January challenge anyone?? Starting 2nd Jan.

I have one of the contraception implants and 2 days after starting CD I started to bleed and only just stopped...over 4 weeks later. So. It sure if it is stupid implant as so far have had: 3 months bleeding, 6 weeks of nothing, 4.5 weeks of bleeding... Have to say this form of contraception is not really winning me over! Fingers crossed if it is keto related, then maybe the bleeding will not come back for a while!

Hope everyone's bodies sort themselves out soon! Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thank you all for your support girlies :)

Just a quick update today - to let you know I've had my first weigh in and I've lost 7lbs this week.

This is GREAT for me, but even better is that I have lost 8 and a half inches...I reckon they were all carb inches!..goes to show how much Carbs bloat you out.

So I am pleased with that, and motivated for next week.

Also feeling better today, much more energy and work flew by today cause I kept myself very busy - unusual for a Monday!!

Is it strange that since I started this diet I have become obsessssed with Come Dine With Me?!!? hahaha I always enjoyed it, but now I feel like watching it gives me a food fix every day! LOL. I'm probably just weird.

Did anyone else weigh in today?

Hope you are all good xxxxxxx

Fabulous news hunni! Well done...you should be very pleased with yourself. I'm due to weigh in tomorrow evening :) I'm excited as I've stuck to it 100% for that last 7 days which is further than I've ever got!

Oh and I'm with you on the come dine with me obsession, I'm totally into it and I think you are right about the food fix! Lol xxx

Well done with the loss! Woo!!! *does a mini wave and celebration to you*

I'm watching come dine with me on More 4 as we speak! lol! Lovin it! :)

I have one of the contraception implants and 2 days after starting CD I started to bleed and only just stopped...over 4 weeks later. So. It sure if it is stupid implant as so far have had: 3 months bleeding, 6 weeks of nothing, 4.5 weeks of bleeding... Have to say this form of contraception is not really winning me over! Fingers crossed if it is keto related, then maybe the bleeding will not come back for a while!

Hope everyone's bodies sort themselves out soon! Xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I had the contraception implant - in the first month I bloated up massively, got covered in spots and felt totally miserable. I had it taken out and they said it was a good job I hadnt had the injection they offered originally, since once its in you are stuck for months!
I have the Mirena coil - I had the normal coil before and this is much the same but the hormones are concentrated in the right area - and I no longer have periods. Which is great for me! :)

I'm sooo grumpy tonight!! my weight loss seems to have slowed/halted over the weekend. boo hoo..ive been stuck on the same pound since sunday..!! noooo!!

i know i shouldnt worry but i want this lack of food and scrumptiousness to count for something!

also tonight i reallly want a meal. a hot,stodgy,carb filled meal. lol. actually i just want the fish and chips my brother had for his tea. nomnomnom.

im watching the great british bakeoff too and reminding myself how much i miss baking! i had lots of new baking books for xmas and they are all looking so unloved!! xxxxx

ooo god. they are making cheesy scones. must.turn.off.the.television.

I have felt really down today, and scoffed half a choc orange :break_diet::break_diet::mad::mad:

I don't think I will be losing any weight this week

So for my January challenge of losing a stone....I am 11lbs off in the first week!!! Chuffed, chuffed, chuffed!!!!

Really sorry you guys are feeling down tho, hope it gets better soon. I'm off to watch the biggest loser xxx

LilyPotter said:
So for my January challenge of losing a stone....I am 11lbs off in the first week!!! Chuffed, chuffed, chuffed!!!!

Really sorry you guys are feeling down tho, hope it gets better soon. I'm off to watch the biggest loser xxx

omg! lily well done that is completely amazing. soooo happy for you :) xxxxx

Thanks Hun....I'm very happy :) xx

I have felt really down today, and scoffed half a choc orange :break_diet::break_diet::mad::mad:

I don't think I will be losing any weight this week

Ah not to worry, back on the wagon then. Everyone falls off at some point. I did it about every week on Atkins!

Been feeling really down the last 3 days or so, so I know how you feel.

*virtual hugs*

Hi girls!
I have the same thing every time I go on a vlvd. They start around day 5 and only stop once I start eating carbs again. I have the implant in so never have periods usually. A down side of the diet as it doesn't seem to go away. I was really worried last time it happened! But soon went away after I started eating again. Hope you feel better soon!
Xxx

Hellooo lovely ladies, sorry to hear that a few of you are feeling a bit down, just stick to it and try measuring instead of weighing if you feel the results arn't showing on scales, sometimes water retention is to blame.

I'm on day 10 now and everything is going fine with the diet, I'm in the zone now. Although I broke up with my partner at the beginning of December and i'm finding it tough not seeing him/talking to him everyday :-(. We broke up for the right reasons but I still find it hard. Trying to stay positive though and I think I'm dealing with it pretty well. Onwards and upwards eh. Have a good day ladies. xxx

Hey Katie, sorry to hear about you and your boyfriend, hope you are ok? I know how tough it can be to split up with someone - so fair play to you for taking on the diet at the same time too!

How is everyone getting on with the diet!?

Cannot believe it is day 11 already, that seems pretty cool - week two is on the way to being over, has gone much quicker than week one, what do you all think?

My scales aren't moving much at all this week - I am trying not to get too frustrated by it though. I am sticking to the diet and so it is impossible that my body isn't changing for the better in some way.

Had a lovely experience in work today as well, usually everyone here is quite sceptical about this diet and they jibe me about it. So I usually end up feeling depressed when I am making my lunch because people put in all the little comments. So today I hid in the service kitchen away from everyone and made my shake...but a service guy came in (the guys who fix all the ITV appliances etc) and I thought oh no someone else to make fun of me and say my lunch looked horrible. But he said "oh is that slim fast" to which I replied no I am on the Cambridge diet, and he said, well it might not look nice but I wouldn't have a bad word said against those diets, I did slim fast a couple of years ago and lost 5 stone! He said it is all willpower and most people only take the mick because they are jealous and that I was looking great. YAY!

That comment really cheered me up, it is so nice when someone is on your side!! hehe.

Now if my scales could join in with my cause that would be great! LOL.

Aw, he sounds lovely! If I could hide at work and have my lunch I would, sadly, I need to have it at my desk (small office) so theres no escaping the disgusting daily comments from my collegues.

My scales dont seem to be playing much this week. Not that im incessently weighing myself everyday or anything.... !

Thanks Beth (I'm following you on twitter lol).

I have the same problem with all my friends (apart from my 2 close friends) i'm constantly gettin jip because of the diet, and also off people at work..... well I enventually flipped with them and said 'It's my body and i'll do what the hell I like with it' haha, that shut them up. :). Go me.... they were driving me crazy.

Hows everyone's day so far? Day 11 yay. xx

Day 10 for me and still 100%!!! I'm loving this diet although think this is gonna be a slow week. Since tues I've lost no weight :( but I'm not gonna fail! I'm determined. One good thing is that I don't normally get time of the month as I have PCOS but guess what, it appeared this morning!! Really chuffed as something is definitely working!! Woop Woop!! Xxx

Hi girls! I started on the 2nd to I found days 4&5 really hard! But carried on and lost 12 1/2lbs last week so that's spurred me to keep going! It's so helpful to read all of your journeys to. I would roughly like to loose 5-6 stone Maybe a bit more but we will wait and see! Hope your all having a good week. Corine xx

Back