I've totally fallen off the bandwagon and can't get back on!

HealthKickFin

These past two days I have totally fallen off the bandwagon and eaten 50 syns yesterday and 40 syns today! Mainly because I'm away and having to eat in restaurants but I just feel awful - there's no excuse. I'm at that point where I'm thinking - forget it! But I need to get back on!

help!
(I've lost 5lbs so far but bet I've put on! Which will absolutely ruin me if I have!)

These past two days I have totally fallen off the bandwagon and eaten 50 syns yesterday and 40 syns today! Mainly because I'm away and having to eat in restaurants but I just feel awful - there's no excuse. I'm at that point where I'm thinking - forget it! But I need to get back on!

help!
(I've lost 5lbs so far but bet I've put on! Which will absolutely ruin me if I have!)

Don't stress, I did exactly the same this week. Had one planned day off followed by one unplanned day off. Today I got back on it, hadn't gained any weight which was a relief, but the most important thing is to start again, remember that this is a long term change and that everyone has their little slip-ups.

Thank you - I needed to hear that. I just need to stop thinking it's the end of the world when it happens. Maybe because it's only my second week too that I'm finding the cravings a little difficult

Hi HealthKickFan, Ive been there many times and thought sod it, I've blown it now! We all have things that will come up, there will always be an unexpected night out or a nice meal out etc. Life would be boring without them! Don't give up, back on track as off now, don't even wait till the morning and most importantly don't miss WI this week regardless if your up or not. Keep your syns to a minimum for the rest of the week and plenty of water. Good luck! Let us know how it goes!

As the others have said life is full of ups and downs and dieting is the same...forget it and get back on track

You can absolutely get past this. I did it many times over my ten months of SW and yes it took a while but here I am at target!

Just don't let a day off-plan ruin the week. Take each day at a time and get back on it as normal.

You may find you still lose, but if not, just think what would've happened if you hadn't been on SW at all - a big gain. Whatever happens, you are making steps in the right direction.

Also, have a think about where you went wrong. What were your syns? Which ones did you really enjoy? Which ones did you not enjoy as much and regret after? Are there things you could've had instead that were similar but lower in syns? Could you have prepared better? If you want to post your bad days on here people might be able to think of things :) And you will learn some tricks as you get really into it, and your tastes should change too.

Some great sense being talked here and many thanks for it as I was thinking 'why am I bothering?'. Reading through this I know why. :rolleyes:

I've been here too; really struggled to stay on plan the last few weeks and had a gain last week which really knocked my motivation but I keep trying to make the best choices I can. Yesterday wasn't too bad and today will be better (said with determination!)! Even if I can't get back on 100% all at once I'm trying to make each day a little bit more on plan than the day before.

Gwella, I think that's a good idea to think about where you could change things in the future.

Hi I had a week where I just couldn't get my head in it followed by a hen weekend away. This week after I had a talking to myself it just seems to have clicked again I have been good this week but weigh.in.today will tell.me the damage it's done but am prepared for a gain and definitely know that it is deserved. But as am prepared for it hopefully won't be as much of a set back and will.just motivate me to go on. Good luck hun everyone has blips it's just learning to get over them and keep going x

If you know you're going out look at the menu before hand. :) Try to find something that you want but sticks in with the syns.
I went out last week with the OH and his parents and I pre-looked at the menu.. Ended up having steak with veg and i asked for them to swap the chips with boiled potatoes. Got a 3.5lbs loss the WI after so it shows that you can still go out and have fun, and lose. :) Just need to get your mind in the right way to do it the SW way.
I go out of my way to look though, because on my 2nd week i stuck to plan religiously but then had a pizza hut pizza and ice cream van ice cream at the weekend. I was amazingly shocked to see I gained 3lbs that week! I thought if I can gain that from one bad weekend I'm never going to have a bad weekend like so again! I'm glad it happened so early on because it really kicked me into gear. :)

Thanks everyone, this has really got me back on track. I need to stop being so hard on myself!!!Today has been a good day as im back home and in control of my food preparations. Might do a sneaky mid week weigh in too to see if there has been any damage. Surely this heat may have made me sweat some calories too haha.

Thanks again everyone :)

weighed myself this morning and I am still the same weight so that is a plus! haven't blown it after all - Just panicked!

Fab news so pleased for you...i had a few gains some weeks it just makes me determined to do better the next week

Back