Ive done it before I can do it again!!

Hazie83

Hi everyone!

Im Hayley, just turned 30 (eeek) & started sw on ee 4 weeks ago. Ive lost 6 lbs so far :)

I thought Id start this diary to try & keep me focused & remind myself as the title says that Ive done it before so I can do it again!

7 years ago I started calorie counting & managed to lose 4 and a half stone over about a year, & managed to keep most of it off until a couple of years ago when I had bad depression & its piled back on since. I tried to do calorie counting again but couldnt stick with it, so when my friend suggested doing sw together I thought Id give it a go (after a bit of panicking as Im a useless cook and very lazy!).

I wanted to put my old before and after pics on here but I havent worked out how to do it yet, once Ive got it sussed I'll add them on! x

Last edited:
Had a walk to asda & aldi earlier for supplies - its 15 mins there & the same back & I got 3 heavyish bags of shopping so shouldve burnt a few calories :)

My friend who is doing sw with me has suggested going for walks around the local park on an evening, hopefully twice a week. She has problems getting to the gym as she works full time & has a little one, so we figured she can bring her daughter on her bike. We're starting tomorrow so just hope it isnt raining!

Ive been going to the gym on and off for a while now, Im currently going once or twice a week. Eventually Id like to go more but for now Im trying to increase the amount of time there - at the moment I do 15 mins on the cross trainer, 15 on the bike, 5 on the rower & 10 walking on the treadmill to cool down. I used to be able to do longer on each machine so am building myself back up to that.

With the increased exercise I decided to measure myself this morning - just incase I dont lose weight but lose inches.

Sorry if this is boring or seems pointless to anyone but I just think itll help me to get it all written down & look back on it when needed x

Congratulations on the loss so far! :) I'm finding that writing it all down is really helping me to keep on track, whether anyone reads it or not, so hope it works equally well for you!! Sounds like you're doing well at the gym too, keep it up xx

Thanks for your post :)

Well Ive just been to WI & lost 2 lb this week so am really pleased :) plus got my first certificate - my half stone award yey :)

I drank a lot at the weekend & had a cheeky mcdonalds so wasnt expecting a loss so its a nice surprise.

Have only been to the gym once this week & didnt do as much as usual as have been having headaches & feeling really tired the last few days. I think it might be caffeine withdrawal as Ive switched from normal tea to peppermint tea (to help with my digestion) at the weekend so fingers crossed it wont last long.

I went for the walk on monday with my friend although I felt ill - she jogged for a bit but I couldnt face it so am going to give it a go tomorrow. Watch this space lol x

Didnt end up going to the park yesterday as it was raining but went to the gym this morning and did a really good workout! Did week 1 day 1 of the couch 2 5k challenge (approx 25 mins walking & running at intervals) which was hard but I felt great afterwards. Also did 10 mins on the bike & 3 on the rower.

Will have a rest day tomorrow and do it again on monday. Am looking forward to running outside & being able to go a goid distance - it feels like a big achievement for me x

Here are my before and after pics as promised. The one on the left was at my biggest in 2006 & the top right was summer 2007 at my slimmest. Bottom right was 2010 so I had put a bit of weight on by then but not much.

Not sure if Ive done it right hope you can see the pic lol x

Attachments

• pic_to_send.jpg
    pic_to_send.jpg
    499.6 KB · Views: 98
Here are my before and after pics as promised. The one on the left was at my biggest in 2006 & the top right was summer 2007 at my slimmest. Bottom right was 2010 so I had put a bit of weight on by then but not much.

Not sure if Ive done it right hope you can see the pic lol x

Wow I would never recognise you from the before picture to the after one! You look a million dollars! x

Lost 3lb at weigh in last night & got slimmer of the week, yey :) now lost 11lb in 6 weeks so not bad going! Just realised Im only 3lb away from a stone so gonna try & get that next week.

Havent done any more of the couch 2 5k since last sat so am off to the gym tomorrow to try again. Have done some exercise (did the 30 day shred one day & also went for a 2 mile walk) but really want to get into running.

I wanted to get some scan bran at group as I tried the curly wurly cake last weekend & it was lush, but forgot to take my purse to the meeting :-( so will have a trip to holland & barrett over the weekend - want to try the syn free coffee cake! x

Well done on the loss so far, 3lb last night is great, and an extra well done for being Slimmer of the Week! Big pat on the back! :) Fab pics by the way!

Good luck for next week. x

wow well done on the loss so far must be so exciting to almost hit the stone mark! i'm signing up to slimming world on monday and finding all these posts very inspiring! love the idea of going for walks in the park especially now the weather is getting nicer. must remeber to ditch my car keys every now and then! xx :character00182:

Thanks for the posts both of you & good luck on your journeys :)

Well I did week 1 day 2 of the couch 2 5k yesterday, it went ok but my ankles were hurting a bit so I think I need to watch how my feet are positioned when Im running. Really dont want to get injured! Gonna go for a nice walk later today as Ive found a few public footpaths near where I live which I want to explore, plus its a nice day so far so a tan would be a bonus! Then Ill do day 3 of couch 2 5k outside tomorrow as the gyms closed, hopefully the weather will stay nice.

I got some scan bran yesterday & made the coffee cake but had to throw it in the bin as it was disgusting! Am glad I tried it as its all experience but I think Ill stick to using it for chocolate cake from now on x

Did week 1 day 3 of the couch 2 5k today - found it really hard but managed to finish it. Am going to do week 1 again as Im really struggling with it.

Just had this for my pudding & it was amazing! Scan bran curly wurly cakes with melted choc phili on top, was 8.5 syns but so worth it!

ForumRunner_20130506_202927.png

Did week 1 day 3 of the couch 2 5k today - found it really hard but managed to finish it. Am going to do week 1 again as Im really struggling with it.

Just had this for my pudding & it was amazing! Scan bran curly wurly cakes with melted choc phili on top, was 8.5 syns but so worth it!

View attachment 89661

Mmmm I am literally drooling, they look lush!!!!! Did you melt the philly in the tub it comes in?? x

Yeah just took off the lid & popped it in the microwave for a few seconds :) x

I'm totally doing that tomorrow if I have a few syns left over!! :D x

Lost 1lb at wi - was hoping for more but havent done too bad considering the amount I drank last weekend! Plus Ive used all 15 syns the last few days whereas other weeks Ive had less before wi if I had a weekend off plan. Its taught me that I need to either spread the syns out over the week or have more some days & less on others.

So the plan this week is to drink less, have my syns spread out over the week & carry on with my running. Fingers crossed Ill lose the 2lb I need to get my stone award next week :) x

Well done on your 1lb loss and good luck for this week coming, you're on the right track for that stone award! :) xx

Back