January Sales Challenge

Chinese_lover2

I don't know if anyone out there is as crazy about bargains and discount product as much as me but when I go clothes shopping I will only ever buy things from the sales or that are obviously very good value for money.
The January Sales are one of the best times to shop for clothes for me and next year I want to [STRIKE]be able to[/STRIKE], no... need to buy a whole new wardrobe to fit my new slimmer body.

So, therefore, I propose a new challenge, to be a size smaller or just generally lose weight within that time, in alliance with any christmas challenges there are to keep us focussed. So, if you feel like joining in (and feel free to join at any time) then welcome! I've never started a challenge before but from the others I've been involved in generally involve starting this journey with stats/goals. Here are mine:

I want to lose approx. 17lb and be 15 and a half stone by New Years, hopefully being a size (or two :D) smaller.

How about you?

I'm in =) I'm a student and can't afford full price clothes so the sales are a great way to keep focused.

So, by the 1st January I'd like to lose 35lbs (quite a big target but I need to do it) which would hopefully put me down by around two dress sizes =)

Hiya :)
I'm in - returning to uni so same as Katie will no longer be able to buy full price clothes ;)
I also have my 2nd appointment at gynae and need to lower BMI so this will help me along.
It is 16 weeks until new yr

I want to loose 40lbs by new year :D

Chinese_lover2: 0lb lost - 17lb to go
Entropy- Katie: 0lb lost - 35lb to go
Jengen - Jen: 0lb lost - 40lb to go

Hello Katie and Jen... I'm Carol :) Welcome to the challenge, really looking forward to going through these next couple of months with you. I meant to update this thread yesterday to put down that I lost a lb. I'm also a student, not quite up to uni level. Just doing an NVQ, but still keep to a strict budget.

Chinese_lover2 - Carol: 1lb lost - 16lb to go
Entropy - Katie: 0lb lost - 35lb to go

yayyy ok so I've lost 2lbs since I started the challenge...

Entropy - Katie: 2lb lost - 33lb to go

I weigh in on a Mon so will update after weekend :)
well done on your losses so far - what days do you weigh in? x

I don't attend a class at the moment but I tend to weigh on a friday because I have done for the last few weeks

Oooh, me please!

10st10lbs: 0lb lost - 10lb to go

My losses have slowed right the way down to 0.5lb a week, so that is probably the most realistic target for me. Plus it will take me right to my official SW target, and maybe a bit lower even?

Carol, you are a genius for starting this thread!

Ali xxx

:D Thank you, Ali. I was wondering for the first couple of days if I was going to be in it alone! Thanks everyone for joining me, makes everything so much better, with support.

I don't really have a weigh in day, really. I tend to check on my weight every other day, so I update when there's any loss. I find that if I take the gains and sts seriously and have to report on them I end up getting demotivated and turn to comfort food. So, it's just a case of if there's a loss that's good... if there's any gain it's usually down to me not exercising enough or eating too much but I just shrug it off and know I'll get down again and lose more.

Well done Katie on your loss! :happy096: Can't wait to hear from everyone else. Just keep thinking of all those clothes we'll be able fit into... and afford!

Just wondering, what does everyone else do for exercise? I tend to stick to workout tapes and walking, sometimes can be hard to motivate myself to get on with one during the evening though.

Hi Carol, Katie and Ali :)

I think it is best to weigh yourself once a week this was confirmed by doctor as your weight will fluctuate so much between days and as you said Carol if you record your gains it demoralizes you.

I don't do anything to exercise at the min the diet alone has been enough to loose 15.5lbs since 11th Aug but I have just gone part time at work due to returning to uni and I am going to be going the gym and swimming at least once a week! I am actually looking forward to it.

I am looking forward to Christmas and new year :D this forum def helps keep on track! hope to reach target for this challenge and shouldn't be hiding from the camera so much :)

hope everyone on track but don't worry if you have a bad day just get back on it straight away :) I had a bad weekend and still managed to loose 3.5lbs that week because had been really good the rest of the time x

Hiya Girls :)
lost 1.5lb this week :)

chinese_lover2 - Carol: 1lb lost - 16lb to go
Jengen - Jen: 1.5lb lost - 38.5lb to go
10st10lbs - Ali: 0lb lost - 10lb to go

Congrats Jen! I was watching Cherry had a baby yesterday on BBC 3... that was pretty much the weight of one premature baby on there. It's so sad to see but then watching them take that baby home after 11 weeks is amazing. It's just so uplifting thinking the weight we lose in a week could be the weight a baby is born as.

Sorry, just love children, miracle of life :)

Hi Carol, Katie and Ali :)

I think it is best to weigh yourself once a week this was confirmed by doctor as your weight will fluctuate so much between days and as you said Carol if you record your gains it demoralizes you.

I don't do anything to exercise at the min the diet alone has been enough to loose 15.5lbs since 11th Aug but I have just gone part time at work due to returning to uni and I am going to be going the gym and swimming at least once a week! I am actually looking forward to it.

I am looking forward to Christmas and new year :D this forum def helps keep on track! hope to reach target for this challenge and shouldn't be hiding from the camera so much :)

hope everyone on track but don't worry if you have a bad day just get back on it straight away :) I had a bad weekend and still managed to loose 3.5lbs that week because had been really good the rest of the time x

Hello! :) I refuse to weigh at any time other than WI, I would much rather have the surprise!

When do you start gym and swimming again? I am about to start my second year of uni next week, hoping to start going to spinning classes but can only find ONE near me at a suitable time!

I hope I have as good a WI as yours after my bad weekend, 3.5lbs off would be awesome! I had Thursday night and Friday all day off plan (couldn't count the syns even if I wanted to!), since then have only had 22.5 syns... Just four more meals to get through!

xxx

Hiya Girls :)
lost 1.5lb this week :)

Congratulations! xxx

Congrats Jen! I was watching Cherry had a baby yesterday on BBC 3... that was pretty much the weight of one premature baby on there. It's so sad to see but then watching them take that baby home after 11 weeks is amazing. It's just so uplifting thinking the weight we lose in a week could be the weight a baby is born as.

Sorry, just love children, miracle of life :)

Funnily enough, I caught the end 5 mins of that show and was a bit confused, wondered if there'd be a discussion about it on here! The only reason I switched it on (bit embarrassing really) was because I was jumping around my room doing a hip hop abs workout with 12 mins left on it when my sister walked in and I went to change the channel before she saw it - went for BBC Three as I was planning on watching EastEnders after my workout but I think think think think THINK she might have seen the screen! :eek:

Premature babies are such miracles, my cousin fit into my one hand when she was born at 5 months, now she has just turned two and moves so fast I can't keep up with her! xxx

hi guys, i dont do much exercise at the moment apart from being on my feet all day at work and walking to/from the station. When I go back to uni i'm going to join a couple of sports though to get my fitness levels up and i have to walk EVERYWHERE up hills so that should help x

Hi Ali :)
I am going to call up tomorrow to gym to arrange my meeting which you need to have before you start and back at uni on Thurs but only going to be in 4hrs a week - will obv be in library a lot more than that :) so will have a lot more time for gym and swimming but I am only gonna make myself go once a week this month then next month will increase to twice :)
when is that you weigh in? x

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, fell off the wagon a bit :break_diet:
So, absolutely no loss for me. I'm getting back to it though, I'm finding it really hard to remember my tablet with my meals...
I hope everyone's doing okay. Lot's better than my failed attempt the past week.

Hi Ali :)
I am going to call up tomorrow to gym to arrange my meeting which you need to have before you start and back at uni on Thurs but only going to be in 4hrs a week - will obv be in library a lot more than that :) so will have a lot more time for gym and swimming but I am only gonna make myself go once a week this month then next month will increase to twice :)
when is that you weigh in? x

Hi Jen!

Yeahh, those induction things are so boring! But definitely worth it, as I was really conscious all last year of stopping the treadmill properly before I got off it and little things like that :)

I weigh in on Thursday mornings, don't usually have any breakfast beforehand, just go the toilet (but haven't been able to go very much recently! :() and maybe grab a glass of water.

xxx

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while, fell off the wagon a bit :break_diet:
So, absolutely no loss for me. I'm getting back to it though, I'm finding it really hard to remember my tablet with my meals...
I hope everyone's doing okay. Lot's better than my failed attempt the past week.

Aww :( Hope you feel better soon, been having a tough week with SW myself - tablets are the bane of my life. 'Take one three times a day, four hours apart'... Errr, I think it's been about 7 hours now! :eek: Ooops.

Get better soon, absolutely no loss beats absolutely big gain :) xxx

Sorry 10st - I don't actually know your name... if you did say, I can't remember at all - I totally didn't get your reply until now. Another one of those weeks, I've been ill, like it seems a lot of people have been, so just haven't really checked in or updated because I wasn't doing any exercise at all and eating way too much to keep my energy levels up, so over all still maintained my 16 stone 9 lbs...

I've decided to come off the tablets, I was never remembering them anyway! Just trying to do it on my own for a while. I've got a whole new routine in place this week, going to bed early and try getting up early so that I can exercise then, we'll see how that works out. How is everyone else doing? I look forward to hearing about the losses, I'm living vicariously through you.

Back