Ive lost it....

carlah24

ive lost my will power.

Had abit of a nightmare on sunday a 7.5 ton lorry hit my car causeing me to swerve mounth the kirb and break sharpley. the driver carried on driveing so i got back on road and followed him flashing and beeping trying to get him to pull over but he drove for 3 miles eventually i was able to pull in front of him slow down and put my hazards on so he couldnt get passed. I got out car but driver wouldnt even put window down to speak to me. so i called police and waited till they came.

The van didnt cause much damage to my car but myself and passengers includeing my 3 year old daughter have been injured.

Im in sooo much pain with my neck and back and feeling very sorry for myself but im just eating crap :cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to bore you feeling really fed up

ahhh no sorry to hear wat happened. definitely put dieting on the side for now until you feel better, these things shock you and its actually proven that chocolate helps with shock. :) when you feel right as rain again, get back on the wagon, we'll all be here to help! XXX

Disgusting behaviour from that lorry driver. You must have been in serious rage/shock, especially with your child in the car.

Now im sure your getting all the paperwork sorted. But how are you, mentally and emotionally?

It sounds to me like you want/need someone here on minimins to tell you to stop eating crap.
Im telling you now, stop eating the crap! You were really strong to go get the lorry driver sorted out and now you can sort your eating out.
Talk to anyone and everyone about how angry stressed and scared that incident made you and try to remeber the ww points are there to help you feel better and look better for yourself.

start again now. its only 9.45 you can point from this morning and leave the rubbish eating behind you.

P.S whata sh+t head driver i would have been livid trying to kick the window in and haul him out

im so annoyed i was doing so well

I know i had my brother and partner in the car with me luckily they were in the back with my daughter with child locks on other wise they would have killed him i even had to get my daughter out the car when id stopped him so was right in front ofd his lorry and she was screaming and being sick and he didnt care.

We all went to hospital afterwards i was treated for whip lash and concusion my brother for whiplash my partner and my brothers partner with pulled muscles in there neck.

Im sooo angry with him i phoned the company he worked for and went mad.

But it annoys me because for my car to go in and get checked over and for me to have a hire car i will have to pay the excess on my insurance which is £350 which i havent got i can claim it back but i aint got it to start with

it just makes me realise irresponsible some people can be. the idiot

I didn't want to read and run. So sorry to read about your accident, what a complete toe-rag the driver was! I'm glad none of you were seriously hurt, but I would be feeling the same as you too.

((((hugs))))

Do you think if i phoned the companys insurance company they would send my car to be checked ova and sort courtesey car out instead of going through my insurance and haveing to pay the excess

I am so sorry hon, thats awful for you. What a horrible man. I can't help you with the above, but in terms of ww, I suggest that it will help you to get back in control. But your health comes first, and you need to concentrate on recovering. But at the same time, if you are immobile, controlling your eating will do you good in the longterm hon, and controlling your weight is so important in the longterm with back injuries.

Sorry for the lecture hon, I really feel for you, and like I say your health comes first, so don't be focussing too much on ww.

I hope your little girl is ok, and wasn't too frightened, the wee pet.

THat is sooo awful hope ur feeling better...

If he was in the wrong you shouldn't have to pay for ANYTHING including ur hospital bills. If he has admitted liability get straight onto his insurance and tell them u will be in contact with ur bills for them to sort..... Ring them anyway you've nothing to lose.

All the best

Hi Im sorry to hear what you went through,I hoep you are all okay,I think the lorry driver realised he was wrong thats why he wouldnt stop,lets hope he gets a punishment as he could next time do something more dangerous.
The eating Id say try and just stick to the plan as best you can reason being when you feel emotionally and mentally okay you will feel that because of this lorry driver you may have more to lose.
Try reverse phsycology(cant spell) on yourself Tell yourself if you comfort eat he is winning!
I know its hard not to use food as a comfort thats why Im here with loads to lose but in the end you'll feel stronger for staying to plan maybe even just maintaining and have a comfort food?
xx

Thanks for all your advice

Im trying my best to get back on plan today wish me luck :eek:

Hopefully the guy will admit liability and i can get my car sorted and it will all be over with.

My insurance company should know tomorrow if he admits it or not so fingers crossed ;)

me too im sooo impatient so just want to know whats happening

Hi hun - firstly (((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))) to you - good job with getting him caught - otherwise you'd be without any chance of insurance help.
However, as you have police involved - you are on to a winner. (and I know it's the last thing you want to hear atm) but make sure you get all gp documentation in place and any injury (mental & physical) well documented. There is no rush atm but once you have liability confirmed contact one of this companies "no win no fee claims" and you should have some monies coming in your direction fairly soon.
I've been there and no one advised me about it and lost out on compensations big time - thought you might wanna know it.

Take your time and take care of yourself xxxx

Hi hun - firstly (((((((((((((big hugs)))))))))))) to you - good job with getting him caught - otherwise you'd be without any chance of insurance help.
However, as you have police involved - you are on to a winner. (and I know it's the last thing you want to hear atm) but make sure you get all gp documentation in place and any injury (mental & physical) well documented. There is no rush atm but once you have liability confirmed contact one of this companies "no win no fee claims" and you should have some monies coming in your direction fairly soon.
I've been there and no one advised me about it and lost out on compensations big time - thought you might wanna know it.

Take your time and take care of yourself xxxx

Thanks hun

Its more my daughter im concerned about she keeps saying about the nasty man crashing into mommys car.
And her day nursery said on wednesday her 1st day back they were walking her to school and she wouldnt cross the road kept saying no we have got to wait coz the lorry will be comeing and he will crash into us :mad::mad::mad::mad: poor little baba

I suffered with my back any way but had accupuncture and havent had a problem with it for atleast 12months now im in agony with it again :(:(

Just want to get my car sorted 1st and see what happens after that at the min i cant be bothered with sorting everything out its already driveing me mad aint even been a week yet

hi so sorry to hear what happened. get a lawyer involved you have 3 witnesses agaisnt 1. you may have to pay to get ur car fixed but if he admits which he will be forced to due to 3 witnesses against him and the injuries that you's have suffered, you will get a payment to cover these expenses to you and your family. the case is based on breach of duty of care. I studied law last year on my degree course :) hope this helps

hi so sorry to hear what happened. get a lawyer involved you have 3 witnesses agaisnt 1. you may have to pay to get ur car fixed but if he admits which he will be forced to due to 3 witnesses against him and the injuries that you's have suffered, you will get a payment to cover these expenses to you and your family. the case is based on breach of duty of care. I studied law last year on my degree course :) hope this helps

Thanks hun

Thats what my partner said to the police because he drove off and i was flashing and indicateing for him to pull over and he carried on driveing. And the police said the driver said he didnt see me flashing and my partner said isnt that driveing with out due care and attention and the police said it was.

I spoke with my insurance company yesturday there speaking with the 3rd partys insurance so i should know by next week whats happening

Back