Jan/Feb Magazine recipes-tried+tested

Angela55

I think this one is a cracker for lovely recipes! Made my weekly meal plan and had the Spinach and Mushroom Cannelloni out of the small booklet!
Verdict: absolutely lovely!
BUT....takes a lot longer then stated to prepare. A lot of chopping involved and the stuffing takes quite a while aswell. Also used whole eggs. Mix seemed a bit dry!
Somehow I can't have Lasagne or Cannelloni without a cheese sauce, so my version is a bit higher in syns!
Used additional 250ml of milk (6syns) and 1tbsp cornflour (3.5syns).Didn't put any grated cheese in the filling. Used it for the cheese sauce instead.
I counted 3.5 syns per portion just to make sure as I didn't measure the milk, but worth it as far as I am concerned.

Anybody else tried any recipes out of the new Magazine?:)

Last edited:
Mine turned up yesterday But I agree its a pretty crappe service when subscribers get it *after* it turns up in the shops :confused: I wont be re-subscribing :(

Got it last night at class, I'm sure there are more advertising in it!
The first 28 pages don't have any recipes on them, 29-35 have, then ads & stories 36-50 then recipes for most of the pages 51-76 with ads & stories starting again from 77-80 then restart recipes from page 81-86 then ads & stories to the end! Page 120.......
Good value?

I thought this was one of the better mags, I love the stories. I usually read the recipes but tend to use them for inspiration rather than copying. And I like the shopping tips and hex updates. Going to have another read this afternoon and plan a recipe to take to our tasting night on Monday :)

Got my copy today through the post... not had a proper look yet but from a quick flick it seems good :)

anna1980 said:
I made the chicken and Bacon hot pot on Sunday and it was heaven! I will definitely be making it again!

Agreed!!! Had left overs for lunch next day at work, had some jealous colleagues!

Back