I've failed :(

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
So today, just when im begining to think maybe my whole foot is in the maintainence pool, my big toe jumps back out!

I just scoffed 3 squares of cadburys & 5 jaffa cakes!!!! :cry:

Im not even hungry and my craving was for dark chocolate but the shop i went to didnt have any so i came home and ate that instead :sigh: Im such a stupid moo. Now all i want to do is eat more!

And to top it - im going away tomorrow for the weekend and i know my weekend will be bad. Going out tomorrow night on the town then sunday a mexican restaurant. Saturday i will be having wine and sunday i will be having crisps and chocolate - its planned - im ok with having this bad weekend but now that i've failed today im doubting whether i really can get straight back on it tuesday like ive done the past two weeks.

Why cant i just get one thing right for a change hey?!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: Any of yous got any answers?!!! :(

I think aswell im feeling so down is cuz iv only had 3 and a half hours sleep, done a 10 hour shift and i cant nap else i wont sleep tonight.

And i was so determined to get today right aswell to prove that hopefully when the overtime at works comes in over xmas i can have a routine on a non 'routine' day :sigh: :sigh: :sigh:

Sorry for the long post guys, but i hope yous understand :eek:

Last edited:
Failed what exactly?? You had some chocolate?? NORMAL people are allowed chocolate you know- someone has to buy it- not just fatties (or former fatties! LOL!)
Excuse me a minute-...:copon:

Now. You had some chocolate. Repeat after me- IT IS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD. I WILL NOT SUDDENLY REGAIN TEN STONE.

Tanya, you need to stop feeling guilty about eating normal food. If you have a 'bad' food, balance it out over the rest of the day? Relax hun, use the 'distraction' skills you learned while on LT. Avoid chocolate if it makes you feel that bad- don't have it near you. Have other snacky type foods handy for when you can't resist a craving. You CAN do it. You know you can. :hug99:

Thanks irish. I know its not the end of the world its just i was so worried yesterday about my eating today and so i feel like i have failed at it. I guess i cant get it right first time all the time hey!:sigh:

Its weird though - i feel super bad today about eating the chocolate and jaffa cakes but yet if i eat them on a monday (treat day) or a day where i have planned something naughty i feel absolutly fine about it. Oh how the mind works!!!! :sigh:

Hey, don't take it to heart honey. You've deprived yourself for sooo long you're bound to have a few wobbles!!
How about allowing yourself a 'naughty' snack each day? Work it into your daily menu. I find total deprivation leads down the road to over-consumption! I'm a firm believer in 'a little of everything in moderation does you good.'
You'll come through- I have every faith!

just to second what irish has said hun... dont freak out please.

i have this life coach right - and she has recommended a book to me. its called The Gabriel Method. i havent read it yet as it only arrived a couple of days ago, but its about this guy who lost over 200lbs without dieting or surgery. all he did was started eating like a slim person.

i thought this was a really interesting concept because "slim people" eat whatever they fancy, and dont worry about it, and this used to cause me such a headache because i couldnt work out how it was biologically possible - but the thing is, a slim person may eat loads of junk food, but they wont eat a normal meal as well, or they will eat massive meals, but zero snacks etc you get the point.

this book talks about eating like a slim person, because psychologically, as soon as we say we're on a diet, or we're watching what we eat, we set ourselves up to fail by piling pressure on. obviously where we all want to get to is maintaining our goal weights, but living normal lives. i'm hoping this book is gonna help me with that.

so VERY long post but in summary, you CANNOT be angelic for the rest of your life, if you ate a whole packet of jaffa cakes plus a whole chocolate bar, you'd probably feel sick, but you know all you have to do is be good for the rest of the week. it all balances out honey. now stop beating yourself up, and just enjoy your life. we all deserve happy peaceful lives.

sermon over! xxx

Tanya, you set the bar too high for yourself sometimes. You are disapointed in yourself because you set a high standard. Don't think you are on a downward slope to ruin as you have too much control for that. You are entitled to the odd slip and as long as you are aware of it then it is not catastrophic.
Go away, have a nice weekend and next week go back to your excellent routine.
Drink lots of water to get rid of the taste and to fill you up. Have a nice bath, do your face and RELAX.

You know Tanya, I cant add to what both Irishmum and Sarahlou has said to be honest...but you I will put my pennyworth in anyway!!!! It happens and it will no doubt happen again, but that is all part of the learning curve.

In a nutshell, at the end of the day, you have had them - you know; so what!!! so, now just move on. It doesnt need to mean you will continue to eat in that vain...get my drift! This is the time where you put into practise what you have learnt over the months and really, a lot of it is thought processes too! This is what you have done in the past...so, prove to yourself that you chose to do something differently. So, stop where you are now, and get back to how you feel comfortable.

By tomorrow, or later on tonight, you will see that your attitude has changed and that in fact, you have actually moved on and changed.

Hope that makes sense! But, at the end of the day, it is a cycle you have had for years and it will take a good few attempts to get it right and eventually, it will hopefully become second nature.

But, FAILURE!! No way; you are a SUCCESS....need to change your outlook on yourself and keep being positive!! If not, you will make yourself so miserable.

Sorry, sound as though I am lecturing you...suppose just trying to draw from my own experiences.

Go and enjoy all your activities, etc over the weekend and learn to relax around food.

I suppose i do set high goals for myself which in turn will only lead to failure :sigh:

I've also had some pick 'n' mix and 3 squares of co-op fair trade dark chocolate but i feel ok about it all now. I know i cant be on form every single day and have 1 day 'off' a week and stick to it forever. Like you say this is a learning curve and i will learn.

Im not about to let all that work i done losing 8st be taken away from me over a few feelings of guilt. I am going to enjoy my weekend and i will get back on form tuesday .... but that doesnt mean im going to eat like a pig! :giggle: :D Thankyou for your replies - i really duno what id do without this place. I would have probably gone on and had a full on binge if it wasnt for coming on here and writing it down :D

oh babes You are so so hard on yourself! I can totally see myself in you coz im my own worst critic aswell. You have not failed not a chance you cud fail you are an inspiration to us all not only on this forum but to people all around the world you have lost more than 8 stone for god's sake.

One little trip yes can hurt your confidence especially since you have set yourself such a high target. But you will be ok. I second third and fourth everything the other girls have said. It was a slip which will happen again but you can put it right you stopped you didnt continue eating 20 or 30 jaffa cakes which i remember being very easy to do. YOU STOPPED think about how amazing that was.

Now you have learnt a lesson from today depriving yourself to such an extent does not work. your treat day works so maybe think about why it works and try make it part of your life. Now enjoy ur weekend you will get back on track Monday and you can be super healthy for a few days to fix it if you feel you must. Of course dont go mad at the weekend but enjoy it and dont you be thinking your a failure you most definitely are not even close. xxxx

Sorry I didn't see this sooner Tan - but I've sort of replied in your other thread. I can't add anything to what everyone else has said but what I will say is DON'T YOU DARE talk about being a failure!! You can come and moan about being a failure when you've put back on your 8st & 1/2lb AND NOT BEFORE!! And certainly not because you've had a few measley squares of chocolate and a couple of piddlin' little biscuits!! LOL! ;) :)

Seriously girl ... please bear in mind that our unconscious is only too ready to believe anything bad we think/say/hear about ourselves. We are what we think, we get what we think about - whether we want it or not ...... now don't get me started on the Law of Attraction because you'll never hear the end of it. Google it & you'll get about 8 million refs.

You are a strong, successful, powerful woman in complete control of your life. Remember that - or I may just have to come and slap it into you ;) :):) ... LOL xxxx

:giggle: thanks Jan xxx

Nothing else to add to whats already been said - proud of you Tanya, proud we have come on this journey together and you have done amazing. So what if you ate a few squares of chocolate and a few jaffa cakes - its not the end of the world.

Enjoy Torquay.

Pretty much agree with what others have said

Dont take it so hard on yourself you have done brilliant and the little treats wont hurt.

Ah ADAM!!! Where the hell have you been hiding?
Hope you are ok and still on track? x

Lol iv been floating about haha been popping on but not always posting. been super busy with overtime and the missus and such lol

still on track thanks stepping up the fitness though to do some marathons next year too :)

How you finding things ? x

Its ok at the minute - getting yer head around this maintainence malarky isnt easy but im sure i will get there!

Marathons hey! What training are you doing? Im hoping to do the plymouth half marathon next year but plymouth CC have yet to finalise it all so im still waiting to register. Need to start some sort of training, just dont know where to start - tips would be good if you have any?! lol

A new mrs hey! ;) Hope you're happy :)

Back