jalepeno poppers

d14

Does anyone have a recipe for these? I used to buy them in M&S.. they're basically jalepenos stuffed with cream cheese and coated in breadcrumbs.

Oooh, I love those! If I was making them, I would use the cream cheese & breadcrumbs as Hex's. Stuff the jalapenos with the cream cheese & hold together with a cocktail stick, coat them in beaten egg & dip into the breadcrumbs until covered. Chill in the fridge for an hour or so, spray with Frylight & cook in a hot oven until crispy & brown....hope that makes sense!
Mmm, might have to make these myself at the weekend. Let us know how you get on.

mmm good plan to go with my pizza ideas :p I guess you could use Quark (im yet to try it yet) and then the breadcrumbs as aHEXA but you probably wouldnt use a whole one

Thanks Kim, will have to try that soon! :)

I haven't tried these but i buy the pack of 4 mixed chillies, cut in half length ways and de-seed. Fill with garlic and herb philli (or could use laughing cow) and wrap in a thin strip of ham. Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes and they're lovely.

Havent tried them yet because I havent been able to find jalepenos anywhere :(

d14 said:
Havent tried them yet because I havent been able to find jalepenos anywhere :(

You could always just use fresh green chillies or jarred chillies, as I'm sure jalapenoes are chillies x

You could always just use fresh green chillies or jarred chillies, as I'm sure jalapenoes are chillies x
Nah they taste completely different to me! :(

How about steaming/boiling the fresh green chillies until they're soft & then stuffing them with cream cheese x
#Would they taste different then? I love the taste of jalepenos but the taste of green chilies is not so nice to me!

#Would they taste different then? I love the taste of jalepenos but the taste of green chilies is not so nice to me!

Not sure actually & the only way I think you would find out is to try them. Have you googled jalapenoes to see if you can buy them anywhere? I've bought them ready made before but dread to think how many Syns would be in them !

Back