you want to lose sounds like something to do with animals ... I have been and gone and signed up for Lipotrim.

.... I have allowed myself to be seduced by the fabulous weight losses I've seen on their forum ....

I was struggling and as I've said before it didn't feel like a blip it felt like the slippery slope (yet) again. I began to think that I need the strictness of NOT having any choices, of NOT being able to add things or change things around.

I've been going to SW for 4 years. I had lost 3st 9.5lbs 2 years ago but have now yo-yo-ed my way back with SW and DC to it being only 2st .... I can't go on like that!! :eek:

So I've signed up and started today. I will keep a diary on the Lipotrim forum but I hope I can still keep up with all of you here. I fully intend to go back onto Dietchef when I've done the refeeding (!) and maintenance programmes with Lipotrim to ensure I don't just stop and go mad which will defeat the whole object of course. I have more than 2 weeks DC supplies in readiness!!

I hope I'll still be welcome here and you won't judge me TOO harshly :wave_cry:

xxx

Now now, no one is going to treat you harshly. The likes of Lipotrim are just as valid as the likes of Diet Chef - the gallery of successes proves that. Each to their own.

I'd like to post in your diary over on the Lipotrim forum even though I don't do Lipotrim - have done it before and did Cambridge and if it was not for the collitis I'd have carried on with it.

You will no doubt feel rough for the first few days but be assured it will pass. I admit I reduced cals and carbs slowly over a week before starting the second time round and it still felt rough so best to dive in imho. Take life easy and remember, that first week loss can be spectacular :D It's so worth it.

*hugs*
Caroline

Thank you Caroline!! I'm really glad you'll want to carry on posting with me :):)

I'm prepared for feeling rough and hope to find lots of distractions! I got a shock when I got weighed in the pharmacy but I know it's very temporary and is more than likely due to the 'last supper' and botle of wine last night ;)

I'm going to make myself a huge wallchart to mark off the days. I'm aiming for 3 months - for now at least. When you look back how quickly has the time gone since the middle of November - it's flown - although I realise doing this may make it seeeeeeeem a lot longer ;)

It's a shame these plans didn't suit you if you got on so well with them - sorry about that!

Fingers crossed I can stay the course..... watch this space! xxx

It can become addictive - seeing those good results every week. I'm sure you'll do great. Think you are right about aiming for short periods. There's something comforting about having a set deadline, if you know what I mean.

Thanks Jess.

I actually think every diet does work - it's whether you can stick to it that determines whether it can work for you - particularly in the long-term. Anyone can do anything in the short-term. And I think that's one of the reasons I'm finding Lipotrim so tempting, the timescale you expect to be on it.

I know I'll have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life but right now I need a quick fix or I know I'm going to lose the plot BIG style!

You keep up the good work, you're doing soooo well!!! xx

OMG - I have been gone for 2 days and it is all change for you Jan !! I am sure you will do fantastically on Lipotrim - I don't know much about it - Is it a diet you buy on line ? Or a club - like SW/WW ? Will google it later and find out - Please keep us posted as I am very interested in how you get on!!
Despite my valentines blip and lunch out today - I am hoping for a loss tomorrow - snuck on scales this am and it was not as bad as potentially it could have been !!

Thanks Jess.

I actually think every diet does work - it's whether you can stick to it that determines whether it can work for you - particularly in the long-term. Anyone can do anything in the short-term. And I think that's one of the reasons I'm finding Lipotrim so tempting, the timescale you expect to be on it.

I know I'll have to watch what I eat for the rest of my life but right now I need a quick fix or I know I'm going to lose the plot BIG style!

You keep up the good work, you're doing soooo well!!! xx

You will always be welcome here luv, good luck

I know how you are feeling and wanting to stop the slippery slope of things, I had a complete blow out yesterday and today feel real bad and want to shift the weight quickly as possible, so you go girl looking forward to your weight losses :D

I can't quite believe it !
But..... I have just weighed in for the week and I am down by 5 lbs !! Perhaps I should go out more often !!
Feeling very happy with this !!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Will be starting my 2nd 5 week hamper today !!

:wee::party0019::party0049::party0049::greenapple::greenapple::woohoo::banana dancer:

Flippin' 'eck Laura!!!! Fantastic!!!! Well Done you - you must be feeling great!!! I'm full of admiration!!!

Thanks for all your kind comments and support folks - I really appreciate it. xxxx

Jan
How many days so far on the Lipotrim and what's it like ?? I take my hat off to you and look forward to hearing how it's going !!
Perhaps you could start a guest thread on this DC forum!! lol xxxx

Hi Laura - have replied to your visitor message!! I'll still be here!! I'm not going to shout about my results on this bit of the forum obviously (even if they're worth shouting about ...??**bites nails**) - but they will be in my signature ......

Down wanna b a gest wanna stay fwends!!! :(

Fwends Fowever *hugs*

Diet doesn't matter - we are all in the same boat trying to find the island of slim.

Am I the only person who dislikes the word "thin"?

**hugs back** :):)

Never really though about it but now you mention it I suppose 'thin' does sort of conjour up bones sticking out sharp, pointy features, cattyness and very large teeth (?) whereas 'slim' is elegant, smooth, genuine, kind and generous ....... how crazy is that????

A bit like 'plump' always feeling like an really condescending insult!

*cough* Posh Spice *cough*

Plump is nearly as bad as "You have such a pretty face"!!!

I have a pretty backside too as I'm making a beeline for the door hehe!

:8855::8855::8855:
The 'pretty face' comment always has such a loud 'shame about.....' in it, it might as well be said!!

You do make me laugh :8855::8855:

I keep trying to give you another rep by the way but it won't let me!! :confused:

Back