January challenge anyone?? Starting 2nd Jan.

Hi all Im also a new starter will be starting on this journey as of tomorrow,

We can all spur each other on. Im getting married at the end of March so any loss before then would be great.

The only thing I find hard about this diet is all the water to drink my only saviour is that my cdc says I can have the odd can of coke zero!:D

Oh and signs for ketosis are bad breath :-(. It's a killer lol. But use breath fresheners and I chew sugar free gum when Im at work as I work close to my colleagues. xx

Does the bad breath stay with you the whole time you are in the diet?? Not sure my work colleagues are gonna like that either...lol xx

Hi Wills, it's really good to have support from others on the diet as it really does help, especially when we are all going through the same experience.
Coke zero can be a life saver, especially when im out with my friends as it's much nicer to drink rather than water (still not wine but hey-ho lol). Good luck with your journey and i'm sure you'l be feeling great in time for your big day. Keep me posted. xx

Day two and I feel yucky. Got the flu/cold/death and had a killer headache, feel sick and quite faint.

Dont think I will actually die, but its a close call! lol! :p

Does the bad breath stay with you the whole time you are in the diet?? Not sure my work colleagues are gonna like that either...lol xx
Haha, yep, although I got told the more water I drank the better it would be but for me it didn't really get better. My mouth also feels yacky, like a coating. But stick with the fresheners and sugar free gum and brush regularly and you will be fine. xx

Day two and I feel yucky. Got the flu/cold/death and had a killer headache, feel sick and quite faint.

Dont think I will actually die, but its a close call! lol! :p
Aww bless, it doesn't help when all you'll wana do is comfort eat (or at least I do when im ill). Couple paracetamols, hot bath and bed. :). Hope you feel better soon hun. xx

Sod the comfort eating, I'd settle for anything I could chew! lol!

Sod the bath, just going to bed to try and sweat it out! Not a very sexy image, but still!

See u all tomorrow :)

Afternoon Ladies :).

Well I went to my mams house earlier and she was decorating her bedroom and had bags and bags of old photo's so I sat and had a look. Wowzas I used to be so thin and happy, they were great to see as I feel encouraged. Also seen some really fat ugly one's just after I had my daughter. I'm looking very similar to them again unfortunately and my daughter was 8 in december lol. Oh well, at least i'm on the right track.
Hope everyone has a fab 100% day. Lots of love Kate. xx

PS, my photo was of me when I lost 3 stone last time on CD. My face is soooo much rounder these days :-(. lol. xx

Hi Girlies.

How is day three for you all.

Hoping my day three story will cheer you all up and give you a bit of a laugh...must admit it is pretty hilarious.

So today I woke up actually feeling great, had my porridge and off to work I went.

I made my porridge a bit thicker today so it felt a bit more "stodgy" if that's the word. And it really worked! I didn't even realise it was lunch time till everyone started disappearing to tesco.

So me left alone in the office (I work at ITV) I decided to take my consultant's advice and make a hot drink with my shake. I don't like chocolate so she had told me that the vanilla shake was great warm with a bit of coffee.

NOW, I don't ever drink coffee, but I thought well she said it was nice, and I felt like a treat half way through the week (weird how a hot drink is a treat!) So I tried to make it.

WELLLLLL!!! I poured the water in, boiling water, and then the coffee, and then the shake.I don't drink coffee so I accidently and naively put in a TABLESPOON of coffee!!! Also, apparently you are supposed to put the water in (NOT boiling but warm) and then the shake, then add coffee and stir again. OOPS. What I ended up with was vanilla curdle and a pint of coffee....

Now what happens when a young lady who never drinks coffee drinks a pint...and on a low calorie diet. SHE GOES MAD!!!! I was twitching and fidgeting and talking really fast and generally acting like a loon all afternoon. I felt drunk, no lie!

And that's not the worst part. Of course as we all know coffee is a diaretic, so alongside the 6 pints of water (coffee actually made me so thirsty the water wasnt prob today!) I had to go to the toilet EVERY 15 MINUTES!!!! So, putting two and two together and making ten, my concerned colleague asked me at about 4pm...Are you ok Beth? To which I of course replied yes. And he said, are you sure you haven't....taken something...it's just you've been going back and forth to the toilet all day and coming out looking wired and shaky.

HAHAHA...apparently my colleagues thought I was taking some sort of illicit substance!!! LOL.

The wonders of dieting.

But on a plus side, I did a keto-stick this evening (after my non illicit and craze inducing soup!) and I am in ketotis. Only about half way but still great after 3 days.

And after a cheeky hop on the scales it appears I have lost 4 pounds since Monday. My scales are a bit rubbish but any signals of a lose are FAB!!

Hope my story has brought a smile to someone's face, and if not hope you all had a relatively easy and stress free day anyway!!

Beth xxxxx

PMSL!!! You actually made me LOL! Mainly because I just had a curdles vanilla coffee pint about 15mins ago and also because my work collegues have been looking at me as if I'm daft running back and forth to the loo all day (need to pee again now just talking about it!)!!!

And also, because i laughed, my OH has just asked me why i laughed, and I explained it to him, and he's just looking at me rather blankly going "i dont get it" lol!

Bless! *runs off to the toilet for the 100th wee of the day*

Oh Beth that did make me LOL!!
Hope you are ok now after your buzzing day!! Great news about ketosis too! I'm hoping I'm heading that way as I'm on day 2 and have a very dry mouth even though I'm drinking a gizillion litres of water :) xx

Oh Beth that did make me LOL!!
Hope you are ok now after your buzzing day!! Great news about ketosis too! I'm hoping I'm heading that way as I'm on day 2 and have a very dry mouth even though I'm drinking a gizillion litres of water :) xx

Ah it sounds like you are!! I wasn't going to check until Friday, but all of a sudden today I got really cold and my mouth went really dry..so I thought get the stick out!! haha. It is kinda motivating to see that my body is reacting even if I can't see it!!

Aww Beth that's made me laugh :). Bless, lol.
I had an image reading your post of the News reader on Bruce Almighty when he's talking fast?? You know what I mean? ahahahaha.

I also have dry mouth, and i'm freeeeezing. But peed on stick this afternoon and i'm supposedly not in ketosis :-(. STRANGE as I've stuck 100% and this is day 3. (my usual day for ketosis kicking in) Will do another one in morning. xx

Ive never pee'd on a stick. Well, thats a lie. I had a moment years ago where I thought I might be pregnant and I pee'd on that kind of stick! hahaha! Thankfully it was negative. Damn pcos and lack of periods! lol! :p

God, that was almost verging on a TMI post. Anyway, what I really wanted to say was... do you just buy the sticks in the chemist? Never really seen the point, but I might give it a bash. Peeing on a stick might be the new highlight of my week!

ClaireCat said:
Ive never pee'd on a stick. Well, thats a lie. I had a moment years ago where I thought I might be pregnant and I pee'd on that kind of stick! hahaha! Thankfully it was negative. Damn pcos and lack of periods! lol! :p

God, that was almost verging on a TMI post. Anyway, what I really wanted to say was... do you just buy the sticks in the chemist? Never really seen the point, but I might give it a bash. Peeing on a stick might be the new highlight of my week!

lol!!! my consultant gave me pot of them. You can buy them in chemists too though! maybe ask your consultabt if ur seeing her soon??

katie it is funny you should say that because i am a reporter for itv wales news. THANK GOD i was on a planning shift today..not live to the nation hahahahaha. im more ron burgundy though ;) xxxx

also...i thought my boyfriend was going to faint when i ran out of the bathroom waving a stick and shouting its positive!!! nothing like scaring a non committal man for a giggle. xxx

also...i thought my boyfriend was going to faint when i ran out of the bathroom waving a stick and shouting its positive!!! nothing like scaring a non committal man for a giggle. xxx

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! F**k it, i'm going to HAVE to get some now! Thats excellent!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

Hahahaha, eeee highlight of my day. *Happy Face*.

Well I peed on the stick this morning and......... I'm in ketosis whooooopy.

Hows everyone's day going?
It's my totm at the mo and usually I wana eat everything in sight but I got the coil fitted in oct and I now get horendous pains, BUT on the plus side it makes me not want to eat, so finding it pretty at the mo to stick 100%. Roll on day 4 tomorrow :). xx

Hi I'm also on day 3 & so far so good - although feel freezing cold just can't seem to get warm :-( x

Good stuff on the whole not wanting to eat thing! I got my totm today, so guess that means I'm in Ketosis - always happens when I low carb, just hope it goes away!

And I'm also freezing! Not to worry, I'm sure thats from lack of insulations from all the fat I've been losing over the last 4 days! lol!

Back