James' Diary

Thanks, I'm finishing a week on Saturday so hoping to knock the last 8lbs off (admittedly I don't need to now) to reach the 3 stone marker. After that I'm extremely determined to keep the weight off (well bad weight, I'll gain good weight in muscle) and hopefully see the last of crash diets. I'll still pop back on here from time to time to see how you're all doing.

Brilliant pics James, well done! You'd better come back and say hi every so often ;) x x x

Lost another 5lbs this week, still unsure how but not complaining. Just picked up my last full weeks worth of shakes and really excited about starting refeed next weekend.

Even got a hair cut and the sunbeds to cheer me up because it's torrential rain here! Managed to buy all my gym stuff too for when I sign up.

Hope all your weeks on TFR or refers are going well.

Well done James! Brilliant loss and make sure you have everything in place for your refeed next week :)

Congrat James. Glad ur feeling better about yourself. You've made such an achievement on this diet.

Good luck with the gym.

Thanks girls! I've gone over my refeed "guide" with my mum because had to swap out all the fish meals for chicken or turkey. Palate reset or not I don't think I'll ever like fish!

@Kay - How's life after refeed? Is there hope for me out there? :p

@Ava - Well done on sticking with the diet so far and having clear goals, hope I can come back here next month and you're still on it - that can be your goal (;

I've got my before and after picture done but can't figure out how to add pictures on my phone :(

Thanks girls! I've gone over my refeed "guide" with my mum because had to swap out all the fish meals for chicken or turkey. Palate reset or not I don't think I'll ever like fish!

@Kay - How's life after refeed? Is there hope for me out there? :p

@Ava - Well done on sticking with the diet so far and having clear goals, hope I can come back here next month and you're still on it - that can be your goal (;

I've got my before and after picture done but can't figure out how to add pictures on my phone :(

Yummy.... fish. Haha. Thanks James...my head seems to finally be in the right place. I hope to be on it in a month too. :)

Best of luck with the refeed. Ull do great

Hi James

Sounds like you have a plan! :)

I'm not keen on fish either, but ended up loving tinned tuna! Tastebuds do change so it's really interesting.

Doing good actually. Weight is pretty stable, and overall I'm up 4lbs. I'm eating sensibly and watching portion sizes. I've had cheesecake and the odd bit of chocolate, but not really fussed over the sweat stuff and enjoying eating veg and salad so much. It's stressful doing the refeed while you're wondering if you can trust yourself again but worth sticking to it. You're going to do great and love your tastebuds again but remember if you go back to your old ways, you're going to put weight back on, so permanent changes are the key to maintaining and stability :)

I know I may like the taste of fish now but I'm pretty confident I won't as I still find the smell revolting. I may give it a shot after my refeed is done but in that first integral week I'll stick to chicken just to get back into the swing of eating. Really excited to finish this but worried about my refeed as my work hours are horrendous next week coupled with a dental hygienist (exorcist) visit on Tuesday! Ah well, I'll cope.

@Teapot - Congrats and keeping a stable weight so far after refeed. I bet it feels good to indulge a little sometimes and know that it won't have much affect anymore. Reminds me I also need to buy some good weighing scales so I can keep on top of it myself in case my weight creeps up a little. Somehow ended up with about 8 spare LT sachets which is good if I ever need to quickly hop back on seen as the pharmacy won't take them back and no one I know where I live is on the diet.

IMG_1613.JPG

Taken Saturday 18th May

IMG_1615.JPG

My comparative shot from Week 1-6

Well today I am officially done! Had my last TFR weigh in today and have beaten my end of July goal a couple of months early and also by an extra pound! Really pleased with the progress I've made; not just with my body but also my attitude towards food and also my rapidly growing will power. The easy part of my journey is over so now for the hard part - staying thin. I'm in the right mindset now to keep the weight off and I just hope to God that I can do my refeed properly and maintain or even lose a little. I signed up to the gym today and have got all my equipment so will be starting that this coming week.

Big thanks to everyone who's supported me for the past 7 or so weeks it was greatly helpful and I shall still lurk on the forums to give some newer people advice if they seem to need it. Hope you all are ever shaving off the pounds or maintaining for as long as you can do!

So it's goodbye for now and I hope I never have to start this diet ever again; food is now a treat and not a hobby!

You did great job hun. All the best to you:)

Good luck James!!! x x x x

Well done james!

Can't be bothered making a refeed diary for a just the week so thought I'd post little addition on here and keep editing with each days meal(s)!

On Day 3 of my refeed currently and everything is going swimmingly. I think I have lost a pound so far whilst eating everything I need to eat slowly so I'm full but also really enjoying it!

Every day I drink 4 litres of water with no other drinks (never really been into my fizzy drinks and refeed doesn't say to try this and to not have cordial so just playing it safe).

Day 1

Morning (10am) - 1x Chocolate Lipotrim Shake

Lunch (2pm) - 1x Chocolate Lipotrim Shake

Dinner (6pm) - 1x ~5oz skinless chicken breast with small breakfast bowl of salad; lettuce, cucumber, baby tomatoes, celery & peppers; drizzled with balsamic vinegar as seen in Image 1

Day 2

Morning (10am) - 1x Chocolate Lipotrim Shake

Lunch (2pm) - Image 1

Dinner (6pm) - Image 1

Day 3

Morning (9am) - 1x Lipotrim Shake)

Lunch (2pm) - Image 1

Dinner (6pm) - Same as Image 1 but accompanied with 1x 6oz jacket potato as seen in Image 2

Day 4

Morning (9am) - 1x Lipotrim Shake)

Lunch (2pm) - Same as Image 1 but with a small wholemeal pitta bread too as seen in Image 3
This was immeasurably tasty and far better than the fast food I used to eat - definitely be having this again.

Dinner (6pm) - Low fat spaghetti bolognese; 4oz wholemeal pasta (cooked weight), ??oz lean turkey mince & low fat sauce made from scratch () as seen in Image 4 - Not eaten this yet hence missing info.

Image 1
IMG_1641.JPG

Image 2
IMG_1644.JPG

Image 3
IMG_1647.JPG

Image 4

Last edited:
Looks good james :)

What day are you on?

It gets easier but the first 3-4 days can be a bit rough till you get into ketosis then after that it's a breeze. Remember to drink your required water amount and try think of things to do to take your mind off the initial hunger.

Well today I am officially done! Had my last TFR weigh in today and have beaten my end of July goal a couple of months early and also by an extra pound! Really pleased with the progress I've made; not just with my body but also my attitude towards food and also my rapidly growing will power. The easy part of my journey is over so now for the hard part - staying thin. I'm in the right mindset now to keep the weight off and I just hope to God that I can do my refeed properly and maintain or even lose a little. I signed up to the gym today and have got all my equipment so will be starting that this coming week.

Big thanks to everyone who's supported me for the past 7 or so weeks it was greatly helpful and I shall still lurk on the forums to give some newer people advice if they seem to need it. Hope you all are ever shaving off the pounds or maintaining for as long as you can do!

So it's goodbye for now and I hope I never have to start this diet ever again; food is now a treat and not a hobby!

I really enjoyed reading your diary, your progress was incredible. How are you finding maintaining? It's nice to see you come back to give other newer people some advice.

Hey Ashley completely missed this, so sorry! Thanks for enjoying my diary, I tried to make sure all of my diaries were as informative as possible and had pictures etc. because when I was doing it I was struggling for inspiration as a lot of diaries were vague and I couldn't like sees the results in others.

Maintenance - so far - is going okay. I had a couple of festivals in August and kind of went nuts on takeaways for a while at weekends (who wouldn't after so long off) but I do lots of exercise during the week so managed to keep my weight maintained from refeed to around the middle of August. Since then I've not had a weigh in nor use my scales so no idea what my weight is now. I've been a bit conscious it's been creeping up lately so thinking of popping into my pharmacy for a weigh in (I like using the same scales every time) to see where I'm at. I don't mind if I've gained a little as I then at least know I can't just get overconfident and eat the world without any consequences.

I think I'll try pop in Friday to do this so will comment again on this to say what my weight is as of right now. If you have any questions feel free to ask me :)

Hey Ashley completely missed this, so sorry! Thanks for enjoying my diary, I tried to make sure all of my diaries were as informative as possible and had pictures etc. because when I was doing it I was struggling for inspiration as a lot of diaries were vague and I couldn't like sees the results in others.

Maintenance - so far - is going okay. I had a couple of festivals in August and kind of went nuts on takeaways for a while at weekends (who wouldn't after so long off) but I do lots of exercise during the week so managed to keep my weight maintained from refeed to around the middle of August. Since then I've not had a weigh in nor use my scales so no idea what my weight is now. I've been a bit conscious it's been creeping up lately so thinking of popping into my pharmacy for a weigh in (I like using the same scales every time) to see where I'm at. I don't mind if I've gained a little as I then at least know I can't just get overconfident and eat the world without any consequences.

I think I'll try pop in Friday to do this so will comment again on this to say what my weight is as of right now. If you have any questions feel free to ask me :)

Yeah i did love your diary mainly because you weren't vague, there was pics of your progess (again incredible, congrats) and also you weren't really feeling sorry for yourself and just got on with it.
I think you'll know yourself if the weight was creeping back on, i know when i start maintaining i'm going to weigh myself more than once a week, take note of what i'm eating and if it's creeping up i'll rethink what i'm eating.
It's nice to see you come back to help others, you're good inspiration & i probably will too. it'll be cool to see how you get on when you're weighed on friday.

Back