I've Cheated!!!

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
Well guys, temptation has finally had its wicked way with me and I am so ashamed to admit - I have cheated:cry::cry:. When I was at my mams today my dad came in, I haven't seen him for nearly 3 weeks and he was shocked I had lost so much weight:confused:. He said I should stop now and start eating and he was concerned for me. Anyway, this led me to eat when he went out:cry:. I had one slice of toast with a slice of ham on it and some cheese. Can anyone tell me how much damage I've done. I know I've probably knocked myself out of ketosis eating the carbs but have I done really bad? Do you think I will still lose this week? Any advice would be appreciated as I am genuinelly gutted and regret it big time and I am worrying myself to death in case I've spoilt everything x:wave_cry:

Hi Mia!

One slice of bread is prob around 18-20g carbs so not a huge amount... the ham and cheese have little if any carbs.... drink loads of water and as long as you stop now and not eat anymore I wouldn't imagine you have done any long term damage and you should still loose.....

I know your dad was probably just concerned but this is a nutritionally balanced way of loosing weight... did you explain this to him? Parents just worry about us no matter how old we get.....

Get glugging the water hun.......

Hiya Mich

Yeah, I've explained it to him, I even got him a form for his Doctor to complete coz he wanted to do it. Doc said he can't though. Anyway, he understands - he just thinks I look good and should not overstep the mark and go overboard. He said "talking as a man and not a dad, you look great" which is nice. Of course, I then though, "Ah well, I can afford to eat now" - NOT. Deeply regret it so hope I have not done too much damage. Thanks for your quick reply - you must be as sad as me eh???? Saturday night and we are tapping away at our diet site - what does that say about us lol xx

Don't know about damage done or anything, but just wanted to say don't beat yourself up about it. It's done and dusted now, i'm sure if your good the rest of the week you will still lose :)

Hiya Mich

Yeah, I've explained it to him, I even got him a form for his Doctor to complete coz he wanted to do it. Doc said he can't though. Anyway, he understands - he just thinks I look good and should not overstep the mark and go overboard. He said "talking as a man and not a dad, you look great" which is nice. Of course, I then though, "Ah well, I can afford to eat now" - NOT. Deeply regret it so hope I have not done too much damage. Thanks for your quick reply - you must be as sad as me eh???? Saturday night and we are tapping away at our diet site - what does that say about us lol xx

LOL..... mine is more to the fact that I've 3 small kids so don't get out much on a weekend..... that's why I love the meet up's and cram so much 'good times' into a short space of time....!:D

You and only you can decide when enough is enough.... although I will say this.... I am a lapsed CD'er.... I started LL at the end of 2005 and changed to CD after my 100days - in total I lost 6 stone up to last August.... felt amazing.... looked pretty good too.... lowest weight since I could remember.... got complaicent (sp?)..... went back to old eating habits and due to job loss and being bit down and depressed over the winter have managed to pile 4 stone back on....:eek: It is so, so hard to get back on track once you've had a 'major blip' like mine.... so stick at it hun, follow the re-feed properly and you will like alot of the others be successful....:D

Thanks Mich

I will try to stick in again and not be tempted. I have done really well but I am beginning to think that I will pile all this back on on my holidays. About a month before I go I am gonna come on the site and ask what to do. The thing is - i go on one holiday then come back for a week and then go on another, so i dont want to put it on on the first one so i'm fat for the second one - am I making sense here lol I know what I mean x

Hey Mia, just popped on for a flying visit when I saw your post. Don't worry lovey, its only a little bit of food its not a huge deal. Put it behind you now and carry on as you were before. Everyone has their moments. I will list what I've eaten both today and yesterday if it makes you feel any better, and I know for a fact it will ;) I've eaten like a pigcow! Starting SS again tomorrow. So you're not alone hun xxx

just treat it as a mini blip - it could have been much much worse. I think you did well stopping at the bread, cheese and ham!

I think that parents always worry and this diet can be frightening for people that don't know much about it. My mum is quite concerned about me and i know that she would rather i was at weight watchers or something similar. However, I just try to tell her as much about the diet facts as i can and i think she is gradually coming round!

Hang in there
xxx

Back