Jacket Potato Help!!!

cd121272

Silver Member
Please help i'm confused.com.

Instead of having boiled potatoes AGAIN i decided to have two jacket potatoes. I have the weight watchers electronic scales and put them on it when cooked and they came to 4.5 points.

Dont know if anyone has got these scales or not but if its raw then it normally says raw weight next to the food, potatoes dont and why I would wanna eat a raw potato I dont know lol.....Anyway I have now consumed my potatoes and would like to know if I have cocked up with my points calculation for them.........HEEEELLLLPPPP???? Oh and if so how many points have I just eaten :)cry:)

i weigh my potatoes raw and point them at 0.5pts per 50g. i usually have a baked potato and it usually works out at 2.5pts :)

Thankyou Allison......unfortunately I did'nt weight them at raw weight only at cooked so I have NO idea what i've done now........Oh god.....

Right I have 3 points left today so do you think I should just leave it as that seeing as it looks like I have cocked up and we will see what happens??

were they just average sized jackets? what did you have with them?

i think your fine! id count 3pts per potato to be on the safe side :)

Oh everything else I had with it I calculated fine lol, chicken & a little tikka low fat sauce which I calculated with a fine tooth comb lol......just messed up me spud lol.........mind you I did half hour on me treadmill too so that will make up for it........

Thanks for the info on the spud tho I wll remember that next time xx

I had excatly the same problem when I brought the scales and i found there would be sometimes quite a difference between raw and cooked. But I did read in one of my WW books that you weight raw! I wouldn't worry, in my experience in the beginning I used to weight them raw and cooked and they would always be less points cooked. As said above general jacket spuds are 2.5point do u have any more at home roughly the same size that u can weigh it won't be spot on but good enough?! Xx

Hmmm thats an idea I didn't think of that lol......Thankyou xx

Back