January challenge anyone?? Starting 2nd Jan.

Hi girls,

Another Jolly Day in Beth land today!!

Day Four and things have been ok. However, I was on a reporting shift today for work - so I met my cameraman and went to the news meeting.

What story am I doing?...Food Hygiene Ratings. They sent me off to a cafe to interview a business owner and an environmental health officer, which included watching the inspection......OMG. The smell of mushrooms and watching loads of people eat breakfast was so hard!! Plus my crew got a free meal out of it, while I had left my shake in the office so I couldn't drink it till 4pm!

However, I was very good and didn't cheat....but being on reporting shift meant I literally couldn't drink much water, because I was out on the road and couldn't access a toilet easily!!! So I am now back in the office, shake was so rewarding after waiting so long, and I felt so good that I didn't cheat..Plus now I can go home and eat my soup.

Have tried to drink loads of water in the last hour or so, and will try to keep it up when I get home, but hoping that not drinking during the day won't have hindered my loss?

Hope you are all having a great day, and the keto fairy is being kind to you. To be honest I haven't felt hungry once today (just tempted by those lovely breakfasts!) - which goes to show we eat out of habit rather than need.

I get my worst hunger pangs at night in bed though, I find it difficult to sleep (I was a terrible midnight snacker!) Is it wrong that when I feel really hungry I look forward to my stomach rumbling - it seems to make it better for a while?!!?! I dont know, I think this diet has made me lose my mind rather than weight!!! xxxxxxxxxxxx much love xxxxxxxxx

I am struggling with getting to sleep at the moment. It's day 3 and I have freezing cold hands and I woke up with a yucky taste in my mouth :( ketosis mus have kicked in :)
Beth, I love your blogs! Well done for resisting the breakfasts!!! Amazing xx

LilyPotter said:
I am struggling with getting to sleep at the moment. It's day 3 and I have freezing cold hands and I woke up with a yucky taste in my mouth :( ketosis mus have kicked in :)
Beth, I love your blogs! Well done for resisting the breakfasts!!! Amazing xx

thanks hun. i am finding myself getting addicted to these forums to replace food!!!

isnt it so strange with ketosis that we are happy about having gross breath,being freezing and struggling to sleep because we know in the long run it will mean shedding those pounds!!!! xxxx

Hi all :). I said last night 'roll on day 4' ahem..... its actually day 5 haha, minor error hee hee.

Beth your posts are great :). I'm enjoying logging on to see what kind of day you've had lol.

My breath is so bad and mouth also dry, but at least im in ketosis I supose. Struggling with my water today, it's such a pain in the.... derriere!!

Hows everyone doing?? xx

*sigh* why must boyfriend's be such a pain.

Ten minutes till I leave work... text from the OH. "hiya, will you be back for half six? I am going to pick up a burger King on the way home"

GITFACE. I'm going to smush that Whopper in his smuggybum face.

I am staying with him for the weekend, so will update on Sunday - Wish me luck for the Weekend, this will be my first real test.

Apart from that Day 5 has been ok, despite a tetra giving me an upset stomach - will stick to powder shakes in future.

Hope all you lovely ladies are doing well.

xxxxx

Hi Ladies
Sounds like you are all doing really well and sticking at it. Some of your posts are so funny, I have just been reading throughand catching up as I forgot all about this thread - very sorry. Anyway, quick catch up - I started again on the 2 Jan after the xmas indulgences - over xmas I put on about 7lbs and after 5 ays I am now back down to being just 1lb over my best - so 6lbs off. I am happyy with that as a result. Plus after speaking with my CDC I am now on SS+, which i ws very worried about as I thought putting any food in would make me crave more. But 2 days running of 2 shakes and 1 large chicken breast (ok - not thw most exciting meal but its chewable) and th weight is still coming off! Yay

I am on SS+ as I am working up the steps now ready for my wedding in 8 weeks - as i tried over xmas going from SS to full food in one go and the stomach aches are incredible - so be warned, sitting at the panto with severe wind issues is not fun, I think the people around me were just hopig I was part of the act!

Looking forward to reading mroe updtes from you all

Hi Egbert :). Welcome aboard!

Sounds like you're doing fab. Aww a bet you're sooooo excited for the big day? 8 weeks will fly by.

Day 6 for me (wish it was day 66). Everything going well, nothing exciting to report at the mo haha.
Will log on tonight to see what everyone's day has been like. Chow for now. xx

Hi everyone!
Iam in on the January challenge, I have about 2 stone to lose by August for my wedding. This is my second time on Cambridge done it last year and it went really well but managed to put all the weight back on after my holiday. So here I am again! Starting tomorrow and so excited! Good luck everyone and well done.
Amy xxx

amy_slim said:
Hi everyone!
Iam in on the January challenge, I have about 2 stone to lose by August for my wedding. This is my second time on Cambridge done it last year and it went really well but managed to put all the weight back on after my holiday. So here I am again! Starting tomorrow and so excited! Good luck everyone and well done.
Amy xxx

hiiii Amy welcome and well done for getting back on board with cd. how did you find it last year? how much did you lose in how much time?!! im sure we will all be turning to you for words of wisdom as you're an old pro!!! xxx

Hi Girlies. Welcome Amy, you'l' lose 2 stone in no time :).

Well this is my 7th day and im over the moon to report that I have lost......... 7lb :). yeeeeeha, soooo happy. Not actually seeing my CDC until the 18th Jan as I had just over 2 weeks worth of packs from the last time I was on CD. So looking forward to losing some more before my app with her.

Went out last night for my friends birthday and I must say it was tough, sitting sober while everyone was getting tipsy, BUT the main thing is I didn't cave in and feel so good for it today (Well done me). Also it was a real eye opener being out and sober lol, watching girls try to dance and falling over etc etc, Because that's usually me hahaha.

Have a good day lovely ladies. I will log on tonight to see hpw yiu's are all doing. xxx

Hi everyone , im starting CD on thursday , been on LL but fell off the wagon 4 weeks ago , now hopping on this one :D

Wow Karen you have done so well with your weight loss. That's amazing! Xx

thanks lily i have put on a few pounds over xmas but just spoke to cd woman and she said it will be mainly glycogen and will come back of quickly pheeeeew :)

That's fab news! I started cd on 03 Jan and I'm loving it. First diet I've ever managed to stick to and I know it's only day 6 but from my history that's a huge achievement...lol xx good luck and keep us updated xx

i know exactly what you mean lily , day 6 is good you will be well in to ketosis now and i always take it day by day and before you know it weeks will be gone and pounds to x

hi girls.

just want to update you on my weekend..its been full of ups and downs!

Friday night was very hard. between my boyfriends burger king and his parents' dinner party i felt like i was desperate to put something in my mouth. but i resisted and felt motivated by doin so.

saturday was a lot easier than expected. went out shopping in the day and just sipped away on my water and then chilled with my oriental chilli soup in the evening! so saturday was an up.

but overnight my body decided to go into "breakthrough bleeding" which is mad for me because i havent had a period since 2005! so that really freaked me out..its very very light but god know how long it will last..i dont know!?! so ive been feeling a bit weak and weird all day..culminating in half an hour ago when i felt so sick and weak i had to literally lie on my bathroom floor till i had the strength to stand up again. very very weird. and to add to that i just made a warm vanilla shake and it all curdled (again!) so now i only have a gross warm water concoction for the rest of the day!! boo hoo. heres hoping tm is better xxx

Oh Beth, I hope you are ok. I know what it's like to have irregular periods. I went 18 months without before then when it did appear it was hell on earth. The pain was so bad it made me pass out!! I hope things get easier for you. I find that a hot bath helps me relax and calms me right down. I hope you dont mind me asking but do you have PCOS? Is that the reason for your absent periods? I'm a PCOS sufferer myself, been dealing with it for 13 years now xx

LilyPotter said:
Oh Beth, I hope you are ok. I know what it's like to have irregular periods. I went 18 months without before then when it did appear it was hell on earth. The pain was so bad it made me pass out!! I hope things get easier for you. I find that a hot bath helps me relax and calms me right down. I hope you dont mind me asking but do you have PCOS? Is that the reason for your absent periods? I'm a PCOS sufferer myself, been dealing with it for 13 years now xx

hi lily. thanks for your concern. i have made myself feel slightly better by cwtchin up in bed and watching 500 days of summer..great film!!

i had all the tests done for pcos because my cycle was mad..as in i couldnt leave my house or bed for one week a month. but they were still very regular..just horrendous. the tests were negative and they diagnosed an imbalance of hormones..and i got put on the mini pill...and i had no period since!! which is why today freaked me out so much and it has probably put my body into shock!! i guess the diet has messed up my hormone levels?? hope it doesnt last too long :( xxx

Sounds like that could be the reason. Weight loss normally has quite an impact on our hormones but normally in a good way. Hope you feel better soon hunni xxx

Ketosis always causes me to get a period, and I'm the same. I never get them, or its once in a blue moon. If memory serves me well, mine usually last for weeks at a time because of Ketosis. And tbh, they only usually ever stopped when I started eating carbs again.

Hoping thats just my imagination and its not actually weeks, or indefinitly.... god, thats an awful thought!!!!

Back