January challenge anyone?? Starting 2nd Jan.

Hi Girls, and welcome Corine!

How are we all getting on?

Can't believe another weekend is upon us JOY!

I had the mother of all arguments with my parents last night. I wont go into it, but basically they are currently separating, and both of them are highly frustrating in their own way - but they constantly put me in the middle, and I am always the one who ends up the bad guy - which I can't work out!?! But anyway, they are driving me mad, but I can't afford to move out :(

Luckily I am going to my boyfriends for the weekend, so will get some head space. We are off to a gig tonight - which I am looking forward to. I do a lot of music journalism so I am used to not drinking at gigs except for water, so I am actually looking forward to going out - it will be better than staying in the house, and wont have food temptations. The only problem is when I stay out late I often eat crap when I get home / or on the way home - THIS WILL NOT HAPPEN TONIGHT!!

Day 12 already, can't believe it, but still a long way to go, and have to stay motivated.

Don't know how well I have done with water this week, I think I've drunk about 5 pints a day - is this ok? Not sure how much it affects weight loss.

Don't actually feel like the scales have moved AT ALL since last weigh in, but hey ho, at least I'm not putting ON weight! (I HOPE!!!!!!!)

Also, had a really strange dream last night, that I was at my desks and I was eating grapes, then I was really upset because I broke the diet -does anyone have these crazy diet failing dreams?!!?

I must say when my parents were arguing last night I almost ate a chicken breast from the tesco deli counter which my dad bought earlier, but I resisted. Getting ok at this resisting thing!

Love xxxxx

had another diet failure dream last night. that i ate a cambridge bar and was really upset about it because it wasnt on my plan and then i ate a pretzel but remembered i wasnt supposed to and spat it out. i kmow it sounds silly but they are really horrible dreams i literally wake up panicing!!! hope they go away soon!!!

Oh Beth I feel your pain. I had a dream about stuffing my face with cake and woke up the following morning really angry cos I thought I had ruined my diet. It's a reoccurring dream and I think it must have something to do with us craving carbs! I'm hoping it will pass soon. Hope things have settled down with your parents too xxx

my 'cheating' dreams passed after the first month or two. i think i've had one, since.

I did have food dreams at first, but they have gone now.

Of course, I have not been good this week - half a chic orange a few days ago and a drink tonight. My loss will be nil this week - it was barely moving anyway. Very frustrating - it was much easier on SS than it is on SS+.

Well, I hope you are all doing well anyway and are close to your Jan targets! :)

oh good hope the dreams dont last!!!

had my first shake blended with ice today that was really nice :)

also for the first time added pepper to my soup to give it an extra kick...

and before bed tonight im going to have a peppermint tea.

its really funny how tiny little treats can seem so huge and how much we had taken what are essentially "treat" foods for granted. for example my boyfriend had a pizza tonight and to him it was just like another meal,but for me i saw it for what it was for the first time...not something i should eat thoughtlessly every day, but rather a massive treat to be savoured and enjoyed every now and again. hope i can keep that mentality up after i have come off the diet!!! xxx

somebody please take away my scales! i just weighed myself and i have literally lost 1 pound this week. and my cdcs scales weigh me on average 2 pounds heavier than my own! if i go there for the weigh in tomoro and i have only lost a pound she is surely not going to believe that i havent cheated all week!!! dont know why the weight loss seems to have stalled...im only on week two!!! i was hoping to average 3-4 pounds a week to reach my target by the end of the 12 weeks. if i only lose a pound a week i will never be off sole source!!!! xxx

Right - firstly, nothing's set in stone til your official weigh-in. I've also only lost 1lb this week by my scales, but somehow, i've had weeks where i've stepped on my CDCs scales and magic has happened. It's not worth getting het up over. Secondly - don't weigh yourself at 5 in the afternoon - you'll be full of water! One litre of water weighs over two lbs, and that's before we count anything you've eaten and what you're wearing.

Lastly, and remember this: WEIGHT LOSS IS NOT LINEAR AND IT IS NOT FAIR.

Most people average a stone a month loss. that does not mean you will have a perfect 3.5lbs every single week. Some weeks you might even gain! All you can do is stick to the plan 100% and have faith: it WILL come off in the end. However, you're only just overweight and your body will probably lose weight a little bit slower than other people. It will still be faster than any other diet. Patience!

thanks for that.

I do try to weigh myself in the evenings though because my weigh ins are at 6:30pm so i try to get a fair reflection by weighing around the same time each day.

I am sure everybody goes through phases of frustration on this diet, today is my day...after a weekend of seeing my friends eat rubbish i was hoping for a divine scales msg that i was doing the right thing!!

buttt i am doing the right thing, and im playing the long game...but as i am sure everybody feels at some point i worry "im the only one in this world it wont work for!" scientifically impossible but my irrational brain is a hard beast to conquer!!!

Did anyone have problems with there monthly cycle? My cycles always been fine but I've got 9 days of my pill left and I came on today??? Do you think it's diet related? Xx

Ketosis gives me a permanent period. At least, thats how it usually feels anyway. Its been 14 days on the diet for me today and I got my period about 3 days in. Thought it had gone today, but its debatable at the moment. :(

Thanks! I did think I was getting it because I've been getting pains the last few days. Yeah today's my 14th day to, do you think it's affected your weight loss? Some people say it makes you retain water? X

I couldnt honestly say. When I was doing atkins it usually made me sts but i've lost both weeks so far, and tbh if I hadnt I wouldnt be here now! lol!

So as far as I can tell, I'm doing ok. And if my period is making me hold onto weight, then if it eventually goes, I should be due a massive whoosh the following WI :)

Ketosis gives me a permanent period. At least, thats how it usually feels anyway. Its been 14 days on the diet for me today and I got my period about 3 days in. Thought it had gone today, but its debatable at the moment. :(

I was wondering if ketosis had something to do with it....I pretty much got it after 3 days and I'm on day 13. How long does your normally last whilst in ketosis? It's driving me mad cos I am all bloated!!! Lol xxx

From what I can remember, and I'm hoping I'm wrong, its pretty much a good 3 weeks at a time. I do remember it stopping, but for how long, I honestly cant remember!

ohh GAAAD! Really enjoyed my mint choc shake last night - and I hate chocolate. So thought I would try the choc orange today. Eek. It literally tastes like someone melted down a matchmaker and put it in a mug. tastes weirdly metallic as well. Not my fave! However, I am hoping for a good result at WI tonight, I think 3lbs would be great - any more a bonus, any less I can make up for next week :) xxx

I liked the choc mint one first time, now i can't stand the thought of it lol. Choc orange is my fav shake at the moment. Reminds me of terrys choc orange!

Drinking the rest of my veg soup I had for lunch. It's the most tasteless dish soap water I've ever had.

I can cross that off my shopping list for this week lol

Back