January challenge anyone?? Starting 2nd Jan.

4lb this week that's 31lbs in 5 weeks which I'm over the moon with but I still can't see it to look in the mirror!!! So frustrating!!! And I've got the dreaded theatre and meal on sat! Hopefully I can get straight back to it on sun morning! Hope all your wi's are great this week xx

Hi Corine. how did u get on at the theatre??

As you may have seen from my ticker and stats...I lost another four pounds this week..which I am really happy with,and really needed for a boost.

Cant believe that I am half way through ss. I must say I am proud of myself...and for the first time in years and years...I am in the eights.

13 pounds till I get to 8 stone and can then move up the steps for my final half stone.

Already educating myself in healthy food and have decided on my "getting to goal" treat...a new food processor and steamer.

have shocked myself looking through calorie content in fast food...will not being going back to that way of life.

My cdc has said she is really proud of me and the way I have adapted my lifestyle around the diet rather than adapting the diet around my lifestyle. I have celebrated valentines, I have been out with friends..and I havent cheated.

just reading the latest cambridge inspiration magazine...giving me more boost to carry on!!!

6 weeks down, six to go :) xxx

Hey girls. hope you are all well. crazy busy week for me but a good one I must say.

I have just been chosen for a feature on young women in the media for more magazine. stylist and makeup artist included..so what better way to display my new trimmer figure lol.

whod have thought it...beth..coming to a newsagents near you soon! ;)

last night I was very very proud of myself.

It was my oh sister's birthday.They decided to have takeaway...Indian AND Chinese. Indian is deffff my fave.

I managed to sit at the table with them all..with my soup..and not touch anything. And weirdly...I didn't want to!!! The Indian looked kinda greasy...never thought I would ever say that!!!

However...i treated myself by spending 300 on new look online. eeek. I bought about 30 items,mainly new trousers, and some new shoes,and a dress,and some new blouses...Im pretty sure nothing will fit..but my clothes at the moment are just ridiculously too big. eek..is it silly that im thinkin i shouldnt have bought smaller clothes...of course they will fit me soon...the bigger size is almost impossible to keep up! i dont know...im finding it hard to adjust to being smaller. losing almosy two stone so quickly does strange things to your brain. I still see myself as a bigger person.

however I bought 2 Yumi blouses...one sausage dog print...one fox print. I AM SUCH A SUCKER FOR ANIMAL PRINTS!!!! XXX

sigh. I have a Sunday night panic attack again.

Every Sunday I spend most of the day organising myself for the week ahead. I sort out my light clothes for weigh in on the monday...I clean and tidy and pay any bills I need to etc.

I usually spend most of Sunday in my bedroom and watch a couple of films (today was mary and max) and I am usually in bed by around 8!

However when I turn the tv off and settle in...I cant for the life of me get to sleep. I toss and turn and my mind feels overwhelmed by thoughts...

Am I losing weight quick enough...will I get any interviews for the jobs Ive applied for..what will i say if i do get interviews...if i get a new job will my current boss hate me...will me and my boyfriend ever be able to afford a house...what if i get a job miles away will our relationship work....how will i ever earn more money....what happens when my parents divorce....will they still love me..who will i live with...what happens at xmas time...when i finish this diet will i go back to being fat...why have i spent so much on clothes...will the bank call in my debts...what happens when we die.

the last one always sends me into a complete panic...its like i use the fear of death to outweigh all the other worries.

last week this got so bad I had full sleep paralysis..so my body was panicked even when i was asleep.

I caused myself so much anguish I ended up with a migraine and missed the next day of work.

Im sorry this all sounds completely mental. i know. i just needed to write it somewhere. I dont know why its a sunday specifically!!

Ive always been a huge control freak...and in some ways I think ive used this diet as an outlet of control.

My job is uncertain,my housing situation is uncertain,the future of my family is uncertain...and I guess weightloss is quickly becoming my source of control in an otherwise crazy lifestyle.

Im sorry for this ramble..And for hijacking this thread but everyone else seems to have vanished from here anyway so......

xxx

Hi Beth, just reading you replies! Hope you don't mind. I don't think your mental, what is mental anyway?? I'm pennie and I'm on day 10 of the CD SS. It's so freakun hard right?! N I totally relate to the "over thinking things" I used to lye awake long into the night, worrying, panicking, couldn't catch my breathe from a very over active mind. I decided to go to the doctors, he was very kind and understanding, gave me some calms tablets ad u've never looked back! Every time I feel a burst of over active night tune thinking coming on I simply take on n everything's fine :). Not saying that you need to see a doctor though so please don't take this the wrong way, just simply sharing my experience. X

hello S.P thank you so much for your reply. I really appreciate it. I am going to take your advice on board..I think perhaps I will go to the doctors and ask them about some basic counselling for anxiety...I just have so much on at the moment I need to vent it all or my mind goes into overload. And unfortunately as amazin as my friends are I am always seen as the strong one..when maybe i need someone to be strong for me at the min.

Anyway just to cheer everyone up on this glum day...here is my makeover for more! magazine. Who knew drag queen was a fashionable look hahahaha.

ForumRunner_20120222_173304.jpg

You look fab in the make over Hun, not drag queen looking at all :) and I'm glad to hear your considering a little trip to see the doctor, your life may be busy but you have to look after number 1 sometimes. anxiety is not anything to be ashamed of, most people go through a stage of it at some point.
Anyway are u still on a weight loss plan? Just your photo doesn't seem like u need to be haha.

:)

thank you hun! how are you getting on with cd?? i am still on it yes... i am stepping up soon though...ive lost almost 2 stone on cambridge so far. However...the photo is quite misleadin weight wise...because i am very short so my bmi is still not as low as i would like it...and I carry a lot of weight on my legs etc so i was sneaky and wore a dress to hide it hehehe. i have lost pretty much all the weight from my top half...and with my hair up my face does look thinner! from my bottom half I havent even gone down a size yet!! xxxx

Same here! My weight usually goes from the top half first then the bottom half is a right task to get slim!!! And I'm doing ok yeah, just on my second week of ss, lost 10lb in my first week, bin on the scales during this week (worst idea ever) and havnt lost anything since Saturday, totally gutted :( but we shall see what happens this Saturday, hopefully a miracle!!

this diet is costing me a fortune!! haha. two months in tomorrow so have treated myself to new mac makeup and a new wardrobe of chinos from new look. lol. my seamstress is going to be over the moon when i take my entire wardrobe to her for altering in about a month!!!! xx

You deserve them you are doing soooo well.

Hubby has promised me a pair of Ugg boots if I hit 3 stone. 10lbs to go !!! Xxx

Thanks hun, so are you!! :)
It's funny isn't it...since starting to lose weight I am so much more interested in makeup and hair and clothes, and experimenting! My boyfriend says I look like a different person every time I see him now LOL.
Oh gosh I would LOVE some new Ugg boots, lucky you!!!!!!!!!! I am currently rocking some new navy boat shoes from New Look - only cheapies but I am obsessed with the nautical look, so they go great with my new red chinos. hehehe. xxxx

I know exactky what you mean about taking more of an interest in clothes, shoes etc. I seem to be into anything with stripes at the moment.
Hubby bought me a dress in my next size down today for our holiday in moat as an incentive and I ordered some new shoes tonight.
The thing is although I know I'm losing, I can't really see it yet even though I've lost over 2 stone. Hopefully by the 3 stone mark it will be more noticeable xxx

Holiday in may....not moat!!! Stupid iPad.....lol xx

I think it is probably more noticeable to other people than to ourselves! We have to see ourselves every day so its very gradual - I saw some friends who I hadnt seen since christmas yesterday, and they were shocked!
Where are you off on holidays hun? I would LOVE to buy a lovely bikini this year, but I will have to wear it round the house as I can't afford a holiday LOL. xxxxx

I'm off to kos in greece for my brothers wedding. I was determined to lose weight as last time I flew I had to get the extra bit for the seat belt which was sooooo embarrassing!!! It really made me think about things long and hard!!! Xxx

well i am positive that you wont be having that problem this year! and a holiday is great motivation to stay on track! i only had a small loss this week..about 1 and a half pounds. but that is fine.I have about 9 pounds to lose in a month before stepping up...so I am not going to be too downhearted about a small loss (yet!) I bought meals in minutes today....though i have a month to go I am such a control freak I want to start planning now! plus any excuse to look at pretty pictures of food!!! xxx

I'm hoping that I will get at least 3lbs this week but my scales haven't really moved much :( weigh in on Wednesday so praying I get a whoosh before then!!

My hubby works for Jamie Oliver so we have loads of cook books and I like to just read them now and again to remind me if what food actually looks like!!! Sad eh!! Lol xxx

In sure you will...i weigh in on mondays and the scales never move until sunday!!!!

oh gosh i love love love jamie oliver. i have the thirty min meals programme and have the book.

But my ultimate fave is madhur jaffreys curry bible. she is the queen of indian and asian food! my faveee.

not forgetting my millions of baking books..but i dare not even open them!!!! xxx

Back